Six men charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. 😲

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Illegal sale of explosives. I don't know the rules where you are but here you can only sell explosives to a licensed blaster that has an explosives magazine license. Or how about conspiracy to commit a crime? If he was going to sell the explosives knowing they were going to be used for illegal purposes or to someone he knows does not have the proper license would make him just as guilty.
Did he have any explosives? Did he sell them? Or did he just say he had explosives?

Can't have conspiracy to commit a crime if you don't intend to commit a crime.

Nice tries, though.

Reactions: Serryah

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Did he have any explosives? Did he sell them? Or did he just say he had explosives?

Can't have conspiracy to commit a crime if you don't intend to commit a crime.

Nice tries, though.
If he didn't have any to sell then the guy he was setting up can't be guilty of purchasing explosives either. How do we know he didn't intend to commit a crime? After all he was trrying to sell explosives.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If he didn't have any to sell then the guy he was setting up can't be guilty of purchasing explosives either. How do we know he didn't intend to commit a crime? After all he was trrying to sell explosives.
You're absolutely correct. I guess we'll just have to charge him with attempting to purchase explosives.

Heh-heh. You want to prosecute a man based on what you don't know. Sound legal theory there!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Another domestic terrorism case falling apart at the seems

Judge tosses terrorism threat charge against 3 accused in alleged Whitmer plot

Three men accused in an alleged plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will not face charges of false report or threat of terrorism, a Jackson County judge ruled Monday.

Pete Musico

Judge Michael Klaeren of 12th District Court in Jackson dismissed the charge against Joseph Morrison, 26, and Pete Musico, 43, both of Munith, and declined a request by prosecutors to add it to the charges against Paul Bellar, 22, of Milford.

Klaeren also on Monday ordered Bellar, Morrison and Musico to stand trial on three remaining charges, gang membership and providing material support for terrorism, both punishable by up to 20 years in prison, as well as felony firearm, punishable by up to two years in prison.

Morrison, Musico and Bellar are among seven men accused of having ties to the militia group Wolverine Watchmen and are charged in the alleged plot. The others include Shawn Fix of Belleville, Eric Molitor of Cadillac, Michael Null of Plainwell and William Null of Shelbyville. The men had faced a total of 19 felony charges for firearms and terror-related acts.

After onboarding new members through mediums such as Facebook, the group's conversations took place in encrypted chats. The limited nature of those chats is why the terror threat charge was dismissed, Klaeren said.

"There has to be some form of intent here to incite mayhem," said Klaeren.

Joseph Morrison

Klaeren added that an encrypted communication network, not accessible to the general public, was "in many respects no different than thinking the thought to yourself."

"One does not need to participate in all acts of a conspiracy," Klaeren said, after hearing arguments from prosecutors and defense attorneys. "One does not even need to know all the co-conspirators."

The terror threat charge carried a possible penalty of 20 years in prison.,,,,Much more in the article

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Another domestic terrorism case falling apart at the seems

Judge tosses terrorism threat charge against 3 accused in alleged Whitmer plot

Three men accused in an alleged plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will not face charges of false report or threat of terrorism, a Jackson County judge ruled Monday.

Pete Musico

Judge Michael Klaeren of 12th District Court in Jackson dismissed the charge against Joseph Morrison, 26, and Pete Musico, 43, both of Munith, and declined a request by prosecutors to add it to the charges against Paul Bellar, 22, of Milford.

Klaeren also on Monday ordered Bellar, Morrison and Musico to stand trial on three remaining charges, gang membership and providing material support for terrorism, both punishable by up to 20 years in prison, as well as felony firearm, punishable by up to two years in prison.

Morrison, Musico and Bellar are among seven men accused of having ties to the militia group Wolverine Watchmen and are charged in the alleged plot. The others include Shawn Fix of Belleville, Eric Molitor of Cadillac, Michael Null of Plainwell and William Null of Shelbyville. The men had faced a total of 19 felony charges for firearms and terror-related acts.

After onboarding new members through mediums such as Facebook, the group's conversations took place in encrypted chats. The limited nature of those chats is why the terror threat charge was dismissed, Klaeren said.

"There has to be some form of intent here to incite mayhem," said Klaeren.

Joseph Morrison

Klaeren added that an encrypted communication network, not accessible to the general public, was "in many respects no different than thinking the thought to yourself."

"One does not need to participate in all acts of a conspiracy," Klaeren said, after hearing arguments from prosecutors and defense attorneys. "One does not even need to know all the co-conspirators."

The terror threat charge carried a possible penalty of 20 years in prison.,,,,Much more in the article

Maybe the Governor should'a been kidnapped and executed then, just so the proof was there.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If it is disgusting to joke about rape what would the best description be when joking about murder?

Well if you can get away with joking about rape, I guess everything is off the table, huh?

But who says I was joking? I'm just for once being part of the crowd here wishing the Governor had been killed.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well if you can get away with joking about rape, I guess everything is off the table, huh?

But who says I was joking? I'm just for once being part of the crowd here wishing the Governor had been killed.
That would make you about the only one hoping the gov got murdered. The rest of us see that as letting her off far to light.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

You're a Michigan Watchman supporter? Even the threat to her life narrative is falling apart

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You're a Michigan Watchman supporter? Even the threat to her life narrative is falling apart

Absolutely not.

But again, the only thing y'all seem to believe is that the only way to prove she was actually under threat was if she had just died like the good girl she should be. The threat to her life narrative isn't falling apart, if you read the article the terrorism part has. That they spoke under code and such doesn't mean they didn't plan to kill her.

Personally I don't actually know if there was a plot to murder her. Kidnap, that's possible but murder her, I don't know.