B.C. First Nation signs multimillion-dollar deal with gas pipeline company

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A old injun trick to make money......
If I were willing to pay more I could have full Status
The only advantage it gives me and my wife is that we get to the front of the line when it comes to co-vid shots
The only other advantage is sales tax discount
By the way only got that card because I could!
It might come in handy if I were to buy a car....but I would have to get it delivered to the closest reserve....too much trouble!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mowich and petros

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Canada purchases oil for the east at a premium price and sells western oil to the USA at a discount. Ie it buys high and sells low.

Trudeau said he will put a cap on Western oil production but he didn’t say anything about doing the same on for buying oil for eastern Canada.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
A old injun trick to make money......
If I were willing to pay more I could have full Status
The only advantage it gives me and my wife is that we get to the front of the line when it comes to co-vid shots
The only other advantage is sales tax discount
By the way only got that card because I could!
It might come in handy if I were to buy a car....but I would have to get it delivered to the closest reserve....too much trouble!
You can buy status?
Again, enlighten me. I did not know you could buy your status. Also, you "bought" status for tax saving purposes?
You have often used the term "Injun". Are you able to say that even though your status is expired?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Canada purchases oil for the east at a premium price and sells western oil to the USA at a discount. Ie it buys high and sells low.

Trudeau said he will put a cap on Western oil production but he didn’t say anything about doing the same on for buying oil for eastern Canada.

Of course the Irving Family are big Liberal supporters .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You can buy status?
Again, enlighten me. I did not know you could buy your status. Also, you "bought" status for tax saving purposes?
You have often used the term "Injun". Are you able to say that even though your status is expired?
Of course you can buy status. Just like you can buy a hereditary chief to speak on behalf of the people that never elected them.
30 years ago the going price on the coast was 30 grand. Expect to pay more for wealthier bands as they get better rewards from the government. The Rez one of my friends lives on gives every member around $200 every quarter.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Correction.......I'm just Métis....Not status..... I couldn't get the tax break on a car!
You can buy status?
Don't exaggerate....I used the term Injun once and not in a derogatory way because I figure I can since I'm officially a Métis
And I didn't stop being one because I didn't renew my card
And I also didn't get that card for any possible benefits...
I just wanted to acknowledge my heritage!
I didn't even use it when I bought a snowblower last year. The paperwork is just too much trouble just to save the Ontario sales tax?

Reactions: Mowich and taxslave

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Correction.......I'm just Métis....Not status..... I couldn't get the tax break on a car!

Don't exaggerate....I used the term Injun once and not in a derogatory way because I figure I can since I'm officially a Métis
And I didn't stop being one because I didn't renew my card
And I also didn't get that card for any possible benefits...
I just wanted to acknowledge my heritage!
I didn't even use it when I bought a snowblower last year. The paperwork is just too much trouble just to save the Ontario sales tax?
Exaggerate?
I only quoted you and questioned your comments.
No exaggerations, just calling you out.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Violence has erupted at a Coastal GasLink pipeline work site in Northern B.C., leaving workers shaken and millions of dollars in damage.

Just after midnight Thursday, Coastal GasLink security called RCMP for help, reporting it was under attack by about 20 people, some wielding machetes and axes.
1645152162222.jpegRCMP Chief Supt. Warren Brown, commander for the north district, called the attack a “calculated and organized violent attack that left its victims shaken and a multi-million dollar path of destruction.”
1645152327533.jpeg
Coastal GasLink said in a statement the attackers surrounded some of its workers in a “highly planned” and “unprovoked” assault near the Morice River drill pad site off the forest service road.
1645152214053.jpeg
“In one of the most concerning acts, an attempt was made to set a vehicle on fire while workers were inside,” said the company in a statement. “The attackers also wielded axes, swinging them at vehicles and through a truck’s window. Flare guns were also fired at workers.”

After the attack, the attackers disappeared into the night.

RCMP said responding officers were met with a blockade of downed trees, tar-covered stumps, boards with spikes, and fires at the forestry road’s 41 km mark. As police worked their way past the debris, people threw smoke bombs and fire-lit sticks at them. One officer was injured.
1645152264333.jpeg
B.C’s public safety minister, Mike Farnworth, denounced the violence as an “egregious criminal activity” that could have led to serious injury or death.

“There is no excuse for such violence and intimidation,” he said in a statement. “All workers deserve to be protected from harassment and harm.”

Police called Thursday’s violent incident a “troubling escalation.”
1645152383070.jpeg
“While we respect everyone’s right to peacefully protest in Canada, we cannot tolerate this type of extreme violence and intimidation,” said Brown. “Our investigators will work tirelessly to identify the culprits and hold them accountable for their actions.”

The RCMP is appealing to the public for assistance and asked anyone with information about the individuals involved to contact Houston RCMP at 250-845-2204.

(There’s much more at the attached link in this post. Crazy timing in relation to the protest with sauna & hottubs & bouncy castle in Ottawa currently also occurring with it’s one Nazi flag & ball cap of desecration placed on the head of the statue of Terry fox)

Now is the chance Justin & Jagmeet are presented to show that they’re not just playing political games on Parliament Hill, but will consistently apply this Emergency Measures Act (formally known as the war measures act) to blockades and domestic terrorism…..& not just against those that they can ‘safely demonize from the camp of the Woke’ as we’ve been seeing.

OK Boys, fill your boots!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Violence has erupted at a Coastal GasLink pipeline work site in Northern B.C., leaving workers shaken and millions of dollars in damage.

Just after midnight Thursday, Coastal GasLink security called RCMP for help, reporting it was under attack by about 20 people, some wielding machetes and axes.
View attachment 12171RCMP Chief Supt. Warren Brown, commander for the north district, called the attack a “calculated and organized violent attack that left its victims shaken and a multi-million dollar path of destruction.”
View attachment 12174
Coastal GasLink said in a statement the attackers surrounded some of its workers in a “highly planned” and “unprovoked” assault near the Morice River drill pad site off the forest service road.
View attachment 12172
“In one of the most concerning acts, an attempt was made to set a vehicle on fire while workers were inside,” said the company in a statement. “The attackers also wielded axes, swinging them at vehicles and through a truck’s window. Flare guns were also fired at workers.”

After the attack, the attackers disappeared into the night.

RCMP said responding officers were met with a blockade of downed trees, tar-covered stumps, boards with spikes, and fires at the forestry road’s 41 km mark. As police worked their way past the debris, people threw smoke bombs and fire-lit sticks at them. One officer was injured.
View attachment 12173
B.C’s public safety minister, Mike Farnworth, denounced the violence as an “egregious criminal activity” that could have led to serious injury or death.

“There is no excuse for such violence and intimidation,” he said in a statement. “All workers deserve to be protected from harassment and harm.”

Police called Thursday’s violent incident a “troubling escalation.”
View attachment 12175
“While we respect everyone’s right to peacefully protest in Canada, we cannot tolerate this type of extreme violence and intimidation,” said Brown. “Our investigators will work tirelessly to identify the culprits and hold them accountable for their actions.”

The RCMP is appealing to the public for assistance and asked anyone with information about the individuals involved to contact Houston RCMP at 250-845-2204.

(There’s much more at the attached link in this post. Crazy timing in relation to the protest with sauna & hottubs & bouncy castle in Ottawa currently also occurring with it’s one Nazi flag & ball cap of desecration placed on the head of the statue of Terry fox)

Now is the chance Justin & Jagmeet are presented to show that they’re not just playing political games on Parliament Hill, but will consistently apply this Emergency Measures Act (formally known as the war measures act) to blockades and domestic terrorism…..& not just against those that they can ‘safely demonize from the camp of the Woke’ as we’ve been seeing.

OK Boys, fill your boots!!

I don't care who did it; the people who did this damage and threatened were terrorists and should be dealt with accordingly.

Absolutely use the EMA against them if need be.

(FWIW, it wasn't the ball cap that pissed me off about Terry's statue, it was the Upside down Canadian flag and anti-Mandate sign, when I think it's likely he would have been FOR the mandates, considering his health issues.)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
(FWIW, it wasn't the ball cap that pissed me off about Terry's statue, it was the Upside down Canadian flag and anti-Mandate sign, when I think it's likely he would have been FOR the mandates, considering his health issues.)
Honesty, what pissed me off (One of the things anyway) about the Terry Fox statue was that in the day and age of everybody caring a smart phone with camera and video capability and cc TV cameras at traffic lights and ATMs and all over Hells half acre…. there’s no pictures or video of the people that did it. That’s just kind of hard to believe in this day and age.

Anyway, years ago, when First Nations groups and their environmentalist enablers were blockading pipelines, rail lines and cargo ports, the PM didn’t call them names and suggest their views were unacceptable.

His government wouldn’t let the Mounties dismantle their barricades, even though thousands of Canadians were being laid off because manufacturing and distribution jobs were being lost due to nearly a billion dollars a day of merchandise, grain, parts and raw materials being held up.

No disrespect to the residents of downtown Ottawa whose lives and livelihoods have been severely disrupted by the truckers’ occupation, or to the farmers, ranchers, grocers and consumers whose incomes and food supplies have been upset by the recent border and bridge blockades, but the eco-Indigenous obstructions of January and February 2020 (right before the pandemic) were truly national in scale.

And yet Trudeau never seems to have contemplated bringing down the sledgehammer of the Emergencies Act to deal with First Nations protesters?

On Tuesday in the House of Commons, Ontario Conservative MP Michelle Ferreri asked Prime Minister Justin Trudeau what other measures his government had tried to break up the Freedom Convoy blockade before invoking the Emergencies Act?

Good question (And no, Mr. Trudeau, claiming to have COVID while hiding under your desk in an undisclosed location to avoid having to meet with the truckers is not an acceptable answer). Now opportunity has presented itself to show that this current government is truly woke and will treat all Canadians equally.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well that’s the first time I tried to link to a Twitter Twatter thing, & it didn’t work like I thought it was going to. Here is a screenshot instead I guess:
View attachment 12179

I'd have to point out that "The serious DISRUPTION OF THE MOVEMENT OF PERSONS OR GOODS" as it pertains to the people who live in that zone where the truckers are, fulfills the criteria as well, not just 2c.

But that's just me.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I here you! I agree. Now compare that to the pipeline road that was ripped out last year trapping about 500 pipeline workers in camp without access to further supplies like food or water, or the ability to leave, etc…(my Sister-in-Law was in that camp at the time…. And some of the stories she can tell dwarf anything anybody in Ottawa can say about this current protest)….
(Guess what? Same camp!!)

1645158899232.jpeg
The Shenanigans in BC last night don’t just fit one clause in the above. Interesting times.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The company building a pipeline through Northern B.C. that was violently attacked on Wednesday night called the incident a “highly planned and dangerous unprovoked assault.”

Coastal GasLink says about 20 masked attackers wearing camouflage surrounded and attacked Coastal GasLink workers near the Morice River drill pad site off the Marten Forest Service Road.

The site is the location of the former blockade and opposition camp last year that lasted 59 days.

“This coordinated and criminal attack from multiple directions threatened the lives of several workers. In one of the most concerning acts, an attempt was made to set a vehicle on fire while workers were inside,” the company said in a statement.

“The attackers also wielded axes, swinging them at vehicles and through a truck's window. Flare guns were also fired at workers. Workers fled the site for their own safety and remain shaken by this violent incident.”

How is this going to be spun as a Justin-ified and understandable mostly peaceful protest?
1645161321100.jpeg

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I here you! I agree. Now compare that to the pipeline road that was ripped out last year trapping about 500 pipeline workers in camp without access to further supplies like food or water, or the ability to leave, etc…(my Sister-in-Law was in that camp at the time…. And some of the stories she can tell dwarf anything anybody in Ottawa can say about this current protest)….
(Guess what? Same camp!!)

View attachment 12180
The Shenanigans in BC last night don’t just fit one clause in the above. Interesting times.

To be honest, I don't compare them at all, as there is none.

Reactions: Ron in Regina