2SLGBTQQIA+

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Y'know, I've never heard a LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ person throw a conniption fit over how schools were "grooming" kids to be cishetero by exposing them to, say, Shakespeare.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You're assuming a school is.

They're not.
Good to know. I’ve told my story previously probably in this thread or others….& they all run together so I don’t remember which one & where.

My Son was being Bullied, this was 25yrs ago (& two years into this bullying, of both he and his cousin…my nephew…& many many other children). It was bad, & kids have their own institutionalized code of “Don’t be a rat & snitches get stitches, etc…” just like inmates do.
Maybe, or maybe such things already exist, where a school acts without a parent's say so immediately, in the best interest of the kid.
In this case the school knew full well what was going on, for years, & the intimidation techniques involved by this child that was two years older than my Nephew & three years older than my Son, years older and inches taller and pounds heavier than all the victims.

The School did what was in the best interests of the School, not the students, to make the least waves from the outside.
Again, happens a lot in real life. Happens to kids in school too. You never had one kid fuck up in your class and all of you get punished somehow for it? If not, you were lucky.
Fuck up like beating them up? Beat my Nephew with a boot in the boot room, etc…& the rest got punished with beat downs and shake downs? Like that kind of lucky?

One day my Son had had enough of being bullied….for years. And mid bully session he took down his bully and whaled on him, and had to be pulled off by a teacher and “Playground Supervisor”….& it was after that…that the school finally contacted me, to say that this had transpired and perhaps my Son needed Anger Management Counselling?

Two Freak’n YEARS of this before he took down and took out his bully that was three years older than him in Elementary School. The Teachers & other School Staff knew, & decided what was in THEIR bests interests as to what the parents like me should know. That was some kind of lucky.

I asked for a meeting with the school principal & this other child’s parents. What I got was a “supervised” meeting with the Principal & one police officer who wouldn’t talk, or sit, and made a point, indoors, to stand behind me the whole time, arms crossed, wearing those loser blacked out wrap-around sunglasses that some tiny penised fucktards thought where cool about 25 years ago. The ones that looked like the black letter “U”….remember them?

I was told that the parents of the bully didn’t think there was an issue and chose not to attend, and the police officer was for the school & principal’s benefit. That kind of lucky? Does my questioning the logic of keeping parents in the dark make more sense now?

I found this bully’s name and address, and had an off the record chat with this child’s father at their home and we came to an understanding. A real heart to heart. That’s the day the bullying stopped. The child needed to see that the father was now in the position to receive back everything that child would dish out to other children.

Within the year my Son grew into the largest Human in that School, including the staff, and the bully didn’t graduate until the end of that year and would’ve gone into Grade 9 as being in the youngest grade in his new school.

Forgive me for doubting a school’s intentions that they have a student or a parents best interests at heart, let alone having a policy to hide behind to justify keeping a parent in the dark. That’s where I’m coming from questioning the school system having an institutionalized policy to keep parents in the dark about their children.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Good to know. I’ve told my story previously probably in this thread or others….& they all run together so I don’t remember which one & where.

My Son was being Bullied, this was 25yrs ago (& two years into this bullying, of both he and his cousin…my nephew…& many many other children). It was bad, & kids have their own institutionalized code of “Don’t be a rat & snitches get stitches, etc…” just like inmates do.

In this case the school knew full well what was going on, for years, & the intimidation techniques involved by this child that was two years older than my Nephew & three years older than my Son, years older and inches taller and pounds heavier than all the victims.

The School did what was in the best interests of the School, not the students, to make the least waves from the outside.

Fuck up like beating them up? Beat my Nephew with a boot in the boot room, etc…& the rest got punished with beat downs and shake downs? Like that kind of lucky?

One day my Son had had enough of being bullied….for years. And mid bully session he took down his bully and whaled on him, and had to be pulled off by a teacher and “Playground Supervisor”….& it was after that…that the school finally contacted me, to say that this had transpired and perhaps my Son needed Anger Management Counselling?

Two Freak’n YEARS of this before he took down and took out his bully that was three years older than him in Elementary School. The Teachers & other School Staff knew, & decided what was in THEIR bests interests as to what the parents like me should know. That was some kind of lucky.

I asked for a meeting with the school principal & this other child’s parents. What I got was a “supervised” meeting with the Principal & one police officer who wouldn’t talk, or sit, and made a point, indoors, to stand behind me the whole time, arms crossed, wearing those loser blacked out wrap-around sunglasses that some tiny penised fucktards thought where cool about 25 years ago. The ones that looked like the black letter “U”….remember them?

I was told that the parents of the bully didn’t think there was an issue and chose not to attend, and the police officer was for the school & principal’s benefit. That kind of lucky? Does my questioning the logic of keeping parents in the dark make more sense now?

I found this bully’s name and address, and had an off the record chat with this child’s father at their home and we came to an understanding. A real heart to heart. That’s the day the bullying stopped. The child needed to see that the father was now in the position to receive back everything that child would dish out to other children.

Within the year my Son grew into the largest Human in that School, including the staff, and the bully didn’t graduate until the end of that year and would’ve gone into Grade 9 as being in the youngest grade in his new school.

Forgive me for doubting a school’s intentions that they have a student or a parents best interests at heart, let alone having a policy to hide behind to justify keeping a parent in the dark. That’s where I’m coming from questioning the school system having an institutionalized policy to keep parents in the dark about their children.

First off, I'm sorry your Son went through that. And it should never have gotten TO that point.

I know what it's like to be bullied too. I also know what it's like to NOT want your parents to know.

I'm not questioning your logic of keeping parents in the know. That ISN'T the issue, because there are parents like you out there who do give a shit, and do want to know what's going on with their kids, so they CAN help their kids with the situation.

That's not the point.

The point is to protect kids from PARENTS who - sure, on any other day might be pretty cool parents - but the second they find out that their kid is GLBTQIA+, they flip their shit and that kid now is at risk.

So what would YOU suggest, Ron? Teachers ignore the wishes of these kids, they tell the parents "Oh by the way, Jane is Jim now" and when that kid goes home and gets the shit kicked out of them? When they go home and get verbally abused? Kicked out of the house? Pushed to believe suicide is the best solution to the issue?

Is THAT the answer? Screw the GLBTQIA+ kids cause who gives a fuck about them? They're wrong anyway? Because THAT is what this all comes across as to those kids at risk. That their feelings, their concerns, their fears, do NOT matter in this at all, because "parents know best", even when they don't.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
First off, I'm sorry your Son went through that. And it should never have gotten TO that point.

I know what it's like to be bullied too. I also know what it's like to NOT want your parents to know.
It’s shitty, but that passed with a bit of “parental intervention” outside of the school system as the school wasn’t interested in resolving its own issue “in house” as it was, and that our boy hitting male puberty…not that that physically gives anyone a physical advantage in a combat sport like life, but….

….it made it really tough to sell $3/box mandatory chocolate almonds door to door in a few years at 6’5” & close to 260lbs.
I'm not questioning your logic of keeping parents in the know. That ISN'T the issue, because there are parents like you out there who do give a shit, and do want to know what's going on with their kids, so they CAN help their kids with the situation.
That HAS been the issue for me in this tangent of the debate on this topic. I’ve been pretty consistent from the beginning, but I approached it from the parental standpoint instead of the LGBTQ++etc…point.
That's not the point.
Has been for me. Probably for the other 80%-ish of Canadians is a survey from about a week or two back also. Sometimes two issues cross, like this situation, where you’re advocating for LGBTQ…etc…children’s rights, and I’m advocating for parents rights over school board policies, and though they intersect, they’re potentially two different things. We might have closer positions than you realize, but how to separate the two different crossing issues here?
The point is to protect kids from PARENTS who - sure, on any other day might be pretty cool parents - but the second they find out that their kid is GLBTQIA+, they flip their shit and that kid now is at risk.
Your position has been to protect all kids (in the camp that you defend) from their parents ‘cuz some of those parents might be shit parents….I get that. Even tried to point that out earlier on in an attempt to find a middle ground. I understand your position, but there’s two different things at play here.

I’ve had a different position, from a first hand experience, with school boards deciding what a parent does or doesn’t need to know about their own child, so I’ve come at this debate from that position…
So what would YOU suggest, Ron? Teachers ignore the wishes of these kids, they tell the parents "Oh by the way, Jane is Jim now" and when that kid goes home and gets the shit kicked out of them? When they go home and get verbally abused? Kicked out of the house?
Then that’s where a Social Safety Net comes into play. Police intervention (if they’re interested), social services, foster care where parents that give a shit can become the 2.0 parents for that child, etc… as opposed to preemptively deciding that some parents are bad, so ALL must be kept in the dark by policy, because that’s not the answer either.
Pushed to believe suicide is the best solution to the issue?
I hear this a lot. I’m not belittling it, but it’s becoming like a “kid that cried wolf” position from the outside looking in Serryah.

If there’s a realistic possibility that a child is going to commit suicide because they don’t get their way for the 1/3 of their day that they are at school, perhaps professional, help from a psychiatrist or sociologist, or some other “ologist” or “trist” is needed for that child instead of a teacher deciding that their needing to be that kids Buddy over being that kids teacher is the priority in this situation.
Is THAT the answer? Screw the GLBTQIA+ kids cause who gives a fuck about them? They're wrong anyway? Because THAT is what this all comes across as to those kids at risk. That their feelings, their concerns, their fears, do NOT matter in this at all, because "parents know best", even when they don't.
No, not “Screw the GLBTQIA+ (did you screw up the order here or did it change when I wasn’t paying attention?) kids” but involve the parents…& if “some” of those parents are fuck ups, then deal with those parents being fuck ups… as opposed to the blanket policy of assuming that all parents don’t give a shit, and all parents must be kept in the dark because some parents must be like Joe Dirt’s parents.

(If some of the parents are really that big of losers…. getting the kid out of that situation might be the best thing, & maybe they aren’t even in the Alphabet Camp, but using that as a tool to get the attention to get out of a shitty home life)

This is potentially a slippery slope here, and the justification for “Don’t tell the parents ‘cuz” in this situation as policy will inevitably be used for other situations….

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The point is to protect kids from PARENTS who - sure, on any other day might be pretty cool parents -
I wasn’t the “cool” parent, but I was the parent who knew when to be a parent & not my Sons buddy when the situation required it.

Sometimes that required diplomacy, and sometimes discipline, and sometimes just perspective on the scale, and sometimes violence on strangers when the system failed. I’m not advocating for that, but just pointing out that was reality.

From your position Serryah, I’m assuming your Father didn’t deal well with your fluidity or whatever, and for that I’m sorry you might have gone through what you did.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

OK. First off, I'm glad your son came out of it OK. Better than OK, he solved the problem on his own. Sounds like his school gave him one of the most important lessons of his life.

Second, sorry the cop was an asshole, but better get used to it. As long as the system rewards that kind of behavior, it will continue. As long as people bellow about "Backing the Blue," the Blue will continue to behave any damn way it pleases. And Lord Acton's line about "Power tends to corrupt" wouldn't have lived down through the ages without being an expression of a fundamental truth.

Third, systems protect themselves. That's a maxim of organizational behavior. Every organization, regardless of its reason for being, immediately takes on as its top priority the continuance of its existence and increase of its power. I gather, perhaps incorrectly, that you run a trucking company of some sort. Do your employees stick together? Against you sometimes? Have you occasionally concealed a fuck-up from the authorities for the sake of your company (and therefore yourself and your people)? This is fundamental human nature, from the Hill People vs. the Valley People to Corporations vs. the Government, Country vs. Country, and of course, within each of these organizations, countless petty factions vs. countless other petty factions.

Fourth, all of this is exacerbated by the tendency of all sides to regulate to the extreme case. It's a cheesy little game they play in any and all subjects. You take what you don't like and want to ban, find or invent the worst possible case of it, and scream that this is what will happen if it's allowed AT ALL. Abortion will lead to partial-birth abortion for birth control. Banning abortion will lead to mother and foetus dying. Smoking marijuana will inevitably lead to heroin addiction. Betting a couple of bucks on a hockey game will inevitably lead to losing your life savings, your house, your job, etc. Allowing gays to just live their damn lives will inevitably lead to the rape of small children. All of this horse shit is why the law is so shot-through with exceptions, justifications, excuses, and "affirmative defenses." A rule of "schools will keep everything they know confidential from parents" is as dangerous and stupid as a rule of "schools will tell every parent everything they find out." Makes for great internet back n' forth, hurling anecdotes at each other. Not so good for policies.

Here's the most important lesson your son learned from his experience. . . you're on your own. Each of is primarily responsible for their own welfare and happiness. I would point out that your whole experience with the school and the idiot with the badge was merely the sequel. The main story was already done.

You do what you can for your kids. Schools do what they can for your kids. And shit goes wrong. And rules create as many problems as they solve.

Welcome to life.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That HAS been the issue for me in this tangent of the debate on this topic. I’ve been pretty consistent from the beginning, but I approached it from the parental standpoint instead of the LGBTQ++etc…point.

Has been for me. Probably for the other 80%-ish of Canadians is a survey from about a week or two back also. Sometimes two issues cross, like this situation, where you’re advocating for LGBTQ…etc…children’s rights, and I’m advocating for parents rights over school board policies, and though they intersect, they’re potentially two different things. We might have closer positions than you realize, but how to separate the two different crossing issues here?

We probably do but as you said, how do we separate the two issues?

Your position has been to protect all kids (in the camp that you defend) from their parents ‘cuz some of those parents might be shit parents….I get that.

No.

My position has been to protect kids from the parents that ARE shitty parents. I recognize - and have said repeatedly - not all parents are crap parents. And usually they already know their kid is GLBTQIA+, which is why I also said those aren't the ones that need to be worried about.

Even tried to point that out earlier on in an attempt to find a middle ground. I understand your position, but there’s two different things at play here.

There's a lot of different things at play here.

I’ve had a different position, from a first hand experience, with school boards deciding what a parent does or doesn’t need to know about their own child, so I’ve come at this debate from that position…

I get that especially after what you've said about your son.

Then that’s where a Social Safety Net comes into play. Police intervention (if they’re interested), social services, foster care where parents that give a shit can become the 2.0 parents for that child, etc… as opposed to preemptively deciding that some parents are bad, so ALL must be kept in the dark by policy, because that’s not the answer either.

Okay.

So kid is trans. Does NOT want parents to know they are socially transitioning by using proper gender pronouns to their gender/new name. Asks teachers not to mention it to their parents because the kid knows from experience they will not take it well.

As things stand now - and what you suggest here - is that suddenly the cops get involved, therapists, psychologists, councilors, all suddenly get involved and push the kid to come out to the parents.

Do you honestly think any kid going through this is going to be okay after? They've learned that they can't really trust adults, that adults don't trust them and regardless of their wishes, they are still outed to their parents, under pressure of other adults.

I hear this a lot. I’m not belittling it, but it’s becoming like a “kid that cried wolf” position from the outside looking in Serryah.

Considering the stats, it's not the "kid that cried wolf", Ron, it's a fucking reality.

If there’s a realistic possibility that a child is going to commit suicide because they don’t get their way for the 1/3 of their day that they are at school,

Okay... right there, this convo is over.

And out of respect for you, I'm not going to give into the absolute anger/fury I am feeling right now and will just step away from this.

You will not, and I'm not sure you will ever, understand, and we'll just leave it at that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Since the soup is mainly just a form of autism, try treating the autism.

Studies vary widely on the percentage of people with autism who are gay, lesbian, or bisexual. One analysis suggested the rate is 15 to 35 percent among autistic people who do not have intellectual disability. 2

“Most of the data that we’re seeing is that [the LGB rate] is two to three times higher,” says clinical psychologist Eileen T. Crehan, Ph.D., an assistant professor at Tufts University. But larger studies need to be done before the true rate is known, she says.

Several studies also suggest that autistic men are more likely than autistic women to be heterosexual.3, 5 In a Dutch study, for example, only 57 percent of autistic women reported being straight compared to 82 percent of autistic men. The women were more likely to be attracted to both sexes, and also to neither sex.5

Research suggests that people who have an autism diagnosis or autism traits are more likely to be transgender than the general population. One study found the rate to be two to three times higher in people who have autism. Also, a larger percentage of autistic people reported their gender as being something other than strictly male or female, compared to other people. Examples of gender identities included in that study were bigender, genderqueer, and “other.” 3

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This (below) has NOTHING to do with LGBTQAnything, & everything to do with keeping parents in the dark about their children…& that’s without a policy in place to keep parents in the dark that can be co-opted for other purposes…
Police were told in November 2019 that a student had been sexually assaulted by an education assistant, who was quickly removed from the school without any attempt made to identify other potential victims.

The ombudsman’s report says it was the CBC story 19 months later that prompted the notification from the Education Department.

“The Department did an about-face and began sharing information about the sexualized abuse of a school student because the ... matter went public in the media and the department found itself unexpectedly having to react to the result,” the report says.

“If it were not for the media story, we are of the view that the department would likely have maintained its silence about the ... matter, thus perpetuating the unfairness of depriving the parents from taking any timely action concerning their children and also withholding information that, once released, directly led to two more disclosures of criminal behaviour.”

“We acknowledge that more (like inform the parents?) should have been done to inform parents and to support students and their families following the incident,” she says. “We are learning from our mistakes. We are implementing real changes to minimize the likelihood that incidents like these take place in the future.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This (below) has NOTHING to do with LGBTQAnything, & everything to do with keeping parents in the dark about their children…& that’s without a policy in place to keep parents in the dark that can be co-opted for other purposes…
Police were told in November 2019 that a student had been sexually assaulted by an education assistant, who was quickly removed from the school without any attempt made to identify other potential victims.

The ombudsman’s report says it was the CBC story 19 months later that prompted the notification from the Education Department.

“The Department did an about-face and began sharing information about the sexualized abuse of a school student because the ... matter went public in the media and the department found itself unexpectedly having to react to the result,” the report says.

“If it were not for the media story, we are of the view that the department would likely have maintained its silence about the ... matter, thus perpetuating the unfairness of depriving the parents from taking any timely action concerning their children and also withholding information that, once released, directly led to two more disclosures of criminal behaviour.”

“We acknowledge that more (like inform the parents?) should have been done to inform parents and to support students and their families following the incident,” she says. “We are learning from our mistakes. We are implementing real changes to minimize the likelihood that incidents like these take place in the future.”
This will be the end of schools if the attacks on parental rights continue.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Kayla Lemieux show cancelled; no longer at Oakville school
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Published Mar 01, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 3 minute read

It was, ironically, a picture of an Oakville teacher reportedly dressed as a man — not ones of the shop instructor clothed as a busty woman — that led to that person‘s departure from the classroom.

But it is now official that teacher Kayla Lemieux, known previously as Kerry Lemieux, is no longer teaching at Oakville Trafalgar High School.

“While not currently on an active assignment, the teacher remains employed with the HDSB (Halton District School Board),” said board spokesperson Heather Francey.

It was still a rare comment on a personnel matter from the board, which has said little these past seven months since Lemieux showed up in industrial arts class wearing a wig, lipstick, shorts and displaying Z-cup breasts with protruding nipples under a tight-fitting sweater.

It has been a circus ever since.

Recommended video
Bomb threats, protests, raucous school board meetings, photos of a skydiving adventure, photographs of unsafe practices near cutting machines, sitting next to a student who was vaping, and even a broken foot fitted into a plastic boot-cast fed the soap opera on this mysterious teacher.

The board has supported Lemieux throughout.

But the New York Post newspaper hired a Toronto photographer to work with their reporters to learn more about Kayla Lemieux, and spent a month doing research. While the Post’s team took pictures and video of Lemieux dressed as a woman, it also captured an image which the paper claimed showed Lemieux without breasts and dressed in men’s attire. That changed the game and resulted in Lemieux never being in class again.

While the teacher told The Toronto Sun the picture was “not me,” the Post stuck by it, insisting they knew the teacher’s routine, car, licence plate, apartment building, and neighbours.

Despite people in the building telling media the picture is a ringer of the male version of Lemieux, the teacher remained defiant.

“I can’t tell you who that is because I don’t want to bring anyone else into this,” Lemieux told the Post. “I don’t want that person being thrown all over the media, but it wasn’t me … this is who I am. This is how I look. You’ve been talking to people in my building, but what they’re telling you is harsh and untrue. I am always going out looking the way I am.”
You can’t hide Strap on EBay Z-Cups…
When asked if her appearance ever differed from the way she looked at the time, Lemieux told the Post, “I guess if I took my wig off or took my makeup off” but “I would still have breasts. You can’t hide them.”
Yep, that’s a pickle alright.
The teacher claimed a “rare” condition called “gigantomastia” and that “XX chromosomes” and “hormone sensitivity to estrogen” played a role in this “intersex”-born person growing extra-large breasts.
Except….maybe not.
The controversy generated by the Post story sent shockwaves through the school, the board and the offices of high-ranking officials in the Ontario Ministry of Education.

When challenged to provide a diagnosis to support the natural-grown breasts assertion, Lemieux said “the diagnosis is based on verbal discussions I have had with my doctor,” and “I never requested a note or letter of these findings.”

Unless any of Lemieux’s claims could be medically verified, sources said, there was no path for this teacher to return to the classroom.

While education officials, fellow staffers and law enforcement were doubtful on the authenticity claims, Lemieux was stubborn, telling me “I don’t think women, in general, have a formal diagnosis of their breast size,” and “now I am being asked to provide proof. I really don’t know how to help you with that.”
A she-said, they-said, he’s saying, etc…
It was a standoff. A she-said, they-said scenario.

This teacher was put on paid leave Tuesday when Education Minister Stephen Lecce, as well as Halton Region MPPs Natalie Pierre, Stephen Crawford, and Effie Triantafilopoulos all blasted the board for having “abdicated its responsibility by failing to put the interests and safety of students first.”

The board responded and while Lemieux is out of the school, “we continue to support the teacher in partnership with OSSTF (Ontario Secondary School Teacher’s Federation.)”

A big story for months, interest in the Lemieux affair is now flattening. This has quickly changed from a public safety issue to one of personal support for a teacher, who is now said to be receiving some.

Several parents who complained are now saying as long as the bomb threats stop, they are ready to move on.
So….that was somewhat interesting. My biggest issue was shop safety. Dangling lanyards. Loose hair around power tools.

Reactions: Taxslave2