Hamas attacks Israel

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The whole world would be a better place if people gave up God and religion, stopped worrying about dying, and focused on living.
We only get one shot. Countered by, let's base our actions on what men wrote thousands of years ago on some scrolls.
Science. Get some.

Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The whole world would be a better place if people gave up God and religion, stopped worrying about dying, and focused on living.
We only get one shot. Countered by, let's base our actions on what men wrote thousands of years ago on some scrolls.
Science. Get some.
Wouldn't matter. Actually, what most of those old scrolls say is pretty good. Amounts to "Love the Big Sky Daddy, love each other, and show it by your actions."

Works for me.

Science is neutral, It has enormous power to save. Or to kill. Percussion on volatile substances causes explosion, which generates heat and shock that causes a larger explosion in a larger amount of less-volatile substance. In a confined space, this causes rapidly expanding gasses. If one end of the space is open, blocked by a movable object, that object will be expelled at high speed. That's science.

Whom it's pointed at is politics.

Reactions: Serryah

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Wouldn't matter. Actually, what most of those old scrolls say is pretty good. Amounts to "Love the Big Sky Daddy, love each other, and show it by your actions."

Works for me.

Science is neutral, It has enormous power to save. Or to kill. Percussion on volatile substances causes explosion, which generates heat and shock that causes a larger explosion in a larger amount of less-volatile substance. In a confined space, this causes rapidly expanding gasses. If one end of the space is open, blocked by a movable object, that object will be expelled at high speed. That's science.

Whom it's pointed at is politics.
Sorry, mid-coffee philosophy dump.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Science. Get some.
The world be a shit show without God. What do the actions written on the scrolls say? Don't be a fucking savage loser control and respect yourself, and don't harm others.

Science.....it wouldn't exist without Catholics or God. Science, physics, mathematics and religion go hand in hand. Without the Vatican storing and spreading Science through Universities would never happen. The knowledge would be hoarded and never disseminated to the public

Your one of those "there is no God because shitty things happen" types. Yeah they do. Mother nature is a viscious cunt and tries to kill you all day every day as do the morally bankrupt who don't follow a Religion

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The big gap between the two sides appears to be over what would follow any agreed truce. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed not to pull troops out until "total victory", which he defines as eradicating Hamas.

Hamas says it will not sign up to any temporary truce unless Israel commits to a withdrawal and permanent end to the war, that Hamas started, Oct 7th 2023. Such a long pause would be a first since Oct. 7, when Hamas fighters attacked Israel, killing 1,200 people and capturing 253 hostages, precipitating an Israeli offensive that has laid waste to much of Gaza.

Qatari and Egyptian mediators presented Hamas this week with the first concrete proposal for an extended halt to fighting in Gaza, agreed with Israel and the United States at talks in Paris last week. Hamas has said it is studying the text and preparing a response.

"I expect that Hamas will not reject the paper, but it might not give a decisive agreement either," said the Palestinian official speaking on condition of anonymity.
They'll likely not agree because their whole reason for being is to destroy Israel so nothing will convince them to settle otherwise. They've been quite clear about it. Under Arafat, Israel negotiated pretty much everything he wanted & he STILL turned it down. So IF they accept whatever is negotiated, I would take it with a grain of salt because there'll be something under foot & I wouldn't trust them at all. They hate for hates sake.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The world be a shit show without God. What do the actions written on the scrolls say? Don't be a fucking savage loser control and respect yourself, and don't harm others.
The world is already a shit how. Without God, I might add..
Science.....it wouldn't exist without Catholics or God. Science, physics, mathematics and religion go hand in hand. Without the Vatican storing and spreading Science through Universities would never happen. The knowledge would be hoarded and never disseminated to the public
Interesting point.

Your one of those "there is no God because shitty things happen" types. Yeah they do. Mother nature is a viscious cunt and tries to kill you all day every day as do the morally bankrupt who don't follow a Religion

No, actually I'm not. I'm one of those guys who was raised catholic and believed for a long time until it just sounded ludicrous. BTW, I hardly find myself morally bankrupt, nor do the other people who count on me.

Lastly, everyone killing each other is claiming some moral high ground, and most are invoking the name of their brand of God.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. It says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of accepting all three of these concepts simultaneously, I have a great deal for you. Send cash only, and in small bills."
--Robert A Heinlein

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No, actually I'm not. I'm one of those guys who was raised catholic and believed for a long time until it just sounded ludicrous. BTW, I hardly find myself morally bankrupt, nor do the other people who count on me.

Lastly, everyone killing each other is claiming some moral high ground, and most are invoking the name of their brand of God.
You just contradicted yourself.

Killing is fine and dandy. Murder on the other hand, not so much. Even in war you are allowed to kill but dont you dare murder or your own team will kill you or toss you in the klink.

How did that come to be? Some English proto-Leftist changed the Commandment from from "Thou shalt not murder" to "thou Shalt not kill".

Correct me if I'm wrong you're around 55?
Probably it was around 15 when you bailed?

Your 40 years of wandering the desert should be done by now. Go get your milk and honey. It'll help you get rid of the bad taste human nature leaves in your mouth.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. It says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of accepting all three of these concepts simultaneously, I have a great deal for you. Send cash only, and in small bills."
--Robert A Heinlein
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use - Galileo Figuro Magnifico

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The world is already a shit how. Without God, I might add..

Interesting point.

Food for thought...

Do the faithful ridicule you the same way you ridicule them?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where is Palestine? Does that mean Gaza (?) or the West Bank (?) or Elsewhere (?) like Israel that the Palestinians claim as Palestine?
I am a Palestinian, from 1921 to 1948, I carried a Palestinian passport. There was no such thing in this area as Jews, and Arabs, and Palestinians, There were Jews and Arabs. - Golda Meir

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Food for thought...

Do the faithful ridicule you the same way you ridicule them?
Much of my family remains Catholic, with all that bred in Irish-Catholic guilt, probably. LOL
But I'm sure they're praying for me too.

I ridicule the Catholic church because they threw my mom out of the church after she divorced the man who used to beat her and us and abducted her at gunpoint with the intent to kill her and my future stepfather. Us was me and my older brother. IN 1968, our other brother fell through the ice and drown, he was seven years old. My older brother had to walk home and tell my mom that our brother was gone. When the priest arrived, he told my brother to stop his crying, to be a man and push it down. Not verbatim, but pretty close. By now, you're thinking RCS has a grudge, but to be honest, I never abandoned the religion until after my mother died, and even then, it was gradual. I moved to BC after my father went up the river for armed robbery, kidnapping, and a bunch of other offenses. My mom divorced my father, married my stepfather and we carried on. In the town I lived in, there were two classes of people, Christians and Sinners. Many of the descent jobs were available to the born-again type. You know the type, I'm talking about? "Do as I say, not as I do." "Let me cast the first stone." The hypocrisy I saw in that community still didn't turn me off of God or wanting to believe. For me, there came a point that I looked at organized religion, looked at the politics, and its history, and that was enough for me. That was about six years ago.

Petros, you are free to worship whatever religion you see fit, I cast no judgment your way or at anyone else. When someone criticizes someone's faith, it feels personal, and I apologize for overlooking that. To clarify, I am not talking about people of faith, as much as I am about political structure within organized religion that is often corrupted.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My Girlfriend could hear me listening to the above video and asked, “Is that the guy with the bad shelves?” Not is that the guy with the beard or is that Beau? Guess it’s not just me. 😉