Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, ‘cuz that’s so relevant to Canadians needs at this point. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will face mounting pressure from his caucus this week to step down from the leadership of the Liberal party.

A group of backbench MPs, primarily from Atlantic Canada and southwestern Ontario, are in discussions to formally release an ask for the prime minister to consider the future of the Liberal party in making a decision about whether to stay at the helm of it.

Though MPs for months have lamented behind closed doors, and yes even to reporters, that they were resigned in their belief the prime minister was staying on, things changed this week during caucus Wednesday.
The prime minister has been in Laos for most of the week, attending the ASEAN summit. The plane he is travelling in landed in Honolulu Friday evening for a refuelling.

The prime minister and his staff learned of these reports as they landed. About twenty minutes later, Trade Minister Mary Ng spoke to reporters travelling with the prime minister.

“I'm disappointed,” she said. “Because Canadians expect us to be focusing on Canadians and doing this work.”
Ng insisted the prime minister has her support.
“I have full confidence in Justin Trudeau as my leader.”
What is afoot — what the PMO also doesn’t want to leak out — is that there are several discussions within caucus about pressuring Trudeau to step down.
1728713887579.jpeg
Could this movement lead to something different? Will Trudeau prorogue Parliament to save his and his government's future? Or will he face the growing calls for him to go from an increasingly dissatisfied caucus? As PMO ponders how to mute the mutiny before it begins, MPs are left to wonder how long the prime minister can really hang on.