2SLGBTQQIA+

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Apparently it means whatever the person who uses the word wants it to mean.

Regardless of truth.

The question still stands: are people against Drag also anti-woman, if women also *perform* in Drag and they're against all drag?
clear as mud.

I only asked because I don't know.

but I thought Shirley, or uh, Serryahly, you would know.

now the cloud thickens around me.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
clear as mud.

I only asked because I don't know.

but I thought Shirley, or uh, Serryahly, you would know.

now the cloud thickens around me.

Maybe look at the responses of people here and it'll clear the mud.

Much as I was only partly joking, I was also serious.

There's the actual meaning for Drag, and then there's the BS stuff the haters are coming out with.

I think there's more to your thickness than clouds... and not in a good way.

1686011326083.png

And you still haven't answered the question; but then no one has, so... guess that's a yes?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
well I can't define it either
I can. It's the excessively "sexy" female styles of the 50s and 60s, originally worn by men for performance purposes (largely to lampoon the excessive effort, makeup, and sequins), and to the best of my knowledge, nowadays referring to that style worn by anybody, performing or not. I've seen it called "drag" when it was simply for a costume party, and when it's worn by a female.

Presumably Ma and Pa Kettle are referring to male performers so attired, and possibly hating females who dress that way for whatever purpose, because hate is a masking emotion for fear, and therefore is irrational and tends to cast a broad net.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes I did. When will you accept it (disgust) as the emotion that it is instead of inciting the chicken shit "phobia" defense?

Disgust is one of the seven universal emotions and arises as a feeling of aversion towards something offensive. We can feel disgusted by something we perceive with our physical senses (sight, smell, touch, sound, taste), by the actions or appearances of people, and even by ideas.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I can. It's the excessively "sexy" female styles of the 50s and 60s, originally worn by men for performance purposes (largely to lampoon the excessive effort, makeup, and sequins), and to the best of my knowledge, nowadays referring to that style worn by anybody, performing or not. I've seen it called "drag" when it was simply for a costume party, and when it's worn by a female.

Presumably Ma and Pa Kettle are referring to male performers so attired, and possibly hating females who dress that way for whatever purpose, because hate is a masking emotion for fear, and therefore is irrational and tends to cast a broad net.

I wonder if that's why people are so insulted by Drag now suddenly; because they've gone "Woke" and don't think the excessive "Sexy female styles" of the 50's and 60's represents women, especially when lampooned? I mean they certainly thing non-drag Trans women are doing this...

Huh; maybe they *are* Woke.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The federal government will be providing $1.5 million to Pride organizations across the country for increased security measures at parades and other events this year, CTV News has learned.

The funding, to be announced by Minister of Women and Gender Equality and Youth Marci Ien later today, is being provided to Fierté Canada Pride to distribute to local event organizers who apply for assistance.
Among the measures the organization said are costing more for the 2023 Pride season: security and police services, volunteer training, insurance premiums, and emergency planning materials.

This funding will go towards expenses related to:

Vehicle and crowd control;

Barricades and fencing;

Municipal emergency service costs;

Paid-duty police or private security;

Training for staff and volunteers; and

Safety gear such as high-visibility vests and radios.

This one-time emergency funding allocation will be coming from an equality-focused program within Ien's department, and fits into the federal government's LGBTQ2S+ "Action Plan" unveiled last August.

In just the last few months, protests at drag brunches and drag story-time events across Canada have resulted in clashes between participants and protesters, some requiring police intervention, while other events have had to be cancelled or postponed due to security concerns sparked by violent threats.
The protesters will be the ones under scrutiny by the cops even tho' the trans people are the violent ones. People SHOULD protest because they're coming for our kids & want to destroy any resemblance of humanity in each & every one of them. Brainwashing is on the rise & needs to stop. Parents are the only ones to be able to do it by going to school board meetings & insisting that this garbage be stopped at the very least in elementary schools. This is total garbage that they're spewing & we should NOT COMPLY because they think men can be women & vice versa. Its a scientific fact they can't no matter what they say.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The protesters will be the ones under scrutiny by the cops even tho' the trans people are the violent ones. People SHOULD protest because they're coming for our kids & want to destroy any resemblance of humanity in each & every one of them. Brainwashing is on the rise & needs to stop. Parents are the only ones to be able to do it by going to school board meetings & insisting that this garbage be stopped at the very least in elementary schools. This is total garbage that they're spewing & we should NOT COMPLY because they think men can be women & vice versa. Its a scientific fact they can't no matter what they say.
If they can do all that for a million and a half bucks ($3.72 US), y'all should put 'em in Parliament!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Depends on who you ask. Just seeing the words can instan-change a kid.

Man, if it was really that easy, there'd be so many more GLBTQIA+ kids/people...
Like it were a fad or something? Live, die, whatever....ea one is worth $1.2M with zero liability to the organ grinders.

Reactions: 55Mercury

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Depends on who you ask. Just seeing the words can instan-change a kid.

Man, if it was really that easy, there'd be so many more GLBTQIA+ kids/people...
Yes, they've really risen in the past few years. They were around but not "in your face" but that's changed dramatically & all of a sudden we have a massive amount of children who are claiming to be trans. How come it's so prevalent now & never before? I can answer that - They're being groomed & taught that you can be whatever "gender/sex" you want to be. Hell, you can be a cat if you want. It's all about "feelings" don't 'cha know.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
this is getting ridiculous

so...

maybe this can change 'em back! lol

View attachment 18404
Apparently not. You don't see LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ people pissing and moaning about all the thousands of movies, TV programmes, advertising, magazines, books, and other media that contstantly depict heterosexuality.

But apparently in Floriduh, one mention of "gay" in a classroom and all the kids'll suddenly start loving show tunes.

Reactions: Serryah