A warning for the people of Earth

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A few years back I watched a local guy and my MP fight these types of laws.

Do you grow your own garden? Do you keep you own seed or buy yearly? Would you pay a hefty licensing fee? Are there are any garden clubs in your area that have developed landrace seeds?

If corn you've been growing at home for 20 years after selective breeding to mastery needed to be tested and certified at your expense because you might have some potential blight that could kill the geo engineered corn, would you go through the hassle of certification and all the expense even though you know that you corn is blight resistant and far superior?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If corn you've been growing at home for 20 years after selective breeding to mastery needed to be tested and certified at your expense because you might have some potential blight that could kill the geo engineered corn, would you go through the hassle of certification and all the expense even though you know that you corn is blight resistant and far superior?

I'm trying to understand the relevance of your question. As I've said, you obviously are misinformed about what the legislation does. Either that or you're one of those conspiracy nutters that believes in all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Those who subscribe to the fraud in the video could - actually should - encourage him and then follow the example: Take fewer breaths to save thw atmosphere and eat much, much, much less to save food for those for whom you pretend to speak.

Given the amount of fat people in North America, including your wife, I'd saying putting down the fork would be a good idea.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
How did Agriculture Begin? -

Humans can grow their own food..There is alot of food....

Developed Countries Have less Children..

.Population Will balance out..

.But

Just incase we are destin to over populate the Planet..We better Have a plan B....Go explore other Worlds/Planets..Inhabit them ...While we learn new ways to maintain our own ...

The test is to sustainably "Tap" into "The Energy" without blowing everything up ...

Live long and Prosper...

Everything is Energy and Informaton ...The rest is Recyclable Waste...

Out There from Over here...

Or

Whatever..

:)

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I had a few relatives from England come stay with me this past September.

One of the things they commented on is the amount of fat people in this country, they couldn't believe how many fat people their were.

I was over there two summers ago, tiny and thin for the most part.

They eat small meals, have small home and small cars.

........and party hard.

I'm trying to understand the relevance of your question. As I've said, you obviously are misinformed about what the legislation does. Either that or you're one of those conspiracy nutters that believes in all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff.

That will happen often with petros.

All over the map.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hear here...Avro..

--------------------------------------------------------

We'll be finding all the ways to live forever...Searching till the end of time...;)....

Forever Positively Forward into the Future..

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Comrades!

Before you can move a vegetable across state lines you have to grow (manufacture) it. Trade of goods doesn't have to be a sale of goods to be trade. Giving an unlabeled, uninspected, home manufactured food item as gift is still trade. If grandma gives you a jar of home preserved cranberries for Christmas it is still trade of a homemade, uninspected, unlabeled manufacture and processed food item that crossed a state line.

But the bill doesn't refer to homemade, uninspected, unlabeled foods.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Government control will mean squat when the parasite (humanity) reaches critical mass and the system self destructs.

At what point do the increasing population over come the arable land mass with habitat and recreational use? In BC we have gobbled up what little productive land we have with urban sprawl and golf courses. When the power went out for two days, the Overwaitea in Nakusp was stripped bare of all food within 24 hours.

The problem in North America is that we just don't feed, house and cloth our families. We are gluttons. Most third world families could feed themselves for a year on what we consume in a month. And we are not just food gluttons. Just about everything we do and consume is gluttonous. We require ten times more land to produce all that excess food. We live in massive houses with lots of space that never gets used and cost a fortune to heat and maintain. Many have more than one vehicle and all this opulence requires that both parents work full time to pay for it all.

I just don't see the Earth tolerating this kind of parasitic behaviour much longer.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The problem here is two fold

If you replace the global economy with the local economy then there will be a lot of wealth opportunities

Ever since paper money was introduced into society people have slowly lost the sense of the value of money.

What ever the price is they are expected to pay.

No bickering and haggling and they are almost looked at as a taboo by society while the retail chain stores over charge you but it’s OK for retail to bicker and haggle with the wholesalers.

People have to change their way of thinking from saving up for a major purchase to getting more for their hard earned money.

If the prices are high don’t buy it until later because the price always come down.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Given the amount of fat people in North America, including your wife, I'd saying putting down the fork would be a good idea.

I'll remember that comment for the next time you whine about somebody insulting you.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well Comrades, you can look around the globe and you'll find hundreds of fights going for the right to use your own seed which is crucial to the biodiversity of the planet and our own species.

If I'm off ****ing track just say so.

Where were you geniuses 3 weeks ago when I was deciding which winter wheat "brand" to buy and then pay a licensing fee and sworn promise I won't reuse the genes because keeping my own seed is risking the entire farm due to cross contamination.

The last bastion of garden vegetable diversity is the home grower. Packged seeds are hybrids that won't reproduce. But that's okay it's just a conspiracy that food is being taken control of.

And keep in mind you are heavily subsidizing all this...COMRADES

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well Comrades, you can look around the globe and you'll find hundreds of fights going for the right to use your own seed which is crucial to the biodiversity of the planet and our own species.

If I'm off ****ing track just say so.

You're off ****ing track

The biggest problem you have is that you keep citing a bill that pertains to the commercial production and export of food and claiming it relates to the back yard gardens. You are completely...utterly and hopelessly wrong.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You're off ****ing track

The biggest problem you have is that you keep citing a bill that pertains to the commercial production and export of food and claiming it relates to the back yard gardens. You are completely...utterly and hopelessly wrong.
Prove me wrong then. Have you? Can you?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I'll say it again....95% of the global population are subsistence farmers. That means it's from field to mouth and nothing goes to market.

Saying it again won't make it true...do the math. You think there's only 300 million people on earth who aren't farming the food they eat? That's laughably insane to even suggest. Europe and North America alone demolish this figure. Japan, China, India, lots of middle class folks there as well who buy their food from grocers.

That's the biggest whopper yet. We'll have to call you Burger King.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Landrace:

Several definitions of the term landrace have been used in botanical application.
"Landrace populations are often highly variable in appearance, but they are each identifiable morphologically and have a certain genetic integrity. Farmers usually give them local names. A landrace has particular properties or characteristics. Some are considered early maturing and some late. Each has a reputation for adaptation to particular soil types according to the traditional peasant soil classifications, e.g. heavy or light, warm or cold, dry or wet, strong or weak. They also may be classified according to expected usage; among cereals, different landraces are used for flour, for porridge, for 'bulgur', and for malt to make beer, etc. All components of the population are adapted to local climatic conditions, cultural practices, and disease and pests."[1] But most important, they are genetically diverse. They are balanced populations – variable, in equilibrium with both environment and pathogens and genetically dynamic’.[2]
The term "landrace" has additionally been defined as
"An autochthonous landrace is a variety with a high capacity to tolerate biotic and abiotic stress, resulting in a high yield stability and an intermediate yield level under a low input agricultural system."[3]
Saying it again won't make it true...do the math. You think there's only 300 million people on earth who aren't farming the food they eat? That's laughably insane to even suggest. Europe and North America alone demolish this figure. Japan, China, India, lots of middle class folks there as well who buy their food from grocers.

That's the biggest whopper yet. We'll have to call you Burger King.
You missed the correction. It's 95% of farmers are subsistence farmers but now thanks to world wide subsidies they are all state farms Comrade.

And I'll call you "Whistle Dog". or Dairy Queen.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Where does the chain of liable of a disease or blight outbreak begin and where does it end?

I'm not sure. Since I'm not fluent in "Petros", I'm not completely sure what "chain of liable" is. If you are suggesting that I could be liable if a disease from my garden attacks somebody else garden you are, yet again, wrong.