Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You'd need a tax stamp for a Class III weapon, Federally. Plus whatever your state required. One of the DuPont heirs used to like to run around his estate in Pennsylvania in an M-113 armored personnel carrier.

View attachment 14116
Not being a DuPont (or Trudeau Trust Fund) heir, & facing current $2.10/L national fuel costs, I was looking for the biggest gun on the most fuel efficient platform (Toyota midsize pickup).

Class 3 permit, & background checks (did some homework myself last night). Cool.

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Opinion Check. . . which of the following gun control measures is useless?

1. Banning private ownership of fully automatic weapons.
2. Banning private ownership of semi-automatic, clip-fed weapons.
3. Limiting clip size of semi-automatic weapons.
4. Forbidding violent felons from ever owning guns.
5. Forbidding all felons from ever owning guns.
6. Forbidding people with mental-health histories, but not adjudicated non compos mentis, from owning guns.
7. Forbidding concealed carry of handguns without a permit.
8. Forbidding carrying handguns without a permit.
9. Forbidding owning handguns without registration/permitting.
All of them are useless if they can't be, or are not enforced.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not being a DuPont (or Trudeau Trust Fund) heir, & facing current $2.10/L national fuel costs, I was looking for the biggest gun on the most fuel efficient platform (Toyota midsize pickup).

Class 3 permit, & background checks (did some homework myself last night). Cool.
You could probably pick up a Browning .30 cal machine gun for $30,000 (greenbacks, not Monopoly money).

An M2 .50 cal'd cost you more.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You could probably pick up a Browning .30 cal machine gun for $30,000 (greenbacks, not Monopoly money).

An M2 .50 cal'd cost you more.
Yeah but…..then it might hit foul on the other items on your list. I figured something the you had to load 90lb loads individually might avoid the whole auto or semi-auto issue.. 😉..if I was an American.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, you mean the criminal justice system that just can't seem to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You mean THAT criminal justice system? Or the fact that Groper boy keeps trying to reduce sentencing for gun crimes?
Yes, the criminal justice system. The one that has 38,000 people incarcerated.

But I see you just want to whine about how much you hate True Dope, so I'll let you get on with that.