Alberta declares State of Public Health Emergency

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
People have been known to die in car accidents while wearing seat belts dochanow?
Does that mean we should all quit wearing them?????????

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
They are not immune.. quit spreading BULL SHIT!!

What it does is lesson the affects of COVID if you catch it.. meanwhile the unvaccinated are plugging up the fucking Hospitals..
This is a recent change in the defining and expectation of vaccines by the CDC, who just so happened to amend their definition less than a month ago. Vaccines at one time did exactly that...vaccinate to produce immunity. Now they can apparently only "offer protection"....The old definition has apparently been stuffed down the memory hole.

Unfortunately, official medical definitions have not yet been "modified", but I'm sure that will change soon. I don't blame you for the confusion you have, it's hard to keep up with all the redefining, goalpost moving, and technical reframing we're being subjected to these days.

vaccinate​

[vak´sĭ-nāt]
to inoculate with vaccine to produce immunity.

Cite: Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

vaccinate​

(văk′sə-nāt′)
v. vacci·nated, vacci·nating, vacci·nates
v.tr.
To inoculate with a vaccine in order to produce immunity to an infectious disease, such as diphtheria or typhus.
v.intr.
To perform vaccinations or a vaccination.

vac′ci·na′tor n.
Cite: The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Like those stupid people who read medical journals? You mean those people?

An effective vaccine will protect someone who receives it by lowering the chance of getting COVID-19 if the person encounters the coronavirus. More important is whether the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization and death.

Yeah, probably those stupid people, who only read what they wanted to read.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So are a lot of folks in this forum.................................Professional malcontents :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
I pay heavily for the right to be malcontent . Why would anyone other than a government employee have anything to make them contented with the amount of sweat stolen from us in the way of taxes .

Reactions: taxslave

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
All of the classic anti-vax excuses are out in full force this thread.

Meanwhile, your healthcare system is overwhelmed, while other provinces are not 🤔

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So those 6 double jabbed seniors that passed away from Covid in a long term care home had extra protection . Good to know . They must have just been break through cases so no worries .
What a lot of people don't get is that the vaccine doesn't eliminate risk, but it reduces it by a significant amount. A favorite line among anti-vaxxers is that they have a small chance of dying or even getting hospitalized without getting vaccinated. What they like to ignore is that risk of transmission is reduced, along with the risk of developing a serious case. So fine, an anti-vaxxer catches a mild case and is back on the streets in no time saying "I told ya so." How many people did he pass the virus along to in the meantime and how many of those cases would eventually go on to cause a few more deaths among seniors ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What a lot of people don't get is that the vaccine doesn't eliminate risk, but it reduces it by a significant amount. A favorite line among anti-vaxxers is that they have a small chance of dying or even getting hospitalized without getting vaccinated. What they like to ignore is that risk of transmission is reduced, along with the risk of developing a serious case. So fine, an anti-vaxxer catches a mild case and is back on the streets in no time saying "I told ya so." How many people did he pass the virus along to in the meantime and how many of those cases would eventually go on to cause a few more deaths among seniors ?
What people don’t seem to get , this is not a vaccine , this is an RNA inhibiter . I am not an anti vaccine . I have all my standard vaccines .. What I am is against forcing experimental treatments on an unsuspecting public . Do you know if you are experiencing adverse affects ? Are you 100% sure ?
Great a vaccine that does not stop you from catching the disease and does not stop you spreading the Covid . What good is it again ? Over98% of people that contact this disease recover fully , pretty good chances .