2SLGBTQQIA+

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Halton school board prepares for backlash over trans high school teacher
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:Sep 17, 2022 • 14 hours ago • 2 minute read
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media.
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media. Twitter
The Halton District School Board is “standing behind” an “accepted” transgender teacher who has gone viral in social media video posts.

In addition, HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth tells the Toronto Sun that staff are looking at “going through creating a safety plan” to ensure the Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher’s security as they prepare for potential protests when the school opens for classes Monday.

Protecting any persons “gender rights” is “the stance the school board is taking and they are standing behind the teacher,” said Shuttleworth.

Pre-transitioning the teacher was known to students and faculty as a male and went by a man’s name. But the teacher now identifies as a woman and is referenced with a female name.

The school board says it sees her simply as a good teacher.

“This teacher (who teaches shop) is an extremely effective teacher,” said Shuttleworth. “All the kids really love being in the class.”

But videos posted to social media showing the Oakville industrial arts teacher, who began identifying as female last year, appearing in class with large prosthetic breasts while operating a circular saw has created much commentary.

As a result Shuttleworth said she articulated to those who run the board’s day-to-day operations that “we can’t just wait around and see what happens because I am quite confident it won’t be a normal return to school Monday,”

Already, thanks to videos recorded by students, the school has been receiving comments on the matter.

“There will the protesters and the anti-protesters,” said Shuttleworth. “I do know there have been phone calls made to the school that haven’t been the most pleasant in nature.”

She said her position to HDSB Director of Education Curtis Ennis is to “make sure she (the teacher) is protected” and “ensure that everybody remains safe.”

The Sun has reached out to the teacher for comment but so far has not received a response.

The teacher, who the Sun has decided not to name at this point, has not had any previous issues that have come to the attention of the board.

“We have had no phone calls prior to this, saying anything about it,” said Shuttleworth.

But having said that, Shuttleworth acknowledges “there had to be some disconnect because one of the students created this video.”

Some of that concern has been expressed on social media, including one student taking to Twitter to write “the kids here most definitely don’t think it’s normal… but realistically we can’t say anything. Last year, the teacher was a man. I don’t think the school can fire him.”

In fact, Shuttleworth said the employee will be supported, adding “the teacher is completely accepted and welcomed into the school community as far as the staff is concerned.”

— With files from Brad Hunter

jwarmington@postmedia.com
View attachment 15727
Is this not disgusting? OMG!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you very very acquainted with the community?

The acme of foghoring is getting on TV. Its their 15 minutes of being Cher.

Do you believe in life after love?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I actually agreed with you on the attention getting part :)
Well howdy there internet people its Pete Again and Id like to talk about Trans Rednecks and foghorning.

Its all about getting laid. They can "ride the fame" for a few years.

These are the rednecks of trans. Instead of being a straight jackass riding a shopping cart full to the tits with fireworks down a 25% grade into a parked car they push the dumbass trans redneck big tits and ass to the limit thinking they one of those fat ass Doordashians.

Its just a thought. Have a good day.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Its just a thought. Have a good day.
That's not a thought, that's a night's lost sleep and a good reason to book a therapy session! Gawds - I did not need that mental image :) (the redneck spin was a nice touch tho). well it wouldn't entirely surprise me if you were right. It's hard to fathom how these people think.

• Haha
Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ive spent 35 years tied to the "community" through a sibling. I've seen and heard it all. From drag to prostitution to heads bashed by cops at the first pride events.

What we are seeing is foghorning and fame seeking.

They a want to be Madonna.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
T
WTF is that thing?
That’s your Grandkids Shop Teacher.
1663731983564.jpeg

1663732410786.jpeg
(Dangling jewelry, lanyards, & loose long hair don’t safely mix with power tools)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
T

View attachment 15796

View attachment 15797
(Dangling jewelry, lanyards, & loose long hair don’t safely mix with power tools)

The question needs to be asked, again, would this be such an issue if she had those naturally?

Probably not, as it'd be a case of sexual harassment.

It's an issue now because she's Trans, and this was a 'choice' to have inserts this large.

Do I think this is a good idea? Personally, no, for a lot of reasons.

Is it my business? No, because it's not.

Just like it wouldn't be if she had breasts of that size naturally.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The question needs to be asked, again, would this be such an issue if she had those naturally?

It's an issue now because she's Trans, and this was a 'choice' to have inserts this large.

What if she was really a she and had those augmented or a strap on like this person's(assumption I didn't read the whole article)? Is that appropriate for a classroom? To me the issue is these are fake and therefore a choice regardless of whom is wearing them. Granted this is a story because this person is trans but I would be equally concerned should they report on a female with these breasts.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The question is (personally I don’t care if he or she is trans), this is a big accommodation needed by this one teacher by the rest of the entire staff, entire student body, the entire school board, the security & police out front to fend off that one guy who came to protest probably….& to what end?

I’m sure she’s a great shop teacher ‘cuz the school board says she is, and she’s there to be an example of what NOT to do or wear in a shop around power tools like the hair not tied back so just waiting to get pulled into a machine….or the lanyard or necklace that’s not tucked into her shirt. If this where a job site OH&S would be spanking someone. 😁

The strap on boobs are just there for shock effect until someone reacts and a lawsuit can commence. This has nothing to do with somebody else that might naturally have breasts that size or what have you, but just Somebody who really needs attention and damn everybody else ‘cuz they have rights and you’d better respect them and accommodate them regardless of the situation or decorum or safety factors, etc…

School boards have dress codes. As employment lawyer Sunira Chaudhri recently explained in a column by Jerry Agar, the school is totally within their right to expect this teacher to follow a dress code.

Chaudhri described the teacher’s presentation as “beyond the scope of what any reasonable employer would expect and nobody would be surprised to see an employer stepping in and saying, ‘We need you as a teacher to come to school and dress professionally.’”

Exactly. This has nothing to do with something like transgender rights.

The story has gone viral not because the teacher identifies as trans. It’s gone viral because everyone knows it’s completely inappropriate for someone to present themselves this way in a professional environment.

(I wonder if there’s a dress code for the students in that school?)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What if she was really a she and had those augmented or a strap on like this person's(assumption I didn't read the whole article)? Is that appropriate for a classroom? To me the issue is these are fake and therefore a choice regardless of whom is wearing them. Granted this is a story because this person is trans but I would be equally concerned should they report on a female with these breasts.

Well, she really is a she, but anyway...

Exactly the point.

If they were the real deal that size, you couldn't say shit about it because sexual harassment. (Though to be fair, were they real most women would have sought to get a reduction by now).

But because they're fake, it's an issue, as it's a choice.

So somehow it's okay to focus on them and complain.

So the breasts being fake, does it make this any less sexual harassment?

My PERSONAL opinion about this is - ask her to not wear the inserts in school while teaching. It's not only distracting, it's also dangerous considering what she teaches. If she taught math, different story. They are inserts, they are a choice, and this choice can be made for out of school, not in school.

BUT, I also recognize that it's not my business and if that's what she wants as a breast size, then that's on her to deal with.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The question is (personally I don’t care if he or she is trans), this is a big accommodation needed by this one teacher by the rest of the entire staff, entire student body, the entire school board, the security & police out front to fend off that one guy who came to protest probably….& to what end?

What accommodation is needed?

I’m sure she’s a great shop teacher ‘cuz the school board says she is, and she’s there to be an example of what NOT to do or wear in a shop around power tools like the hair not tied back so just waiting to get pulled into a machine….or the lanyard or necklace that’s not tucked into her shirt. If this where a job site OH&S would be spanking someone. 😁

Agree on this (and boo on the spanking :p )

The strap on boobs are just there for shock effect until someone reacts and a lawsuit can commence.

Sadly, this is also likely.

This has nothing to do with somebody else that might naturally have breasts that size or what have you,

Disagree with you here because the question would be then; would it be as much an issue if they were natural vs. inserts? I'll suggest that would be a big hell no, considering the problems that'd come with someone pointing out "She's got huge boobs, she can't work as a teacher teaching shop."

but just Somebody who really needs attention and damn everybody else ‘cuz they have rights and you’d better respect them and accommodate them regardless of the situation or decorum or safety factors, etc…

Honestly, I agree with this too. But then there are people like that everywhere, and so long as they do their job, can they be fired for being drama whores?

(I wonder if there’s a dress code for the students in that school?)

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
T

View attachment 15796

View attachment 15797
Fuck that noise. Private or home schooling.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Disagree with you here because the question would be then; would it be as much an issue if they were natural vs. inserts? I'll suggest that would be a big hell no, considering the problems that'd come with someone pointing out "She's got huge boobs, she can't work as a teacher teaching shop."
If those were real it wouldnt be teaching shop or english or working anywhere. The back and shoulder problems would be crippling.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, she really is a she, but anyway...
Well, she really identifies as a she, but anyway…
Exactly the point.

If they were the real deal that size, you couldn't say shit about it because sexual harassment. (Though to be fair, were they real most women would have sought to get a reduction by now).

But because they're fake, it's an issue, as it's a choice.
Yeah, it is a choice by so many on so many levels in this one example in this one situation.

The school board has made the choice not to take the chance of getting sued, and is blowing off the students parents as the safest option in dealing with the situation. Who are the school board answerable to?

The teacher has made the choice to make whatever the hell is going on here a priority over top of teaching or the students or the professional atmosphere for her profession.

The students are making the choice as to whether or not they even go to this class that they’ve obviously signed up for or they wouldn’t be enrolled in it.
So somehow it's okay to focus on them and complain.

So the breasts being fake, does it make this any less sexual harassment?
You’re focused on the boobs. I’m focused on the fact the she’s a horrible example of how to get harmed around power tools, and she’s an example of that to how many classes of children every week?
My PERSONAL opinion about this is - ask her to not wear the inserts in school while teaching. It's not only distracting, it's also dangerous considering what she teaches. If she taught math, different story. They are inserts, they are a choice, and this choice can be made for out of school, not in school.
Here we agree. Totally.
BUT, I also recognize that it's not my business and if that's what she wants as a breast size, then that's on her to deal with.
Couldn’t give two shits about the strap on boobs, but the double standard to the students dress code is interesting and nobody else (including the school board) seems to have an issue with the hypocrisy. “Rules for thee but not for me or else!!??”

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What accommodation is needed?
Well, according to Margo Shuttleworth, chair of the school board, stated that they were “creating a safety plan” for both THE TEACHER and the anticipated protest which was one guy out on the sidewalk with a flag….at a distance behind the police officers out on the sidewalk.

Not a safety plan for the rest of the staff or students or school, but for “THE TEACHER” so that alone sounds like an accommodation for her choice. This is one example. Out of curiosity in your professional capacity on the job, how many police officers do they have standing out on the sidewalk in front of your place of employment just for your safety plan (& not anyone else’s)?