And the hatchet jobs begin. CBC: Convoy donors gave more than $460K to CPC leadership race — and many were first-time federal donors

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

So they gave a small percent of the millions and millions PP raised. And represent a very small portion of the people

But it was absolutely necessary for CBC to dig into it and try to tie PP with the protesters - suggesting he's a (gasp!) radical!

This is truly pathetic. Just defund them already. They've become an embarrassment.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think the point to be considered is that the far right is an important part of PP's overall strategy. By not turning his back on them as a lot of Canadians think he should, he avoids alienating them and many others on the right, but not as far right. It's all numbers, and PP is a shrewd operator. There was a lengthy bio in Saturday's Globe & Mail that tracked his life from early on to today, and if anything is clear he has a solid background in politics, both from education and experience. Speaking in a Globe interview about his entry into parliament, the 25 year old said he wasn't nervous, "I know how the place works". His political ascendance hasn't been without mistakes, but he has learned from them. Everything he says is well thought out and calculating. Everything. He is laser focused on the PM's chair and has been for decades.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

So they gave a small percent of the millions and millions PP raised. And represent a very small portion of the people

But it was absolutely necessary for CBC to dig into it and try to tie PP with the protesters - suggesting he's a (gasp!) radical!

This is truly pathetic. Just defund them already. They've become an embarrassment.
He shouldn’t apologize or condemn the protestors , he should welcome them .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yep, protesting is just so radical. Especially when it's done pretty damn peacefully. No looting, no arson, no insurrection, no assaults, no deaths. They should'a been rounded up and sent to a work camp in the tundra, goddamit.
There were assaults all perpetrated by the Police .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think the point to be considered is that the far right is an important part of PP's overall strategy. By not turning his back on them as a lot of Canadians think he should, he avoids alienating them and many others on the right, but not as far right. It's all numbers, and PP is a shrewd operator. There was a lengthy bio in Saturday's Globe & Mail that tracked his life from early on to today, and if anything is clear he has a solid background in politics, both from education and experience. Speaking in a Globe interview about his entry into parliament, the 25 year old said he wasn't nervous, "I know how the place works". His political ascendance hasn't been without mistakes, but he has learned from them. Everything he says is well thought out and calculating. Everything. He is laser focused on the PM's chair and has been for decades.
Are you suggesting that what we saw from all those beautiful patriotic Canadians was the far right ? Wow you must get your news from the CBC your go to source for misinformation and the Liberal spin .

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
He shouldn’t apologize or condemn the protestors , he should welcome them .
Just listening to them was a big step forward. You don't even have to agree with everything a group says to recognize their concerns and understand there's legitimate grievances, something Trudeau never understood.

Honestly i think it's about listening, looking at where you CAN make improvements to address those areas where you do feel they've got legit concerns, and doing your best to work things out. And that's pretty much true of ANY protester group. They're Canadians - you're supposed to be serving Canadians. I don't know that you have to 'welcome' or not welcome them - but they deserve to be listened to and taken seriously and honestly I think that's all most of them want.

It's trudeau who thinks that you only listen to groups you've decided before hand that you agree with.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Just listening to them was a big step forward. You don't even have to agree with everything a group says to recognize their concerns and understand there's legitimate grievances, something Trudeau never understood.

Honestly i think it's about listening, looking at where you CAN make improvements to address those areas where you do feel they've got legit concerns, and doing your best to work things out. And that's pretty much true of ANY protester group. They're Canadians - you're supposed to be serving Canadians. I don't know that you have to 'welcome' or not welcome them - but they deserve to be listened to and taken seriously and honestly I think that's all most of them want.

It's trudeau who thinks that you only listen to groups you've decided before hand that you agree with.
Did anyone stop to think that Trudeau wanted things to escalate with the truckers? You know what Trudeau is interested in? Power. That's it, that's all he cares about. But I'm serious about him hoping it would escalate. Look at the horn honking. I find it hard to believe that the Mayor of Ottawa, the Chief of Police nor the PM didn't even think about getting a court injunction to stop it. It took a private citizen.
Trudeau was itching to pull the trigger on the Emergencies Act and when things didn't escalate to the point of violence, he decided to invoke it anyway because a couple hundred truckers legally and non-violently protesting in Ottawa is a fucking national emergency apparently.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Did anyone stop to think that Trudeau wanted things to escalate with the truckers? You know what Trudeau is interested in? Power. That's it, that's all he cares about. But I'm serious about him hoping it would escalate. Look at the horn honking. I find it hard to believe that the Mayor of Ottawa, the Chief of Police nor the PM didn't even think about getting a court injunction to stop it. It took a private citizen.
Trudeau was itching to pull the trigger on the Emergencies Act and when things didn't escalate to the point of violence, he decided to invoke it anyway because a couple hundred truckers legally and non-violently protesting in Ottawa is a fucking national emergency apparently.
It was a national emergency , it made the Liberal government appear weak , out of touch and incompetent. What else could constitute a national emergency ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Could well be. I just pointed out the DuhSantis's and Abbott's little stunt is purely performative, and nobody wants to solve the problem.

They just want to rile up the bases and keep the money rolling in.

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Look at the horn honking. I find it hard to believe that the Mayor of Ottawa, the Chief of Police nor the PM didn't even think about getting a court injunction to stop it. It took a private citizen.
Actually - this is something i commented on at the time and found quite surprising. For all the talk about it being an 'illegal protest' - no judge ever ruled it so. Which is WEIRD - normally that IS how it's done, protest starts, gov't or company goes to court and gets injunction, THEN it's declared illegal and people are given X period of time to stop and go away.

Which never happened.

If it was an illegal protest get a judge to say so and move forward. Why didn't that happen?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

It was a national emergency , it made the Liberal government appear weak , out of touch and incompetent. What else could constitute a national emergency ?
Fortunately, the only thing the emergencies act did was show the world how Trudeau is corrupt & authoritarian & what an embarrassment he is for the country. He is extremely self-centered and everything is all about him.

Reactions: The_Foxer

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Could well be. I just pointed out the DuhSantis's and Abbott's little stunt is purely performative, and nobody wants to solve the problem.

They just want to rile up the bases and keep the money rolling in.
So Martha's Vineyard doesn't need to be "strengthened" with diversity? Are the people there really so exceptional that they don't need diversity? As I said elsewhere, at least DeSantis and Abbot are doing it in broad daylight, unlike Biden and the Democrats who keep trying to hide the problem with their midnight ghost flights. Can't solve a problem like this unless it's brought to light.
It's the same problem with Trudeau. We have problems that are only being exacerbated by Groper's reckless immigration policy. I'm not blaming the immigrants here, I'm blaming Trudeau. You can't solve problems unless you're willing to recognize the root causes of them.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So Martha's Vineyard doesn't need to be "strengthened" with diversity? Are the people there really so exceptional that they don't need diversity? As I said elsewhere, at least DeSantis and Abbot are doing it in broad daylight, unlike Biden and the Democrats who keep trying to hide the problem with their midnight ghost flights. Can't solve a problem like this unless it's brought to light.
It's the same problem with Trudeau. We have problems that are only being exacerbated by Groper's reckless immigration policy. I'm not blaming the immigrants here, I'm blaming Trudeau. You can't solve problems unless you're willing to recognize the root causes of them.

If you mean Biden's midnight ghost flights of deporting people, maybe you're right, that should be in broad daylight too.

As for Trudeau... he's a fucking dipshit.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
And the Star continues to lose it's mind....

Eager to end "reproductive rights'? When he's strongly come out pro choice? Who we love??!!? When was THAT ever in his pitch?

They're down to just plain boldface lying to try to stop him

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sure can milk 'em for donations and votes, though.