9 cities abolish Columbus Day in favor Indigenous Peoples’ Day

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"politically correct culture." - Dr. Ben Carson

Think he got it right.. just like the Queen Charlotte Islands and Seattle Redskins.

Everyone speaks of the atrocities done to the Native Indians, how about the Wagon Burners rapeing, pillaging, killing settlers.

Maybe that was their way of expressing to our ancestors that they should f**k off pronto! :) :)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Maybe that was their way of expressing to our ancestors that they should f**k off pronto! :) :)

Think about that for a minute...

You wouldn't be here, have the family you have, or your loved ones...

You willing to sacrifice what you have and your loved ones and change history? or are you pretty content with your life, home, family... in short the way things have played out so far.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

You willing to sacrifice what you have and your loved ones and change history? or are you pretty content with your life, home, family... in short the way things have played out so far.
Sounds like you're a fan of manifest destiny .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy grow a brain.. Indians attacked raped and killed each other and captured slaves..

You need an education, you have been brainwashed by CBC. Then again that's probably the only channel you get with the rabbit ears on your TV.

The warrior culture was very strong in all native peoples. In the Plains, which is where most people seem to visualize American Indians, the coming of the horse allowed the men to go out and hunt enough to feed their families for longer periods, than it was possible when they'd creep out among the herds in a buffalo hide, so they could kill them.

The horse also allowed them to travel to visit their enemies, steal horses, count coup, and earn honors, honors that would gain them prestige, and eventually brides.

Also some tribes fought with the Europeans against other tribes too.

Yeah, you know he'd be trippin, down to the neighbourhood sleeze bag motel with a 6 pack of Molson Canadian for pocahontas to give her a little poke that night.
And you read too much "white" BS history. Yes there was war among some tribes but there were advanced civilizations in the Americas when Europeans were still humping their sheep and slaughtering each other with broadswords. The Great Plains horse culture did not even exist before colonization. The Sioux, for example were agrarian (farmers to you) who were forced out onto the plains by colonization and westward migrations of other displaced tribes. BTW, I am well educated and I get my information from ethnographers, anthropologists and archaeologist, the Smithsonian, etc, not from old western Holiweird movies like you. And I don't boink anything the will stand still like you either. So take your ignorant azz and piss off.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
And you read too much "white" BS history. Yes there was war among some tribes but there were advanced civilizations in the Americas when Europeans were still humping their sheep and slaughtering each other with broadswords. The Great Plains horse culture did not even exist before colonization. The Sioux, for example were agrarian (farmers to you) who were forced out onto the plains by colonization and westward migrations of other displaced tribes. BTW, I am well educated and I get my information from ethnographers, anthropologists and archaeologist, the Smithsonian, etc, not from old western Holiweird movies like you. And I don't boink anything the will stand still like you either. So take your ignorant azz and piss off.

I actually watch the History Channel, the Smithsonian Channel and read books to get my knowledge on Native Indians. What's funny is you take everything I say at face value... it's the Internet dude, don't believe everything you read online, particularly a fukking forum.

I think you like blowing your own horn a little to much Cliffy, many people that are intellectually challenged, like to overcompensate and brag, just like you're doing..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8RiNRMPZjo

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

I'd sacrifice you for half a tuna sandwich.

But I don't mean that in a bad way. . .

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Everyone speaks of the atrocities done to the Native Indians, how about the Wagon Burners rapeing, pillaging, killing settlers.
That would be called "Karma Day". Christians might say that "so ye sow, so shall ye reap". Europeans abused natives so the natives bit back.

Well, you just proved why education is sorely lacking in today's society. You lived in Texas you say. That might explain your ignorance. Have a good day.
True dat.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Cliffy grow a brain.. Indians attacked raped and killed each other and captured slaves..
Some did, some didn't.

The warrior culture was very strong in all native peoples.
Nope.
In the Plains, which is where most people seem to visualize American Indians,
Most people believe the Hollywood drivel, yes.
the coming of the horse allowed the men to go out and hunt enough to feed their families for longer periods, than it was possible when they'd creep out among the herds in a buffalo hide, so they could kill them.
Yup.

The horse also allowed them to travel to visit their enemies, steal horses,
Some did, some didn't.
count coup,
That was of European origin.
and earn honors, honors that would gain them prestige, and eventually brides.
Yup.

Also some tribes fought with the Europeans against other tribes too.
Yup.

Your grasp of anthropology is pretty meager.

Oh, lookit that! A big, fat, glaring non-sequitur.

I actually watch the History Channel, the Smithsonian Channel and read books to get my knowledge on Native Indians. What's funny is you take everything I say at face value... it's the Internet dude, don't believe everything you read online, particularly a fukking forum.
So you're full of it. Just as I thought. Too many "Duke" movies.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Some did, some didn't.

Nope. Most people believe the Hollywood drivel, yes. Yup.

Some did, some didn't.That was of European origin. Yup.

Yup.

Your grasp of anthropology is pretty meager.

Oh, lookit that! A big, fat, glaring non-sequitur.

So you're full of it. Just as I thought. Too many "Duke" movies.

What, you have a sex change and turn into Cliffy, or you just fighting his battles ... Guess Cliffy needs a little lady to take up his fight..

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What, you have a sex change and turn into Cliffy, or you just fighting his battles ... Guess Cliffy needs a little lady to take up his fight..
Some fight. One of us hasn't a clue what he is talking about; you.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Some fight. One of us hasn't a clue what he is talking about; you.

Look, I could really care what happen in the 1800 to a bunch of pilgrims and wagon burners...

It's 2015 and people need to get over it.. however if you want to fight over a U.S. Holiday that doesn't affect Canada knock yourself out..

Oh and yes, the Native Indians just like the settlers did horrific things to each other... Killing the Buffalo to starve the savages, scalping did happen on both sides, torturing captives on both sides happened.

Maybe you want to claim that the Indians never did anything wrong... well, go ahead, you're just another ignorant over opinionated dumb bitch... Plenty of those in Canada.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I will tell you that during the period from about 1780 through to 1814, the Indians, specifically the Iroquois (mostly Mohawk) helped to defend the fledgeling colony in Upper Canada that turned into a big part of Canada. Their military expertise was considerable and they were about as important as the Redcoats in defending this place. Canada would not exist had it not been for the intervention of the Six Nations during that period and to forget it and instead spew forward someone else's propaganda and pass it off as history is a disgrace.