It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We have hurricanes/post tropicals occasionally, but this was not the norm. The way it ended up coming into the region wasn't normal either. The thought is though that storms this strong will become normal with a warmer jet stream mixing in with warmer air storms.
Where does the definition of normal start and stop? On the calendar regarding recordkeeping duration I mean?

The thought is being used by Mr Trudeau earlier today also…

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Where does the definition of normal start and stop? On the calendar regarding recordkeeping duration I mean?

Probably where recordkeeping starts and then, over time as records are kept, to today?

If storms are trending over x amount of years to get stronger, they won't suddenly become weaker if the climate is there to keep them strong. So...

Meh, unless he does something really stupid/newsworthy, I never hear of shit he says/does.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Seems Florida is going to get whacked.

Hurricanes are rarer up here as are tornadoes. Hurricane Hazel in 1954 and the Barrie Tornado in 1984 (I think) come to mind. Did we have climate change back then or was it just a cycle of the weather like the previous 100 million years before that?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Probably where recordkeeping starts and then, over time as records are kept, to today?

If storms are trending over x amount of years to get stronger, they won't suddenly become weaker if the climate is there to keep them strong. So...
Meh, unless he does something really stupid/newsworthy, I never hear of shit he says/does.
Is it though (?) or is it the revised timeframe wiping out the first 100 years of record keeping to fit the narrative (?) or is it Trudeau spouting (who you don’t hear of his statements, etc…) on his pet-topic regardless of any records? Who knows but enough of that has already happened to make me suspicious of anything he says on Global Warming/Cooling/Changing.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
climate change since 14 billion bc. ;)
LoL - well there's the thing.

Climate change is real. Of course it is. It's been real for the last 4 billion years of history as far as we can tell from the evidence left behind. The earth has been much hotter than it is now and much colder than it is right now. It changes, and will always change.

When the 'enviro-types' say "climate change" what they mean is "climate change that we blame on you". And ANYTHING that is outside the basic norm is "climate change'. If we have a cool, storm free year it's NOT proof that climate change doesn't exist, but if we have an unusally hot year or stormy season it's PROOF UNDENIABLE that man is ruining the planet.

And when TRUDEAU says 'climate change', what HE means is "i haven't raised the carbon tax enough yet". Despite there being ample proof at this point that carbon taxes make next to no difference.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Depends on the desired outcome of the article. 1980 seems to be popular, probably because most of the woke crowd wasn't around before then. There was one here recently, that went back to 1945 as beginning of record keeping in the area, but I know people that were living here before then.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Is it though (?) or is it the revised timeframe wiping out the first 100 years of record keeping to fit the narrative (?) or is it Trudeau spouting (who you don’t hear of his statements, etc…) on his pet-topic regardless of any records? Who knows but enough of that has already happened to make me suspicious of anything he says on Global Warming/Cooling/Changing.

Which is why I rely on either actual scientists, or my own personal observations of how climate has changed in my area, enough that it's not the same at all anymore weather wise.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Which is why I rely on either actual scientists, or my own personal observations of how climate has changed in my area, enough that it's not the same at all anymore weather wise.
Your own observations are utterly meaningless. And i doubt very much you've read even a single actual scientific study. So what you're REALLY relying on is news headlines and some general statements without understanding what's behind them and when you see scary weather you decide it's "Climate change".

Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hear you. In Saskatchewan about 400 years ago there was an exceptionally long pronounced drought like nothing we’ve seen (including the dirty 30’s) in living memory. We wouldn’t know about it except for tree rings in the cypress hills area of the province. No first-hand observations or accurate records from that timeframe either other than these tree rings.

50 years ago I don’t remember moose wandering around in the numbers they are now out on the prairies. Were they then? Not that I remember….and maybe it’s because of climate change and maybe it’s because I don’t remember.

For a stretch from the late 60s to the late 70s in Saskatchewan we had a shit load of tornadoes in and around Regina that did much damage….& none have hit the city since (Phew!). Is this climate change (for the good?) or is this part of a bigger cycle of a longer duration and I’m only seeing a little slice of it?

I watched a wolf cross the TransCanada Highway in front of us in a blizzard in about 1977 and have not seen another one on the Prairie ever since. Is that due to climate change or overhunting or was that just a freak occurrence? I’ve no idea.

I remember long hot summers in the late 70s through the 80s…. hotter than what we have now….& yet every year now is the hottest year on record. knowing that we are currently in the middle of an interglacial period….is this part of some bigger cycle (?) and/or am I remembering the 80s for heat and summer incorrectly compared to today’s numbers (?) wherever they start recording (?) to claim that this is the hottest year on record year after year after year?

I know (and could testify to this and could pass a polygraph) that the summers in the 70s and 80s were much hotter, and the winters had way more snow…but did they and where they?

Last year we had very little snow, and it was nice out by early April, and we had all kinds of tropical plants growing on our deck that got to be 5’-6’ plus tall…. and it was hot and dry compared to this year which just wasn’t anywhere near as hot…. Will the records reflect this? I have photographs of crazy stuff growing outdoors last year that where only half the size this year…but does that mean anything compared to what any official numbers state?

How large and of what duration are natural cycles that could be much longer than a human lifespan regarding the weather? Keep in mind that we are still in an interglacial timeframe….so we are still in an Ice Age right now. On that note my lunch hour is over and I’ve gotta go.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I have seen more whales of one kind or another in the last couple of years than I have in the previous 50. ANd I have spent a lot of time around the ocean.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And you have found that climate always changes right? That's what I've been saying all along as well as the "climate scientists" who are worth their weight in gold but are "cancelled" because they don't follow the narrative.

Unfortunately, there are the so-called "climate scientists" that aren't actually scientists that are the ones ruling the roost!!

Reactions: Taxslave2