Kyle Rittenhouse

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Well, he MIGHT have needed more!"

Yeah, and he might have needed a main battle tank. I'm sure we can come up with some scenario that could only be resolved with a 120-mm gun.

Which just PROVES the Second Amendment gives y'all a RAHT to tool around town in a fully armed main battle tank.

Cuz ya never know. . .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep. That's part of the confusion that surrounds the defense. Also, sometimes the doctrine of "mutual combatants" removes the defense from all parties in the fight, or as I said before, there's times when going looking for a fight, particularly when illegally armed, nullifies a self defense claim.

Ultimately, this will come down to how afraid the jury is of scary antifa, which is why the defense is pursuing the "scumbag deserved to die" line.

As it is the case in and of itself is midling interesting for a few reasons, IMO.

First guy is shot and killed.

After that point, Kyle is running and people are chasing him, because he shot and killed someone.

People chasing him did not/may not have known he threatened the kid earlier (apparently), all they saw was he shot and killed someone. So one of those chasing him has a gun, another a skate board. Skate board guy hits him and is killed (so we don't know why he hit him, though there is inference to it). Gun guy puts his hands up but then aims the gun at the kid.

So...

In other situations where someone has hurt/killed others and a group has gone after the attacker, the attacker was subdued and dealt with. And we praise those who put their lives at risk to stop that person.

Why isn't anyone looking at skateboard guy and the survivor as 'heroes' for trying to stop someone THEY thought was a murdering shooter?

(don't bring up the past of any victim, that has no bearing because no one at the scene KNEW the history of these people).

My other question is - okay, Kyle shot and killed person one. People chased after him for doing so; had he dropped his gun and said "I didn't mean to!" he might have got beat up at most or contained until the cops showed. Him running from the 'crime'... doesn't help his credibility that it was self-defense.

Anyway, just idle thoughts.

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
As it is the case in and of itself is midling interesting for a few reasons, IMO.

After that point, Kyle is running and people are chasing him, because he shot and killed someone.

People chasing him did not/may not have known he threatened the kid earlier (apparently), all they saw was he shot and killed someone. So one of those chasing him has a gun, another a skate board. Skate board guy hits him and is killed (so we don't know why he hit him, though there is inference to it). Gun guy puts his hands up but then aims the gun at the kid.

So...

In other situations where someone has hurt/killed others and a group has gone after the attacker, the attacker was subdued and dealt with. And we praise those who put their lives at risk to stop that person.

Why isn't anyone looking at skateboard guy and the survivor as 'heroes' for trying to stop someone THEY thought was a murdering shooter?

(don't bring up the past of any victim, that has no bearing because no one at the scene KNEW the history of these people).

My other question is - okay, Kyle shot and killed person one. People chased after him for doing so; had he dropped his gun and said "I didn't mean to!" he might have got beat up at most or contained until the cops showed. Him running from the 'crime'... doesn't help his credibility that it was self-defense.

And he might be wearing a skateboard in bedded in his forehead . And if my aunt was a man she would be my uncle .

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

So...

That's actually a good question.

Yeah, had Rittenhouse been a spree shooter, then Huber and Groskreutz would have been heroes.

But he wasn't a spree shooter. And he was running TO the police, and not firing his weapon......until they attacked him. And there is no doubt whatsoever he was running to the police, with the mob chasing him.

He was not arrested on the scene (and this is on tape) because when he approached the police squad car to surrender, the cops told him to get away from the car or they would pepper spray him......then they drove away.

He surrendered himself to police the next day.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
Hence my conclusion that the Second Amendment recognizes your right to machine guns, artillery, rocket launchers, and main battle tanks without licensure, background checks, or identification.

Never know when ya might could need 'em.

This is also why discharged felons and the mentally ill who have not been adjudicated non compos mentis and put under guardianship have full rights under the Second Amendment.

• Wow

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hence my conclusion that the Second Amendment recognizes your right to machine guns, artillery, rocket launchers, and main battle tanks without licensure, background checks, or identification.

This is also why discharged felons and the mentally ill who have not been adjudicated non compos mentis and put under guardianship have full rights under the Second Amendment.
Can I have an F 16 and Attack Helocopter while you are in such a giving mood ? Just pretend I am an Afgani taliban

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually it doesn't. Rights have to have reasonable limits or else you have anarchy. And privately owning a retired MBT isn't illegal, it just can't have working guns.
As for rocket launchers, I had a buddy in southwestern Ontario who owned a hand-held rocket launcher. The OPP even allowed him to play with it at their rural shooting range. However, he was also specially licenced as a legitimate collector of out of service military arms.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Actually it doesn't. Rights have to have reasonable limits or else you have anarchy. And privately owning a retired MBT isn't illegal, it just can't have working guns.
As for rocket launchers, I had a buddy in southwestern Ontario who owned a hand-held rocket launcher. The OPP even allowed him to play with it at their rural shooting range. However, he was also specially licenced as a legitimate collector of out of service military arms.
someones got to take down them ufos. ;) 🛸