April Fools!! Here's your Carbon Tax F#ckers!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
OTTAWA – With the long-awaited passage last month of U.S. President Joe Biden’s climate legislation, America now has a plan environmentalists say will significantly reduce emissions, vaulting the U.S. from a laggard to a leader on climate change.

But unlike Canada’s approach, Biden’s plan has no carbon tax, focusing instead on tax incentives to spur investments in renewable energy, incentives Canada may soon find itself under pressure to match to stay competitive.

Canada’s carbon tax is set to continually rise over the next decade until it reaches $170 per tonne in 2030. Hornung said the industry needs to understand what happens after that, and says there are loopholes that still need to be closed for it to really succeed.

“Taking steps to make carbon pricing more stringent in the electricity sector can help drive more investment in renewable energy, providing clarity on the future of carbon pricing after 2030 drives more investment in renewable energy,” he said.

Hornung said every country is different and Canada doesn’t have to match the U.S. approach exactly, but many renewable firms conduct business globally and the new incentives will draw investment???
Tax Credits. Canada already gives tax credit AND has a carbon tax. Where is the different approach?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Tax Credits. Canada already gives tax credit AND has a carbon tax. Where is the different approach?
Soon as TurdOWE is ousted the carbon scam tax will end. I hope subsidies for purchasing electric cars will end at the same time.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Conservative MP Melissa Lantsman asked Freeland to defend increases to the government’s carbon tax that are set to bring the tax to $170 per tonne by 2030. She said that is only adding to the economic pressure Canadians are facing.

“We’re the only country in the G7 that has raised fuel taxes since this period of record inflation,” she said. “Do you think it’s fair, tripling the carbon tax at a time where there is a 40-year record high inflation, the highest interest rates in the G7?”

Earlier on Monday, the House of Commons defeated a Conservative motion that called on the government to “commit to no new taxes on gas, groceries, home heating and pay cheques.” The Liberals, NDP and Bloc Québécois all voted against that motion.

What about those in the Green Party? Both of them I mean, as they’re not mentioned above.

Freeland defended the increase and said fighting climate change is a moral imperative. She said while the Conservative don’t agree on carbon pricing now, she pointed out it was part of the last Conservative leader’s platform.

“When it comes to a price on pollution, it looks like our government and this iteration of the Conservative Party is going to have to agree to disagree. We believe that climate action today is absolutely essential.”

Freeland was also asked about when the government will return the budget to balance. Conservative MP Dan Albas said families are struggling and it is time the government cut costs.

“Since you’re so much about fiscal responsibility, then Minister, maybe you could just tell us when you believe that the budget will be balanced?” Holy Christ!! Michelle Rempel Garner called this one 8 months ago!! Listen to Freeland here:
1664942178152.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Was I the only one that heard Freeland say she was going to "tap into people's savings to kickstart the economy"?

Is there another way to do it without inflation? Couldn't sell me bonds? Flow throughs? Tax credits? Good management?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shitty. I haven’t put gas in my truck since the end of August. I timed it wrong I guess as I’m down to just a little above 1/4 tank. Oh well…& that’s a daily commuter….to & from work twice a day so about 88 trips there alone monthly…plus extra-curricular trips.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Shitty. I haven’t put gas in my truck since the end of August. I timed it wrong I guess as I’m down to just a little above 1/4 tank. Oh well…& that’s a daily commuter….to & from work twice a day so about 88 trips there alone monthly…plus extra-curricular trips.
Cry me a river I spent $800.00 for gas since Monday . Vancouver Terrace return .