Abortion

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
That's ridiculous. If you consider a foetus a human being at any stage, there can be no rape/incest exception. That is logically the exact same thing as saying that if an 18 year old was the product of rape, I can walk up to him and shoot him in the head without consequences.

Yea I was half cut when I wrote it and trying to meet people half way.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, the baby is the one that pays the price for the crime, and that price is death, and you have no problem with killing a baby.

I believe it's not my say in what the mother does. If she keeps the baby, or aborts it, that's not my decision to make.

Do I personally think it's killing a baby? I think it's killing a baby-to-be. Could I do it? I don't know but I'd like to think that even if raped, I wouldn't, because I don't know if I could.

But again, I don't know.

As for the baby paying the price for the crime, if you want to look at it that way, go ahead. I see the mother paying MORE of a price, in the end, but that's just an opinion.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Rape is relatively rare and being impregnated from a rapist even rarer. Abortion, even after giving birth, is available in NY or VA and prahly a few other states so no problem ending a pregnancy.

It doesn't MATTER if rape is rare (which it's not) and a woman becoming pregnant from a rape is rarer. It still can happen, and there should be exceptions. You said it yourself, it'd be up to your daughter to decide.

This bill is REMOVING her CHOICE.

Admittedly I had to look at 'after birth abortion' because I'd never heard of it before and I'm still WTF about it.

I'll have to read into it more but my first thought, seriously, about it is - if the baby is going to die, and IF the mother/parents are in agreement, then releasing an infant from excruciating pain/misery is no worse than someone wanting to die with a terminal illness. I see it as a mercy thing.

But again, it's a CHOICE for the mother/parents, and not anything to do with me.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
That's ridiculous. If you consider a foetus a human being at any stage, there can be no rape/incest exception. That is logically the exact same thing as saying that if an 18 year old was the product of rape, I can walk up to him and shoot him in the head without consequences.
That's prog logic.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's prog logic.
We actually agree for once, Walter. And it's my birthday, so thanks. I genuinely, no sarcasm, appreciate this and consider it a fine gift.

If at whatever point of gestation you choose, you deem that a foetus has become a human being, then regardless of the circumstance of its conception or its current medical state, abortion is premeditated murder. End of.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Old man does not think rape is so bad

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Rape is relatively rare and being impregnated from a rapist even rarer. Abortion, even after giving birth, is available in NY or VA and prahly a few other states so no problem ending a pregnancy.
Old man does not think rape is so bad.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
We actually agree for once, Walter. And it's my birthday, so thanks. I genuinely, no sarcasm, appreciate this and consider it a fine gift.
If at whatever point of gestation you choose, you deem that a foetus has become a human being, then regardless of the circumstance of its conception or its current medical state, abortion is premeditated murder. End of.
Ah
The old men shake hands across the wreckage of their beliefs

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If abortion isn't murder, then why is murdering a pregnant woman treated as a double homicide? And would it still be a double homicide if you murdered her while she was on the way to an abortion clinic?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If abortion isn't murder, then why is murdering a pregnant woman treated as a double homicide? And would it still be a double homicide if you murdered her while she was on the way to an abortion clinic?

I think that's an interesting question and I'd suggest that if the pregnant woman wanted the child then yes, it should be treated as double homicide.

If she did not want the pregnancy or if she was murdered on her way to or before she got to a clinic then... well logically no, it shouldn't be considered a double homicide.

I think "intent" should matter in a case like that.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think that's an interesting question and I'd suggest that if the pregnant woman wanted the child then yes, it should be treated as double homicide.

If she did not want the pregnancy or if she was murdered on her way to or before she got to a clinic then... well logically no, it shouldn't be considered a double homicide.

I think "intent" should matter in a case like that.
So then the question remains , is the baby in her womb a child or not ? If the answer is child , abortion would therefore constitute murder .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It doesn't MATTER if rape is rare (which it's not) and a woman becoming pregnant from a rape is rarer. It still can happen, and there should be exceptions. You said it yourself, it'd be up to your daughter to decide.
This bill is REMOVING her CHOICE.
Admittedly I had to look at 'after birth abortion' because I'd never heard of it before and I'm still WTF about it.
I'll have to read into it more but my first thought, seriously, about it is - if the baby is going to die, and IF the mother/parents are in agreement, then releasing an infant from excruciating pain/misery is no worse than someone wanting to die with a terminal illness. I see it as a mercy thing.
But again, it's a CHOICE for the mother/parents, and not anything to do with me.
There is no such thing as after birth abortion. Contradiction in terms. It is just a slogan dreamed up by the anti abortion crowd. What they are talking about is really Mercy killing. Same as you would for an animal that was born seriously fukked up.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is no such thing as after birth abortion. Contradiction in terms. It is just a slogan dreamed up by the anti abortion crowd. What they are talking about is really Mercy killing. Same as you would for an animal that was born seriously fukked up.
Doctors used to do that , however it seems humanitarian practices are frowned upon in our modern world .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I believe it's not my say in what the mother does. If she keeps the baby, or aborts it, that's not my decision to make.

So, it's not your decision to make, or not your say if someone decides to kill their 1 yr old or 2 yr old, .....

As for the baby paying the price for the crime, if you want to look at it that way, go ahead. I see the mother paying MORE of a price, in the end, but that's just an opinion.

So death is less of a price to pay. You really don't feel life is worth very much, do you.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sperm donors sure have a lot to say about women's bodies and their reproductive rights. Like I told a catholic friend, "if you don't like abortions, don't have one. What other people do is none of your business." Judge not. It is between the woman, her doctor and her god and has nothing to do with you.