Liberals, NDP leadership have tentative deal to support Trudeau government to 2025

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Really , you live in B.C. How are those wait lists , getting any shorter ? We do such a good job employing health care administrators , we should find a way to hire more , that is sure to work . Front line workers , who needs them .
Labour shortages in the health sector is a global issue, nothing in BC is any different that anywhere else. They'd love to hire more, but where from? The burnout rate is so high that it's not a particularly attractive field to go into these days.

Reactions: taxslave

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I get why conservatives are fuming over this, it does effectively slam the door on any dreams of a non-confidence vote the likes of PeePee might have had, but it's just politics. You'll never convince me that the "other side" wouldn't jump at any chance to gain power.

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I get why conservatives are fuming over this, it does effectively slam the door on any dreams of a non-confidence vote the likes of PeePee might have had, but it's just politics. You'll never convince me that the "other side" wouldn't jump at any chance to gain power.
And accountability, which is what the opposition in parliament is supposed to bring to the table.

Remember this from less than 1/2 a year back?:

Reactions: Mowich

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
And accountability, which is what the opposition in parliament is supposed to bring to the table.

Remember this from less than 1/2 a year back?:
What;s your point ? Singh shouldn't be able to change his mind when an opportunity to further NDP goals comes up?

And yes, responsible opposition in parliament is the ways things should work, but most of what the CPC does is best described as obstructionist and muckraking. I'd love to see them make a positive contirbution in parliament, but then again I'd like to win the lottery too.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Labour shortages in the health sector is a global issue, nothing in BC is any different that anywhere else. They'd love to hire more, but where from? The burnout rate is so high that it's not a particularly attractive field to go into these days.
The government laid off or fired twenty percent of healthcare workers for refusing the jab , smart move with worldwide shortages . The reason given for growing wait times is labour shortages . Why do you shy away from the Heath care elephant in the room , the crippling size of the administration and bureaucracy ?

Reactions: taxslave and petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What;s your point ? Singh shouldn't be able to change his mind when an opportunity to further NDP goals comes up?

And yes, responsible opposition in parliament is the ways things should work, but most of what the CPC does is best described as obstructionist and muckraking. I'd love to see them make a positive contirbution in parliament, but then again I'd like to win the lottery too.
Yes he can do as he wishes , but is this what his supporters want , will it backfire and cause the NDP to lose what is left of the gains made under Layton and Mulcair ? If you want liberal , that is what you get , good and hard .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The government laid off or fired twenty percent of healthcare workers for refusing the jab , smart move with worldwide shortages . The reason given for growing wait times is labour shortages . Why do you shy away from the Heath care elephant in the room , the crippling size of the administration and bureaucracy ?
Where are you getting your numbers from pgs? In BC the percentage of the healthcare workforce lost due to vax refusal ranges from one percent to under four percent, depending which health region you are looking at. Two thirds of those were casual workers, and some health authorities report more new hires than terminations.

Yes, wait times are coming as a result of staff shortages, but the staff is simply not available right now. I have read nothing that says the size of administrative staff is to blame, maybe you could supply some back-up for that as well as your "twenty percent fired" figure.

COVID-19: About 2,500 B.C. health-care workers lost jobs over refusal to vaccinate

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Regardless figures lie and liars figure , if it is in legacy media there is a good chance it is towing the government line 100% . Even if it was only 2500 employees it still adds to the staffing shortages and still contributes to wait times and inefficiencies . And it still doesn’t account for the fact that our healthcare system is 99% at capacity in the best of times , as it is designed . It eats up an enormous amount of our provincial budget and a huge chunk goes to a bloated bureaucracy . Cut that by 75% and many of the health care problems could be solved .

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Where are you getting your numbers from pgs? In BC the percentage of the healthcare workforce lost due to vax refusal ranges from one percent to under four percent, depending which health region you are looking at. Two thirds of those were casual workers, and some health authorities report more new hires than terminations.

Yes, wait times are coming as a result of staff shortages, but the staff is simply not available right now. I have read nothing that says the size of administrative staff is to blame, maybe you could supply some back-up for that as well as your "twenty percent fired" figure.

COVID-19: About 2,500 B.C. health-care workers lost jobs over refusal to vaccinate
Being a First Responder, I can give you lots of examples of bureaucratic bungling and waste and conflicting authorities. Not saying anyone is scamming the system particularly, although there is undoubtedly some of that going on, but competing bureaucracies with jurisdiction are wasteful.