April Fools!! Here's your Carbon Tax F#ckers!!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Cry me a river I spent $800.00 for gas since Monday . Vancouver Terrace return .
That’s my personal commuter, and not our fleet of trucks delivering RVs from northwest Indiana dealerships across Western Canada which for September was a fill shy of 38,000 litres…so I have empathy.

I was bragging a bit above instead of crying…. as that’s in a pick up truck (midsize mind you, with a V8 & only a 70L tank). I am weighing mileage against oil starvation…it’s a thin line.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That’s my personal commuter, and not our fleet of trucks delivering RVs from northwest Indiana dealerships across Western Canada which for September was a fill shy of 38,000 litres…so I have empathy.

I was bragging a bit above instead of crying…. as that’s in a pick up truck (midsize mind you, with a V8 & only a 70L tank). I am weighing mileage against oil starvation…it’s a thin line.
At least you have a short commute . My mileage is a write off mind you .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A party official, speaking on background, said that the Conservatives plan on running similar ads in other parts of the country but chose Newfoundland first because the province’s Liberal premier has spoken out against the carbon tax increase.

In September, Premier Andrew Furey wrote to the federal government warning that increasing the carbon tax, it’s slated to increase on April 1, “would have a severely negative impact on people in our province.”

Furey noted the price of home heating oil in his province has risen by nearly 60% over the last year, and increasing the carbon tax will add further pressure on seniors and low-income families simply trying to heat their home.

“An increase in heating costs of 60% in one year already imposes significant economic hardship and stress on these residents,” Furey wrote.

Telling Trudeau that “your government has a responsibility too,” Singh’s letter calls for removing GST (but no mention of the carbon tax on this tax?) from home heating bills and mental health counselling, reforming EI, and making it easier to punish corporations for price fixing.

Addressing a Senate committee last Thursday, former Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney endorsed the Liberal government’s “fiscal discipline” — in other words, its avoidance of policies that would dump cash into Canadian’s pockets and undermine the central bank’s attempts to slow spending. Carney also described a recession in Canada as “probable.”

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here comes the “other” carbon tax on top of the first carbon tax:

A new clean fuel standard set by the Canadian government could take a bite out of people’s wallets, a gas analyst said Tuesday.

Dan McTeague, the president of the Canadians for Affordable Energy, told Gormley the standard could cost $1,277 a year per year per person which, compounded by the current cost of living, isn’t affordable for many.

McTeague said the standard is a second measure — after the carbon tax — applied by the government to reduce emissions from liquid fuels like diesel and gasoline.

McTeague said implementing the standard is designed for price efficiency, and many economists he knows explain it is not feasible to layer regulations.

“We have to have policies based on reality, not based on aspirations and wonderful things that have happened in a near term,” said McTeague.

McTeague said a second carbon tax is something he has not seen any other country is attempt, and could become very expensive for taxpayers.

“We are now going to burden Canadians for what is an intolerable price to pay,” said McTeague. “At the end of the day, I’m not sure that we can have our combines, mining vehicles and our transport infrastructure including rail all done on hydrogen and battery, certainly not by 2030.”

With the price of gas creeping up, McTeague said it could cost an extra 60 cents a litre for automotive gasoline by 2030. McTeague said there has not been a dramatic decrease in carbon emissions with the carbon tax, and he doesn’t expect to see a decrease in carbon emissions through the clean fuel standard.

• Angry
Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Here comes the “other” carbon tax on top of the first carbon tax:

A new clean fuel standard set by the Canadian government could take a bite out of people’s wallets, a gas analyst said Tuesday.

Dan McTeague, the president of the Canadians for Affordable Energy, told Gormley the standard could cost $1,277 a year per year per person which, compounded by the current cost of living, isn’t affordable for many.

McTeague said the standard is a second measure — after the carbon tax — applied by the government to reduce emissions from liquid fuels like diesel and gasoline.

McTeague said implementing the standard is designed for price efficiency, and many economists he knows explain it is not feasible to layer regulations.

“We have to have policies based on reality, not based on aspirations and wonderful things that have happened in a near term,” said McTeague.

McTeague said a second carbon tax is something he has not seen any other country is attempt, and could become very expensive for taxpayers.

“We are now going to burden Canadians for what is an intolerable price to pay,” said McTeague. “At the end of the day, I’m not sure that we can have our combines, mining vehicles and our transport infrastructure including rail all done on hydrogen and battery, certainly not by 2030.”

With the price of gas creeping up, McTeague said it could cost an extra 60 cents a litre for automotive gasoline by 2030. McTeague said there has not been a dramatic decrease in carbon emissions with the carbon tax, and he doesn’t expect to see a decrease in carbon emissions through the clean fuel standard.
Trudeau should be required to pay the carbon taxes on his daily flights .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Trudeau should be required to pay the carbon taxes on his daily flights .
And in other news, the liberals voted today to give themselves a 50 dollar-per-tonne pay increase at the taxpayer's expense.... :)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Winter is coming and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax is punishing Canadians for heating their homes.

• Angry

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Winter is coming and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax is punishing Canadians for heating their homes.
I heat my home with clean green hydro power , but I expect to pay more for it . Because .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Fully electric heating with hydro electric power. Where in Canada do you reside?
Lower mainland . Actually my main floor is natural gas , downstairs and upstairs are electric .we really mostly only use the natural gas .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fully electric heating with hydro electric power. Where in Canada do you reside?
Lower mainland . Actually my main floor is natural gas , downstairs and upstairs are electric .we really mostly only use the natural gas .
British columbia. It's still the most expensive way to heat a home in most cases but it's doable here. Not like ontario or some of the prairies.
Baseboard heaters? Too fucking inefficient. Reality?

Heat pumps.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
British columbia. It's still the most expensive way to heat a home in most cases but it's doable here. Not like ontario or some of the prairies.
I was just curious to see how you could afford it. Not questioning your financial situation but comparing it to the options, if you where straight up completely electric heating.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Baseboard heaters? Too fucking inefficient. Reality?

Heat pumps.

Well of course that's how modern buildings and houses are going and many retrofit their homes that way if possible even if they've got older less efficient furnaces. The problem with places that are pretty much exclusively baseboard is that there's no existing ducting per se for a heat pump to make use of.