“Wokeness” in Canada and elsewhere…

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You're the one that brought up the issue being about trans people. Don't know how you expect it to be looked at as anything else, Ron. If you didn't think it was about trans people, then why did you bring it up?
I brought it up as that seemed to be the spin of the story. Wouldn’t mention the word “Woman” or even “Bathroom” on this topic. Seriously.
And the comment still stands: IF you were blaming JT, you'd be jumping on the blame JT for everything because that's the "cool" thing to do, or something, regardless of it being a good or bad thing.
I guess I was ahead of the curve blaming JT for the things he’d done long before he was PM, but didn’t in this case. Sorry. I’m sure I will about something soon though. I’m flattered that you think I was hip before it was cool.

I was pointing out JT’s attendance record in Parliament long before he was leader of the Liberals. Didn’t blame for anything here this time, & don’t even see it as a missed opportunity.
"Anyway, I was thinking of ease of implementation and cost-effectiveness"

You said that, and I replied with getting rid of all washrooms. Problem - the cost-effectiveness of putting these things in bathrooms - solved.

No one would have to worry about it.
OK.
So semantics: okay then yes, you're right, it won't be "Free" because someone will have to pay for it.
Who will have to pay for it? In a stand alone Federally regulated entity, the employer would have to pay for these “Free” items.

What about in a rental situation where 25% of the occupying businesses are federally regulated and the other 75% aren’t, but there’s two washrooms (sorry, toilet rooms) on each floor…? And all 20 businesses and for some of them their clients using all the washrooms???

Who would be responsible for that cost? Apparently it’s not going to be the guy that owns the building and collects the rent.
Aside from the semantics... they will be free to the people who use them. Does that make it better?
All semantics aside, someone has to pony up for FREE stuff. It’s not like it’ll be coming out of some publicly funded pool, contributed into by all of taxpaying society.
No, but I was being sarcastic to your comment about 'cost effectiveness'.
I was being completely serious about this being being a “check the box” for a tax deduction/rebate thing as opposed to what I expected to (& did) see as a response to this legislation today though. Seemed like a simple realistic solution to creating the bureaucracy to creating Tampon Police to enforce this (ok, that last bit was sarcasm on my part).
On that I have to agree with you; even in the hospital I work at there's nothing about it mentioned and I can't wait to see on the weekend if there's anything set up. Likely there won't be.
Did you create an awareness in your workplace like I did with our landlord at work?
1702522520714.jpeg
1702522541278.jpeg
I planted the seed. It didn’t take, but I threw it out there ‘cuz I’d done my homework, knew the employees where to be consulted, and was prepared to offer that the “Tampex Pearl” are the shit! & there won’t be any ‘applicator free OB Nonsense’ for this guy!! Shizzle my Nizzle.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I love nuclear power! Properly designed and operated, it's the best, safest, most eco-friendly energy source. Even poorly designed and operated, ain't likely to hurt anybody but Canadians.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I love nuclear power! Properly designed and operated, it's the best, safest, most eco-friendly energy source. Even poorly designed and operated, ain't likely to hurt anybody but Canadians.

Our provincial Nuke station has been offline more than on, and is now shit worthless.

Of course, our PC idiots in charge - who are acting more and more like fucking American Republicans - think the mini-nuke reactors for power are a GREAT idea.

If we can't deal with the ONE larger station, how the fuck does anyone expect smaller ones to be 'better'?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What green affordable environmentally friendly alternative do you propose that can be introduced nationally?
Our provincial Nuke station has been offline more than on, and is now shit worthless.
What’s the back-up power generation out there for when the Nuke station is offline more than on?
Of course, our PC idiots in charge - who are acting more and more like fucking American Republicans - think the mini-nuke reactors for power are a GREAT idea.

If we can't deal with the ONE larger station, how the fuck does anyone expect smaller ones to be 'better'?
Good question. What is the answer?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What green affordable environmentally friendly alternative do you propose that can be introduced nationally?

What’s the back-up power generation out there for when the Nuke station is offline more than on?

Basically, we're diverse AF, and we also import from Quebec (of course).

Good question. What is the answer?

Not go nuclear, for one. Focus more on other areas. But of course to some idiots that means Fracking - which is fucking horrible for any region.

Truthfully I wouldn't mind nat gas as much - though I don't use it myself - and considering in the area I'm in, wind power is reliable as fuck but the Enviroidiots freak out any time turbines are mentioned, despite just across the border there's a small "farm" of them to help supply Amherst, NS with power, as well as some solar panels done in the last couple of years.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
. But of course to some idiots that means Fracking - which is fucking horrible for any region.

Truthfully I wouldn't mind nat gas as much -
Bring me back a clubhouse with the soup for the side cuz holy shit are you ever out to fucking lunch.

Last edited:

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I live not far from the Bruce Nuclear Station (3rd largest in the world). The idiot Wynne liberal government decided we need all these wind turbines up here. too. Most of them don't run half the time because they just aren't needed.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Truthfully I wouldn't mind nat gas as much - though I don't use it myself - and considering in the area I'm in, wind power is reliable as fuck but the Enviroidiots freak out any time turbines are mentioned, despite just across the border there's a small "farm" of them to help supply Amherst, NS with power, as well as some solar panels done in the last couple of years.
I’m in landlocked Saskatchewan, beside landlocked Alberta. We mine uranium but have no nuclear power.

We have Coal & Oil & Natural Gas. Hydro Electricity beyond what we’re already doing isn’t much of an option. We have space & wind for wind turbines…but we know how successful and cost efficient they are. I see them idle more than not due to too much or too little wind, etc…

Tidal generation isn’t an option, and solar panels are a thing that exist but their effective and cost effective lifespans are still a thing that’s coming in my opinion. The two large ones (Solar) that I know about have both been smashed by wind or hail storms.

Saskatchewan is located in the centre of the continent - far from any moderating oceanic influences. As a result the temperature is primarily determined by the heat energy radiating from the sun. In addition, a variety of air masses and wind regimes bring with it diverse weather experiences. Temperatures can range from -40°C in the dead of a northern winter to +35°C during summer in the southern regions.

What’s our answer?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Woke people get slang phased out in favour of hydrocarbons.

For the first time at the United Nations Climate Change Conference, nearly 200 countries agreed that it was time to take a step away from fossil fuels.

It’s news that comes as a promising sign for youth in Alberta.

“I think it can serve as a little bit of a wake-up call for Alberta. There’s words and then there’s action, but it feels that there will be more action from this, possibly,” said Edmonton Youth for Climate member Andrew Hardy.
Fossil fuels aren't real. It's slang used by morans.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’m in landlocked Saskatchewan, beside landlocked Alberta. We mine uranium but have no nuclear power.

We have Coal & Oil & Natural Gas. Hydro Electricity beyond what we’re already doing isn’t much of an option. We have space & wind for wind turbines…but we know how successful and cost efficient they are. I see them idle more than not due to too much or too little wind, etc…

Tidal generation isn’t an option, and solar panels are a thing that exist but their effective and cost effective lifespans are still a thing that’s coming in my opinion. The two large ones (Solar) that I know about have both been smashed by wind or hail storms.

Saskatchewan is located in the centre of the continent - far from any moderating oceanic influences. As a result the temperature is primarily determined by the heat energy radiating from the sun. In addition, a variety of air masses and wind regimes bring with it diverse weather experiences. Temperatures can range from -40°C in the dead of a northern winter to +35°C during summer in the southern regions.

What’s our answer?
What do we do about the fracked NG?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Being geologically stable (relatively speaking), carbon sequestration. I’m asking about power generation though unless I’m going in the wrong direction here?
No no. I was just making fun of wackadoodle who hates fracking but doesn't realize it’s how the NG she thinks is fine gets extracted.

The best way to reduce emissions and generation is use less energy. I don't see anyone taking the less is more route. Did you hear anything from COP28 about consumption reductions?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
No no. I was just making fun of wackadoodle who hates fracking but doesn't realize it’s how the NG she thinks is fine gets extracted.

The best way to reduce emissions and generation is use less energy. I don't see anyone taking the less is more route. Did you hear anything from COP28 about consumption reductions?
2024 is projected to have a new record high in the use of petroleum products

Last edited: