Kyle Rittenhouse

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nope.. he still was in possession of an illegal firearm.. and brought is across state lines..

Don’t know, and now people are threatening the jury..

Not surprised the jury is overwhelmingly white. It is supposed to be a jury of his peers.

Reactions: B00Mer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If Canadian he would have given a bath, fed milk and cookies then sent to bed early.
Unless he was Peter Khill.

I considered Khill's acquittal to be a travesty of justice, but this whole "ordering a new trial" thing is horrifying. What're they gonna do, find "errors" until they get the verdict they want?

Sure looks like it to me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
He is a criminal. Possession of an AR-15 by a minor is a felony in Wisconsin.

I already said the shootings were probably self-defense, not that you'd notice.

See, I can despise someone and still acknowledge that he was probably right. Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. Like when Trump blasted the Syrian airbase. I understand you don't have the capacity for that.

Rittenhouse is lucky the DA don't have the brains to charge him under the felony-murder rule. He was obviously committing a felony (possessing the AR-15) and that caused two deaths. That's felony murder. A 15-year bump on the original felony. It nullifies self-defense.
Ummm....check your facts. I think you will find possession of a long gun by a minor is a misdemeanor in Wisconsin.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Nope.. he still was in possession of an illegal firearm.. and brought is across state lines..

The firearm was NOT brought across state lines. He kept it in Kenosha. That has already been established, and no charges were laid on that account.

As I said to 'Bones, I believe you will find being a minor in possession of a long gun in Wisconsin is a misdemeanor, not a felony. Minor, minor stuff.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The firearm was NOT brought across state lines. He kept it in Kenosha. That has already been established, and no charges were laid on that account.

As I said to 'Bones, I believe you will find being a minor in possession of a long gun in Wisconsin is a misdemeanor, not a felony. Minor, minor stuff.
Especially since he was apparently using it to scrub graffiti off walls and pick up trash.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Are non-Whites not his peers?

By the way, there is not one single statement anywhere in American law that call for a jury of the accused's peers.
First link on google:

One of your rights when you go to trial for a criminal offense is that you get to have a jury of your peers. They are the ones who hear the case and then decide if they think you are guilty or not. What does it really mean? What is a jury of your peers?

Essentially, it’s just a way to get a fair jury made up of citizens who could be considered peers of the person who is on trial. This is a way to reduce the chances of bias in the jury.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Wasn't brought across state lines he got it there and fired it once before that night, this has been documented in court

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
First link on google:

One of your rights when you go to trial for a criminal offense is that you get to have a jury of your peers. They are the ones who hear the case and then decide if they think you are guilty or not. What does it really mean? What is a jury of your peers?

Essentially, it’s just a way to get a fair jury made up of citizens who could be considered peers of the person who is on trial. This is a way to reduce the chances of bias in the jury.
Wrong. Sorry.

The "jury of one's peers" is an English concept, meaning a jury composed of one's social equals in a class system: nobility for nobility, gentry for gentry, commonalty for commonalty.

Your citation is not law. It is somebody giving his or her reaction to this common but irrelevant phrase.

Here is the law. . .

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law. . ."
--U.S. Const., Amdt. VI

That's it. Nothing about "peers" in an officially classless society (yes, I get the potential pun in "classless").

Nice dodge, by the way, so I'll ask again. . . Do you think that non-Whites cannot be "peers" of Whites?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mowich

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
First link on google:

I don't see why the selection of the jury is relevant, does both the prosecution and defense have an equal say in who is chosen?
Theoretically. Of course, there are a bunch of ways to game the system. That's why jury composition shows up in the Supreme Court so regularly.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Once again, no he did not bring it across state lines. That has been established, and no such charges were laid.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
"Newly released Joseph Rosenbaum sex offender documents obtained by Wisconsin Right Now from the Pima County (Arizona) Clerk of Courts confirm Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including anal rape. The victims were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old."

Wow. Just wow.

To be clear, this does not mean it was open season, it has nothing to do with Rittenhouse's guilt or innocence.

But it does speak to Rosenbaum's character, to say the least. He had other minor charges pending as well.

I won't be shedding any tears for this guy.