2SLGBTQQIA+

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I think most of them are doing it for the wrong reasons. Not because they give a shit, but because they think it looks good.
Of course. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than actually addressing any issues :)

Everyone knows it's a joke. Of course they ceded the land - we're walking on it, building on it, doing crap with it - sorry our land now. It's recognized that they should have some say but even the courts don't really recognize it as 'their' land.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I thought that was the Crow TB was blabbering about. It being the only Crow law I am aware of in Canada.
"Jim Crow" laws were a series of laws passed by many states in the wake of the ending of slavery to systemically and frequently mandatorily enforce apartheid and discrimination against Black people. Other states passed laws discriminating against Hispanics, Asians, and Natives.

Don't know if you ever had the like, but y'all did have slavery. I imagine White Canadians didn't wake up the day after slavery ended and say to Black people "Come on in. Have a seat. Pie? Marry my daughter."

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Usually the two go hand in hand, that's why. I'm sure you've NEVER been anti-gay though...
Nope, never have been anti-gay at all. Sorry sweetie, didn't happen. Trans is a completely different animal! There are only 2 genders & I stick by that. You can't change biology, no matter how badly you want to.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Don't know if you ever had the like,
We had a 'crow law' but as discussed it applied to western canada, not a race of people, Which is why it got a little confusing there
but y'all did have slavery.
Nope. W'all did not. Slavery was abolished in the british colonies long before Canada was a nation. The first nations used to have slavery back in the day but not after Canada became a nation. Sorry - swing and a miss there.
I imagine White Canadians didn't wake up the day after slavery ended and say to Black people "Come on in. Have a seat. Pie? Marry my daughter."
There was no need to wake up with it - we had it from day one. In fact one of the well known mayors on the island was black at the time of confederation and was well respected till his eventual death. There were lots of prominent black citizens and many escaped slaves from the us settled here.

Don't try to pin your shameful history on us. We have enough of our own already thank you :)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
See - this is what you're always like, You make a bad point, it's pointed out you made a bad point, then you go nuts and lie about what people said. THEN you'll go home claiming how unfair it is that people point out you're a liar.

And if someone Were to draw an inference it would be that women couldn't use urinals. And i think you'll find most women agree. But that wasn't my point.

I get that you feel threatned when someone makes a strong argument that doesn't go the way you like but can we at least do away with the lying? It's really childish.
Geesh, once in the Vancouver airport terminal, I accidentally went into the men's can & used a stall - not any different than in the ladies b/r. Now, using the urinals - well, I'm not a "circus performer" so it would be definitely a challenge LOL:ROFLMAO:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We had a 'crow law' but as discussed it applied to western canada, not a race of people, Which is why it got a little confusing there

Nope. W'all did not. Slavery was abolished in the british colonies long before Canada was a nation. The first nations used to have slavery back in the day but not after Canada became a nation. Sorry - swing and a miss there.

There was no need to wake up with it - we had it from day one. In fact one of the well known mayors on the island was black at the time of confederation and was well respected till his eventual death. There were lots of prominent black citizens and many escaped slaves from the us settled here.

Don't try to pin your shameful history on us. We have enough of our own already thank you :)
I'm sure only the kind and beneficial aspects of European culture survived Confederation.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
"Jim Crow" laws were a series of laws passed by many states in the wake of the ending of slavery to systemically and frequently mandatorily enforce apartheid and discrimination against Black people. Other states passed laws discriminating against Hispanics, Asians, and Natives.

Don't know if you ever had the like, but y'all did have slavery. I imagine White Canadians didn't wake up the day after slavery ended and say to Black people "Come on in. Have a seat. Pie? Marry my daughter."
You do know the "underground railway" led to Canada right? We really don't have a history of "slavery" (at least not to my knowledge) but we did do horrible things to the natives unless that's what you're referring to as "slavery" in Canada. Just wanted clarification.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Geesh, once in the Vancouver airport terminal, I accidentally went into the men's can & used a stall - not any different than in the ladies b/r. Now, using the urinals - well, I'm not a "circus performer" so it would be definitely a challenge LOL:ROFLMAO:
Plus, you might accidentally sit on a urinal puck. I can't see that ending well :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Updating yours - and getting sick of having to explain basic things to you so regularly. Maybe actually READ what you google,

"Between c. 1629 and 1834, there were more than 4,000 enslaved people of African descent in the British and French colonies that became Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and New Brunswick." (note - not that were those place - but would become them)

And

"In 1867, with the union of three British North American colonies through Confederation, Canada was formed"

Canada wasn't even a country during the time period your article mentions. It wouldn't be a country until about 3 decades later. And even long before then most of the areas which would eventually be part of Canada had banned the practice as we'll see below.

FURTHER -

Britain banned the institution of slavery in present-day Canada (and British colonies) in 1833, though the practice of slavery in Canada had effectively ended already early in the 19th century through local statutes and court decisions resulting from litigation on behalf of enslaved people seeking manumission.[2] The courts, to varying degrees, rendered slavery unenforceable in both Lower Canada and Nova Scotia. In Lower Canada, for example, after court decisions in the late 1790s, the "slave could not be compelled to serve longer than he would, and ... might leave his master at will."[3] Upper Canada passed the Act Against Slavery in 1793, one of the earliest anti-slavery acts in the world.[4]

SO - if the colonies who would eventually band together to become canada had already banned slavery, AND Britain had, BEFORE canada came into existance, why do lefites like to pretend there's ever been slavery in canada?

Because otherwise they can't claim that blacks are a 'historically marginalized' group here. So they include anything that happened BEFORE canada existed. But strangely get awefully quiet about the largest slave owning group in that region in history - the first nations.

But it is a lie. Canada never allowed slavery. Now kiddo - what have i told you about telling lies? Remember? If you have to lie to make a point then you don't have a good point.

There has never been slavery in Canada. it has always been against the law. It always will be against the law. Your pathetic attempt to try to lie and claim it was is just childish.

And i'm about done with your lying constantly every time an argument doesn't go your way. So knock it off.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I heard you the first time.
Then please respect that. Disagreement in debate is normal and the whole reason FOR debate, it gets people thinking and seeing things from a different perspective but dishonesty has no part to play in that. Canada has never allowed slaves, and even the geographical areas that would be canada had long since eliminted it before Canada came along.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Named after Crowsnest Pass .
exactly. It just shares an unfortunate name with the american 'jim crow'. Yet both actually were laws of segregation and discrimination in the end. No wonder crow's get a bad name :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Then please respect that. Disagreement in debate is normal and the whole reason FOR debate, it gets people thinking and seeing things from a different perspective but dishonesty has no part to play in that. Canada has never allowed slaves, and even the geographical areas that would be canada had long since eliminted it before Canada came along.
I wasn't debating you.