Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Save taxpayer dollars and call it for Ont. keep the West out of this one please

The CPC will get embarrassed for lack of Conservative support from the West and the MSM will have a field day

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Conservative Party under fire from own members over 'tasteless' Trudeau ad
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 14, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • 164 Comments
A Conservative Party ad has Justin Trudeau's head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
A Conservative Party ad has Justin Trudeau's head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." PHOTO BY CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF CANADA /Twitter screengrab
Article content
TORONTO — The Conservative Party was criticized by some of its own members on Saturday for a “tasteless” ad put out targeting Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, a day before he is expected to call an election in the hope of securing a majority in Parliament.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“The only reason for an election is because Trudeau wants a majority,” reads the tagline of the 37-second ad released on Friday.

The video shows Trudeau’s head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” in which she throws a fit for not getting what she wants.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The ad drew anger online, with some viewers calling it tasteless. Later, some Conservative members of parliament expressed their dissatisfaction.

Todd Doherty, a British Columbia MP wrote on Twitter that expected the Conservative Party to be better: “This is embarrassing.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) was not available for an immediate comment.

Trudeau is planning a snap election for Sept. 20 and is expected to make the announcement on Sunday, Reuters reported this week, as the ruling Liberals push for a vote two years ahead of schedule.

A survey by Abacus on Thursday put the Liberals at 37% and the Conservatives at 28%.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

In this file photo taken on June 15, 2021 Prime Minister Justin Trudeau gives a press conference following a meeting with European council president and EU commission president as part of the EU-Canada summit in Brussels.
GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau should vote against himself in this election
GETTY
KINSELLA: As Delta variant surges, what will Trudeau's ballot question be?

“Well, I suspect I was never getting your vote, but I agree that video is dumb. Sadly they don’t ask me my opinion on these things…,” Ontario CPC MP Scott Aitchison wrote on Twitter in response to a reader who asked whether the ad would get people to vote for the Conservatives.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
On Saturday, the Liberal Party released its own ad, featuring Trudeau.

“Let’s think even bigger Canada. Let’s be relentless. Let’s keep moving forward, for everyone,” Trudeau said in the minute-long spot.
1629015133780.png

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Name the one Liberal initiative that Parliament has denied to Justin Trudeau and his party because they have a minority government.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ants-to-be-even-less-accountable-to-canadians There isn’t one. Every time the minority Liberals have wanted an expansion of the already enormous federal budget, one of the other toady leftist parties has obliged by casting their lot with the Trudeau-ites.

I guess the Liberals kinda, sorta didn’t get the internet censorship bill they wanted. But it was the Senate that held up its passage, not the Commons. The Liberals even got away with proroguing Parliament last summer to kill the committee investigations into the ultra-close ties between the WE Charity organization and the prime minister’s family. And for most of the time since the last federal election way back in the fall of 2019, the PM has prevented Parliament from convening in-person to scrutinize is government.

So why is Justin Trudeau calling an election, expected to be announced Sunday? The only reason is the Liberals think there is a good chance they could grasp even more power with a majority and be even less accountable to Parliament and Canadians. The rest of this article at the above LINK.

Well Kids....sounds like JT has wandered over from the Parliamentary Cottage to Rideau Hall for tea with the Newest GG....according to the radio he's there right now....

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Conservative Party under fire from own members over 'tasteless' Trudeau ad
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 14, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • 164 Comments
A Conservative Party ad has Justin Trudeau's head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
A Conservative Party ad has Justin Trudeau's head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." PHOTO BY CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF CANADA /Twitter screengrab
Article content
TORONTO — The Conservative Party was criticized by some of its own members on Saturday for a “tasteless” ad put out targeting Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, a day before he is expected to call an election in the hope of securing a majority in Parliament.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“The only reason for an election is because Trudeau wants a majority,” reads the tagline of the 37-second ad released on Friday.

The video shows Trudeau’s head pasted on top of Veruca Salt, a character from the 1971 film “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” in which she throws a fit for not getting what she wants.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The ad drew anger online, with some viewers calling it tasteless. Later, some Conservative members of parliament expressed their dissatisfaction.

Todd Doherty, a British Columbia MP wrote on Twitter that expected the Conservative Party to be better: “This is embarrassing.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) was not available for an immediate comment.

Trudeau is planning a snap election for Sept. 20 and is expected to make the announcement on Sunday, Reuters reported this week, as the ruling Liberals push for a vote two years ahead of schedule.

A survey by Abacus on Thursday put the Liberals at 37% and the Conservatives at 28%.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

In this file photo taken on June 15, 2021 Prime Minister Justin Trudeau gives a press conference following a meeting with European council president and EU commission president as part of the EU-Canada summit in Brussels.
GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau should vote against himself in this election
GETTY
KINSELLA: As Delta variant surges, what will Trudeau's ballot question be?

“Well, I suspect I was never getting your vote, but I agree that video is dumb. Sadly they don’t ask me my opinion on these things…,” Ontario CPC MP Scott Aitchison wrote on Twitter in response to a reader who asked whether the ad would get people to vote for the Conservatives.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
On Saturday, the Liberal Party released its own ad, featuring Trudeau.

“Let’s think even bigger Canada. Let’s be relentless. Let’s keep moving forward, for everyone,” Trudeau said in the minute-long spot.
View attachment 9682
You would have thought that they learned from the ads they had of "He's not ready" - that didn't work at all (even tho' he's STILL not ready) but people perceived that as not being very "nice". So, even if there is some truth, one must make sure they attack policies, not personalities.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This election is going to be a bit of a conundrum since I have no one to vote for. I will not vote for any party whose leader comes from east of Manitoba, since they will just screw the west even more. Hopefully wither Wexit, an independent, or libertarians run a candidate here.
I onece voted for the Pirate Party since their candidate was the only one that told the truth at the all candidates meeting here.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
20 September, apparently.
OTTAWA—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau plunged Canada into a federal election campaign on Sunday after Gov. Gen. Mary Simon agreed to dissolve Parliament and set voting day for Sept. 20. http://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...stin-trudeau-will-call-an-election-today.html

The official start of the 36-day summertime campaign ends weeks of speculation about whether Trudeau would pull the plug on the 43rd parliament he called “dysfunctional” while claiming he did not want an election until Canada got through the COVID-19 pandemic that is now seeing a fourth wave of infections.

In May, Trudeau voted with nearly all MPs against a pandemic election. At that time he said “nobody wants an election before the end of this pandemic.”

• Sad
Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OTTAWA—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau plunged Canada into a federal election campaign on Sunday after Gov. Gen. Mary Simon agreed to dissolve Parliament and set voting day for Sept. 20. http://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...stin-trudeau-will-call-an-election-today.html

The official start of the 36-day summertime campaign ends weeks of speculation about whether Trudeau would pull the plug on the 43rd parliament he called “dysfunctional” while claiming he did not want an election until Canada got through the COVID-19 pandemic that is now seeing a fourth wave of infections.

In May, Trudeau voted with nearly all MPs against a pandemic election. At that time he said “nobody wants an election before the end of this pandemic.”
Of course but do you expect his bought and paid for media will remind the people ?

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nope. I noticed CBC is already pimping Trudeau.
I try to pull my new sources from a variety of different places to get an idea of different opinions. If I’m trying to find the extreme left leaning apologetic side of things…. the CBC is the go to….

I read new stories from the right and the left and what comes across as the centre.
I will read stuff from this forum and from Reddit also.

yesterday morning after this announcement on Reddit there was already 2200 comments and when I skimmed the first 150 or 200 it was amazing how many people (Young people I’m assuming from eastern Canada) stated that they were pissed off this was happening at all and that they were going to vote NDP…. Now whether or not those people get off their couches or is anybody’s guess but we will figure that one out in about 35 days give or take due to mail in votes….