2SLGBTQQIA+

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fair enough

For the next one what? Room? Or do you mean that if a woman uses the hot water then it's cold again right away for the next person?
Option B. If somebody gets the water hot., it doesn’t immediately go cold for the next person, and the next person, etc…. it might go lukewarm, which turns to hot quickly, but not straight from hot to cold unless it is not used for an extended period.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Option B. If somebody gets the water hot., it doesn’t immediately go cold for the next person, and the next person, etc…. it might go lukewarm, which turns to hot quickly, but not straight from hot to cold unless it is not used for an extended period.
True. I'm sure how that would even be possible unless the entire line was exposed to cold temperature, which they would avoid.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Teen seeks apology after Sudbury school board cancels visit from drag performers

Mohamed says he was told twice by board representatives that they felt the event would be "hypersexual."

Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Published Feb 03, 2023 • 1 minute read

A 16-year-old student says he wants an apology from his northern Ontario school board after it cancelled a planned event featuring drag performers who are travelling to Canadian schools with the aim of supporting LGBTQ youth.

Ra’Jah Mohamed, who was helping to organize a local stop of the Courage Across Canada Tour, says the event was to be held at Lo-Ellen Park Secondary School, which he attends, but the Rainbow District School Board has cancelled it.

Mohamed, who is a member of the LGBTQ community, says he was told twice by board representatives that they felt the event would be “hypersexual.”

He says the event — featuring members of the television show “Canada’s Drag Race” — is designed for students and has been vetted by other school boards, and he says the cancellation perpetuates negative stereotypes of the drag community.

Kimora Amour, a drag performer who is part of the event, says the school board’s decision is disappointing and students deserve an apology.

The school board did not immediately respond to requests for comment but in a statement sent to local media this week it said it won’t participate in the event and will focus on existing workshops it has planned for LGBTQ youth.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You said

I gave you a way to update your knowledge. Sorry it's not a YouTube video.
The historian Marcel Trudel catalogued the existence of about 4,200 slaves in Canada between 1671 and 1834, the year slavery was abolished in the British Empire. About two-thirds of these were Native and one-third were Blacks. The use of slaves varied a great deal throughout the course of this period. You didn't realize that Canada didn't become a country until 1867 right?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The historian Marcel Trudel catalogued the existence of about 4,200 slaves in Canada between 1671 and 1834, the year slavery was abolished in the British Empire. About two-thirds of these were Native and one-third were Blacks. The use of slaves varied a great deal throughout the course of this period. You didn't realize that Canada didn't become a country until 1867 right?
Canada became a Dominion on 1867 & a Country in 1982 if I understand correctly. I could (& probably am) wrong though (The British Parliament passed the British North America Act in 1867. The Dominion of Canada was officially born on July 1, 1867. Until 1982, July 1 was celebrated as “Dominion Day” to commemorate the day that Canada became a self-governing Dominion).

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Canada became a Dominion on 1867 & a Country in 1982 if I understand correctly. I could (& probably am) wrong though (The British Parliament passed the British North America Act in 1867. The Dominion of Canada was officially born on July 1, 1867. Until 1982, July 1 was celebrated as “Dominion Day” to commemorate the day that Canada became a self-governing Dominion).
OK my bad - Dominion first, country second - got it LOL

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just realized that recently myself in all honesty. You are correct though in that pre-1867 Canada was neither a country or a dominion, but a British colony. Damn Brits & their slavery (that they abolished more than 30 years before Canada became Canada).The British Parliament passed the British North America Act in 1867. The Dominion of Canada was officially born on July 1, 1867. Until 1982, July 1 was celebrated as “Dominion Day” to commemorate the day that Canada became a self-governing Dominion.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
By my standards it still ain't one.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
"Jim Crow" laws were a series of laws passed by many states in the wake of the ending of slavery to systemically and frequently mandatorily enforce apartheid and discrimination against Black people. Other states passed laws discriminating against Hispanics, Asians, and Natives.

Don't know if you ever had the like, but y'all did have slavery. I imagine White Canadians didn't wake up the day after slavery ended and say to Black people "Come on in. Have a seat. Pie? Marry my daughter."
I know the natives here had slaves until whitey told them it was unkool. The Haida were well known for picking up more propulsion units for their canoes on their shopping trips south. Rather an unsurly lot, but I have worked where they come from so I understand how they feel. On the bright side, they probably created significant depth to the gene pool of small remote villiages.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know the natives here had slaves until whitey told them it was unkool. The Haida were well known for picking up more propulsion units for their canoes on their shopping trips south. Rather an unsurly lot, but I have worked where they come from so I understand how they feel. On the bright side, they probably created significant depth to the gene pool of small remote villiages.
Which was the sole objective of their raiding . The same reason mothers pushed daughters towards sailors in Polynesian society .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And Hitler killed six million Jews. Does that make it OK for you to kill six million Germans?

"Well, the savages made war too!" is the most mentally and morally retarded justification that ever fell out of a mouth.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And Hitler killed six million Jews. Does that make it OK for you to kill six million Germans?

"Well, the savages made war too!" is the most mentally and morally retarded justification that ever fell out of a mouth.

Forgetting that humans, as a fucking species, LOVES to make war on itself regardless of where they are.

Sometimes I wonder where this idea of "Natives were peace loving, noble Savages" came from, because I'm not sure it was the natives themselves...

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Forgetting that humans, as a fucking species, LOVES to make war on itself regardless of where they are.

Sometimes I wonder where this idea of "Natives were peace loving, noble Savages" came from, because I'm not sure it was the natives themselves...
A myth. Probably made up by some land speculator.