Abortion

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Did you get all judgemental when the government bombed the shit out of Libya with your tax dollars? Do you get bent out of shape when the government spends billions of your tax dollars on foreign aid, $250 toilet seats or any number of bull shit expenses?
I did, but there's still a difference with a distinction here.
It's those who are specifically stating that their reproductive rights are their own business and nobody else's that are the problem. You can't say it's nobody else's business when you then turn around and demand everyone pony up for what you did with your "reproductive rights". With rights come personal responsibilities. Yes, I know, the ALT-left aren't big on that shit but too bad for them.
You can't force someone to have a vested interest in something and then tell them they're not allowed to have an opinion about it, period! This isn't f*cking North Korea.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I did, but there's still a difference with a distinction here.
It's those who are specifically stating that their reproductive rights are their own business and nobody else's that are the problem. You can't say it's nobody else's business when you then turn around and demand everyone pony up for what you did with your "reproductive rights". With rights come personal responsibilities. Yes, I know, the ALT-left aren't big on that shit but too bad for them.
You can't force someone to have a vested interest in something and then tell them they're not allowed to have an opinion about it, period! This isn't f*cking North Korea.

Just wondering what this part means:

You can't say it's nobody else's business when you then turn around and demand everyone pony up for what you did with your "reproductive rights".

I mean, if people are so up in arms about paying for the result of someone's reproductive right, then why AREN'T people more for abortions than people suddenly unable to work due to not being able to afford daycare, or other situations that might cause them to not work anymore and thus hit welfare? Or other reasons to collect government checks?

I agree, rights do come with personal responsibilities - so if the person's personal responsibility to prevent a child is to get anti-pregnancy drugs or some other form of preventative, but the state is denying that or making it difficult, then when someone DOES get pregnant, the responsible thing to do is up to that person, not for you, me or government to dictate what they should do.

You can have your different opinion, so can everyone, but when that opinion becomes forcing it onto others - which the Alt-Right really hates when it's done to them but bugger anyone else - that's when you cross the line.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Did you get all judgemental when the government bombed the shit out of Libya with your tax dollars? Do you get bent out of shape when the government spends billions of your tax dollars on foreign aid, $250 toilet seats or any number of bull shit expenses?
to be fair he was born bent out of shape.

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Within seconds of the sperm entering the egg, a unique set of DNA of a unique specific human being has been formed. It is not that of a horse, mouse, or any other species.

Some suggest that viability outside of the uterus should be the definition of when an abortion should be allowed.

Surely, no one agrees with killing a newborn baby, but babies are not viable for more than a year after birth.

It's a difficult subject with no satisfactory enforceable answers.

Therefore, I am anti-abortion, pro-choice.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Just wondering what this part means:
I mean, if people are so up in arms about paying for the result of someone's reproductive right, then why AREN'T people more for abortions than people suddenly unable to work due to not being able to afford daycare, or other situations that might cause them to not work anymore and thus hit welfare? Or other reasons to collect government checks?
I agree, rights do come with personal responsibilities - so if the person's personal responsibility to prevent a child is to get anti-pregnancy drugs or some other form of preventative, but the state is denying that or making it difficult, then when someone DOES get pregnant, the responsible thing to do is up to that person, not for you, me or government to dictate what they should do.
You can have your different opinion, so can everyone, but when that opinion becomes forcing it onto others - which the Alt-Right really hates when it's done to them but bugger anyone else - that's when you cross the line.
Um, nice try. Birth control is dirt cheap. Unless you're the poorest of the dirt poor, it's very affordable. The state also isn't denying or making access to birth control difficult either, that's just bullshit. Put it this way, if you can afford one Timmies coffee a day you can afford birth control. If you can't afford both then it's YOU that needs to rearrange your f*cking priorities (no pun intended), not society.

And to use a VERY popular non-sequitur of the ALT-left, it's 2019. Birth control isn't exactly a new concept.

You are also confusing two different arguments, one of which I'm not trying to make. Read what I'm saying very carefully. You can't force people to hold a financial interest in your behaviour while at the same time telling them it's none of their business. Well....apparently in ALT-left la-la-land you can. Ironically, the fact the public is expected to pay for oopsies means they are entitled to their opinion on publicly funded abortions. Rape and incest notwithstanding of course.

In fact, I find this in conjunction with the whole feminist movement to be rather hilarious. Women (at least some of them) want to be empowered and yet refuse to acknowledge that when it comes to consensual sex, the woman is in charge. She decides when or if it's going to happen. But instead we get, "Oooo we wanna be empowered but we don't wanna be bogged down by inconvenient concepts like personal responsibility." Gimmie a friggin' break.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Poor Stupid Cliffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My govt NEVER BOMBED LIBYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though some RCAF officers were involved in planning Yankee air raids on Daffy Gadafi the Libyan madman and terror supporter!!!!!!!!

So what are you REALLY TELLING us here Cliffy???????????????????????????

That we should leave Gadaffi and Hussein and Asad in power and happily butchering people as it suits them just because it is Yankees having most of the influence against the butchers????????????????????

Do you think Kurds and Syrians CARE that it was Yankee military that helped them destroy ISIS???????????????????

Just HOW TWISTED are your values anyway????????????????????

Can you see ANYTHING LOGICAL over your PILE of anti Yankee BULLSH+T????????????????????????

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Um, nice try. Birth control is dirt cheap. Unless you're the poorest of the dirt poor, it's very affordable. The state also isn't denying or making access to birth control difficult either, that's just bullshit. Put it this way, if you can afford one Timmies coffee a day you can afford birth control. If you can't afford both then it's YOU that needs to rearrange your f*cking priorities (no pun intended), not society.

Oh, so you're just talking Canada and not the US. Okay then yes, I actually agree with that. And choice of BC - whether IUD or pills or shots - it's expensive (relatively so) but as you said, priorities. If you're gonna 'do the deed', be protected. I've never had to take it, nor do I have an IUD so it's all not something I've got experience with. That said, the cost of women v men on the birth control/contraceptive stuff is just insane (and likely another topic?)

Totally different though in the US.

Anyway...

And to use a VERY popular non-sequitur of the ALT-left, it's 2019. Birth control isn't exactly a new concept.

Nope. Totally agree with that, too. Totally pisses me off when women can't take a ****in' pill or bother to move their behind's to get other forms of protection.

You are also confusing two different arguments, one of which I'm not trying to make. Read what I'm saying very carefully. You can't force people to hold a financial interest in your behaviour while at the same time telling them it's none of their business.

Hence why I asked what you meant by that statement. WHERE are people being held in financial interest about someones behavior vs. saying it's not their business?

Well....apparently in ALT-left la-la-land you can. Ironically, the fact the public is expected to pay for oopsies means they are entitled to their opinion on publicly funded abortions. Rape and incest notwithstanding of course.

Ah, yeah, Medicare covers abortion, so is that what you mean? You think the fact you pay into Medicare which covers everyone, gives you the right to also dictate who can and can't get an abortion for whatever reason?

Just clarifying.

Also, abortions for 'oopsies' all depends on what you mean, IMO. A first time 'oopsie' can happen unexpectedly. But if the woman is about to have her third abortion, then IMO it's chronic and woman needs an IUD or a shot or something. FYI, since Birth Control pills don't always work, making IUD's and shots cheaper - which now they are not and are not covered by Medicare (so abortion is cheaper than the IUD/shots) - might help keep more abortions from happening.

While pro-choice, I also feel that abortions are NOT an 'option of Birth Control'.

In fact, I find this in conjunction with the whole feminist movement to be rather hilarious. Women (at least some of them) want to be empowered and yet refuse to acknowledge that when it comes to consensual sex, the woman is in charge.

Hmn... I can see your point in this. But as you said, it's only 'some of them'. And it's only in some situations that a woman is in charge. The fact a woman may say no and it's STILL not taken seriously is still a thing. So women still aren't really in charge most of the time despite the 'empowerment' of trying to be.

She decides when or if it's going to happen.

So does the guy, and guys still love to put pressure on women to have sex until they give or it turns into an issue.

But instead we get, "Oooo we wanna be empowered but we don't wanna be bogged down by inconvenient concepts like personal responsibility." Gimmie a friggin' break.

That's an overly simplistic way to think of the entire situation, I think. Those 'inconvenient concepts' are just that, depending on what level you're talking about.

And what about the man's responsibility?

Where's the condom he should have on him?

The spermicide?

Or why can't HE just say "no" if there's no protection present?

What about the push for a shot or preventative for men? It's out there but it's still mostly in trial phases. It's only recently that male contraceptives have become a thing.

Why should the onus be all on the woman (because women were the only one with the prevention)?

Granted, if a woman is NOT on pills, the shot, or has an IUD, or she ****s up taking the pills, or whatever other reason she isn't sure it's safe to have sex then no, she shouldn't have sex if she doesn't want the chance of a baby. I'm not absolving a woman of the responsibility.

I also think accidents happen.

But in the end, as I said you can have your different opinion but when you try to force that opinion on others that's when you cross the line.

Abortion is not your business unless directly involved. You hate your money being used to cover 'oopsie' stuff, and so do I. In the end, it's not my choice. I would prefer that someone who, as mentioned, has a chronic 'oopsie' issue have something seriously considered since they can't contain themselves, but that also infringes on someone's rights.

It's just something we'll have to get over. I'd rather the instances of chronic abuse, still, vs someone who cannot get an abortion at all and the repercussions that come of THAT circumstance.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Perhaps we need to make a list of things that heathcare won't support, based entirely on my ideology. First, if a person injures themself during any recreational activity they will be banned from entering a Canadian hospital. The official language public healthcare staff must use is, "Oops, ya hedonistic dumb****! Shouldn't have done that, eh genius?" Its tough, but the "eh" is a nice Canadian touch.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Perhaps we need to make a list of things that heathcare won't support, based entirely on my ideology. First, if a person injures themself during any recreational activity they will be banned from entering a Canadian hospital. The official language public healthcare staff must use is, "Oops, ya hedonistic dumb****! Shouldn't have done that, eh genius?" Its tough, but the "eh" is a nice Canadian touch.
Makes as much sense as any of the other BS people propose as criteria.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Get a grown-up to explain it to you.

"therefore, i am anti-abortion, pro-choice"

No, you seem to think you're smart, you explain it.. otherwise my opinion stands.. he's a politician..

pro-choice is a women has a choice to have an abortion or not..

anti-abortion, you don't agree with abortion and think it shouldn't happen...

You can't really be both anti-abortion, pro-choice.

He sounds like a politician.. not wanting to take a firm stance ...

I don't believe in abortion, but it's the women's choice.. :lol:

Now T-Bones ya stubble jumping, t-pee creeping, sqaw humpper.. fukk off

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"therefore, i am anti-abortion, pro-choice"
No, you seem to think you smart you explain it..
pro-choice is a women has a choice to have an abortion or not..
anti-abortion, you don't agree with abortion and think it shouldn't happen...
You can't really be both anti-abortion, pro-choice.
He sounds like a politician.. not wanting to take a firm stance ...
I don't believe in abortion, but it's the women's choice.. :lol:

The important thing is to get yourself checked for windmill cancer, Boomster. Leave thinking to people who can do it.