2SLGBTQQIA+

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Wow... so here's outrage from the OTHER side of this issue, from those who say schools are trying to encourage 'trans' kids to be trans.
Uhhhh... no. No these people are not saying schools are trying to "encourage" trans kids to be trans They're saying that the gov't/schools are investigating children who claim to be trans and that the parents of those trans kids would like that to stop. No where does anyone claim the schools are trying to encourage it in that video.

Did you even watch it?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Wow... so here's outrage from the OTHER side of this issue, from those who say schools are trying to encourage 'trans' kids to be trans.

Since I can't edit this, I realize now the wording absolutely sucks about this so I'm gonna try again :p

Here's parents of a trans kid outrage at the state basically lying about them being 'abusive' to their son. This is what families are going through, are being put through, for no reason. Well, other than bigotry, ignorance and a disgusting focus on the sexual parts of kids.

Meanwhile you've parents out there claiming schools and teachers are trying to turn their kids Trans (which isn't a thing, even if a teacher 'tried', though if that ever is true, that teacher should be fired, don't get me wrong).

Sorry for my crappy, rushed post to the video.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Since I can't edit this, I realize now the wording absolutely sucks about this so I'm gonna try again :p
Translation: Since i realized i was wrong and what i said wasn't true, i'm going to try to backpeddal and restart it now that i actually watched the video.

Sure. you go girl.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
1663499604353.png

If ANYTHING your kid does is going to be an issue... sexuality, gender, what they want to do with their life...

Just don't.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Halton school board prepares for backlash over trans high school teacher
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:Sep 17, 2022 • 14 hours ago • 2 minute read
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media.
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media. Twitter
The Halton District School Board is “standing behind” an “accepted” transgender teacher who has gone viral in social media video posts.

In addition, HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth tells the Toronto Sun that staff are looking at “going through creating a safety plan” to ensure the Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher’s security as they prepare for potential protests when the school opens for classes Monday.

Protecting any persons “gender rights” is “the stance the school board is taking and they are standing behind the teacher,” said Shuttleworth.

Pre-transitioning the teacher was known to students and faculty as a male and went by a man’s name. But the teacher now identifies as a woman and is referenced with a female name.

The school board says it sees her simply as a good teacher.

“This teacher (who teaches shop) is an extremely effective teacher,” said Shuttleworth. “All the kids really love being in the class.”

But videos posted to social media showing the Oakville industrial arts teacher, who began identifying as female last year, appearing in class with large prosthetic breasts while operating a circular saw has created much commentary.

As a result Shuttleworth said she articulated to those who run the board’s day-to-day operations that “we can’t just wait around and see what happens because I am quite confident it won’t be a normal return to school Monday,”

Already, thanks to videos recorded by students, the school has been receiving comments on the matter.

“There will the protesters and the anti-protesters,” said Shuttleworth. “I do know there have been phone calls made to the school that haven’t been the most pleasant in nature.”

She said her position to HDSB Director of Education Curtis Ennis is to “make sure she (the teacher) is protected” and “ensure that everybody remains safe.”

The Sun has reached out to the teacher for comment but so far has not received a response.

The teacher, who the Sun has decided not to name at this point, has not had any previous issues that have come to the attention of the board.

“We have had no phone calls prior to this, saying anything about it,” said Shuttleworth.

But having said that, Shuttleworth acknowledges “there had to be some disconnect because one of the students created this video.”

Some of that concern has been expressed on social media, including one student taking to Twitter to write “the kids here most definitely don’t think it’s normal… but realistically we can’t say anything. Last year, the teacher was a man. I don’t think the school can fire him.”

In fact, Shuttleworth said the employee will be supported, adding “the teacher is completely accepted and welcomed into the school community as far as the staff is concerned.”

— With files from Brad Hunter

jwarmington@postmedia.com
1663507590631.png

• Sad

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
If ANYTHING your kid does is going to be an issue... sexuality, gender, what they want to do with their life...

Just don't.
"If you don't intend to raise your kids in a way that I approve of then I feel you shouldn't be allowed to breed".

Well. That's the liberal mindset for you.

And here's a pro tip - EVERYTHING your kid does is going to be an issue :) Welcome to parenting :) The difference between a good parent and a bad parent is not that there isn't issues, but how they're addressed and how you handle it. Children need guidance, you don't just let them do whatever they like or you get really bad kids.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
WTF is that thing?
I'm not sure. But i feel confident it can stop a 50 BMG round at ranges of 100 meters or more.

Maybe she's a Trans-russian-olypmic-woman?

Joking aside, there are those who, when they transition, initially seek to be deliberately provocative about it simply because they feel they won't be accepted and they're inviting a response that is in keeping with that so their expectations are met. It's not terribly healthy but it's not terribly harmful. So - as long as she's a good teacher then the message to the kids should be "as you go through life you'll meet all kinds of people with all kinds of different tastes from yours, but as long as they're good people that should be your focus."

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media.
Images of a transgender Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher have caused a stir on social media. Twitter
The Halton District School Board is “standing behind” an “accepted” transgender teacher who has gone viral in social media video posts.

In addition, HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth tells the Toronto Sun that staff are looking at “going through creating a safety plan” to ensure the Oakville Trafalgar High School teacher’s security as they prepare for potential protests when the school opens for classes Monday.

Protecting any persons “gender rights” is “the stance the school board is taking and they are standing behind the teacher,” said Shuttleworth.

Pre-transitioning the teacher was known to students and faculty as a male and went by a man’s name. But the teacher now identifies as a woman and is referenced with a female name.

“This teacher (who teaches shop) is an extremely effective teacher,” said Shuttleworth. “All the kids really love being in the class.”

But videos posted to social media showing the Oakville industrial arts teacher, who began identifying as female last year, appearing in class with large prosthetic breasts while operating a circular saw has created much commentary.

As a result Shuttleworth said she articulated to those who run the board’s day-to-day operations that “we can’t just wait around and see what happens because I am quite confident it won’t be a normal return to school Monday,”

Already, thanks to videos recorded by students, the school has been receiving comments on the matter.

“There will the protesters and the anti-protesters,” said Shuttleworth. “I do know there have been phone calls made to the school that haven’t been the most pleasant in nature.”

She said her position to HDSB Director of Education Curtis Ennis is to “make sure she (the teacher) is protected” and “ensure that everybody remains safe.”

The Sun has reached out to the teacher for comment but so far has not received a response.

The teacher, who the Sun has decided not to name at this point, has not had any previous issues that have come to the attention of the board.

“We have had no phone calls prior to this, saying anything about it,” said Shuttleworth.

But having said that, Shuttleworth acknowledges “there had to be some disconnect because one of the students created this video.”

Some of that concern has been expressed on social media, including one student taking to Twitter to write “the kids here most definitely don’t think it’s normal… but realistically we can’t say anything. Last year, the teacher was a man. I don’t think the school can fire him.”

In fact, Shuttleworth said the employee will be supported, adding “the teacher is completely accepted and welcomed into the school community as far as the staff is concerned.”

View attachment 15727
the teacher won't need to look for a halloween costume. ;)

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

View attachment 15727
Time for a new school board. WHo elected these clowns?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Students, parents weigh-in on trans teacher
Halton cops, security outside Trafalgar High as board expected duelling protests

Author of the article:Scott Laurie
Publishing date:Sep 19, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 2 minute read • 69 Comments
Police officers were stationed outside Oakville Trafalgar High School Monday morning after a video was posted last week of a teacher who is transitioning into a woman and wearing large, prosthetic breasts in class.

“I haven’t really heard any students talk about that. I think we don’t care about that,” said Grade 10 student Yuxuan Xie.

“It’s definitely causing a big debate,” added Owen Laplante, who’s in Grade 12.

“Some people are uncomfortable with it. And other people think she should be able to express herself how she wants to.”

Laplante said the school sent an email stating it is standing by the teacher.

“I’m OK with it. it doesn’t bother me.”

Another student said most do not care.

“I’ve never had the teacher. I feel like people kind of using it to be derogatory — and what-not — shouldn’t because it’s none of our business,” she said.

“I feel like what people decide to do with their own body, it’s their own choice.”

Last week, a student posted a video of the industrial arts teacher — who began identifying as female last year — in class operating a circular saw and wearing large prosthetic breasts.

One parent said she received a Halton District School Board (HDSB) email last week supporting the teacher.

“It’s understandable – the school taking that official stance on this issue. I totally understand,” she said, adding some parents have been discussing it on social media.

“It’s the teacher’s choice to identify her or himself as whatever they want to be. However, I still feel a bit uncomfortable. I think he went a little bit too far. Identifying himself is OK, but wearing that in the classroom – I still have a little bit of a concern for that,” she said.

Alison Hodd — who’s running to be shool board trustee — said it is a complex issue.

“Some of them are only 13 years old,” Hodd said of some students. “And to me, to have a teacher wearing things like that could be looked at as kinky.”

She added that, “It’s OK for us to be supportive of trans rights – and also be respectful of our education system and our students. We can do both at the same time.”

The board had said it had expected protesters and anti-protesters.

“I do know there have been phone calls made to the school that haven’t been the most pleasant in nature,” said HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth, on Saturday.

She added it was the board’s aim to “make sure she (the teacher) is protected” and “ensure that everybody remains safe.”

A lone demonstrator stood outside the school.

“I am protesting this teacher right now,” said the man who did not share his name.

“I think it is fundamentally wrong that an individual is able to work at an institution as such with such a huge fake bust on.”
1663677082637.png

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Time for a new school board. WHo elected these clowns?

Joking aside, there are those who, when they transition, initially seek to be deliberately provocative about it simply because they feel they won't be accepted and they're inviting a response that is in keeping with that so their expectations are met. It's not terribly healthy but it's not terribly harmful. So - as long as she's a good teacher then the message to the kids should be "as you go through life you'll meet all kinds of people with all kinds of different tastes from yours, but as long as they're good people that should be your focus."
The school board is protecting itself from law suits & human rights tribunals, etc…so on that note it’s doing what it needs to.

Reactions: petros