Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
And yet there are no hours restrictions on local haul. Log truck drivers regularly put in 16 hr days. Even dump trucks we would do 12 hr days, sometimes mor 14 days at a stretch.

...and that is coming to an end backs of the number of fatality accidents..

So you agree with people driving long hours to the point of being dangerous on the road.. Okay.. very irresponsible of you.

The highway to Fort McMurray and beyond goes by many names – Suicide 63, Highway of Death, Hell's Highway. It's a well-earned reputation

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Only good think out of this incident is Canada is bringing in Electronic Logs..

Canada to mandate e-logs and Electronic Stability Control for new trucks

That will stop cheaters like this and huge fines and stripping companies of their Authority to run in Canada.

I think this is good. I would also think that if a trucker is caught breaking his time, the company he works for should be punished as well. The first time, maybe a fine. The second time in a year maybe lift their license for all their trucks. I think the log abuse is likely not isolated and done by many truckers.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He committed a crime.. and killed people..

Send him on his way.

But I wanted to see him rot in jail for life, I guess rotting in India works too.

If I had a family member on that bus... the minute this guy walked free, I would have shot him dead.

He will serve his 8 years in Canada. Deportation would only happen after his release. I am not saying he should get off scott free. I just think deportation is not appropriate.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
He will serve his 8 years in Canada. Deportation would only happen after his release. I am not saying he should get off scott free. I just think deportation is not appropriate.

Well it's to late to bumps his time to 16 years or life.. so kick his ass out.. Buh Bye..

I personally hope they are successful in deportation of this guy..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
...and that is coming to an end backs of the number of fatality accidents..
So you agree with people driving long hours to the point of being dangerous on the road.. Okay.. very irresponsible of you.
The highway to Fort McMurray and beyond goes by many names – Suicide 63, Highway of Death, Hell's Highway. It's a well-earned reputation
I don’t agree with it, but it is the only way to make any money. I was one of very few truck owners that was happy with inspections. Mostly because it would make the rest of the trucks in the area be maintained like mine were.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
26-6.jpg

The last photo taken of the team before some truck driver who decided to cheat on his log book and continue to drive past the allowed hours stated by the Government of Canada, 13 hours driving per day..

The fatigued the driver failed at a stop sign and killing 16 people.

Drowsy Driving IS Worse Than Drunk Driving​

• Sad
Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
View attachment 7224

The last photo taken of the team before some truck driver who decided to cheat on his log book and continue to drive past the allowed hours stated by the Government of Canada, 13 hours driving per day..

The fatigued the driver failed at a stop sign and killing 16 people.

Drowsy Driving IS Worse Than Drunk Driving​

Maybe so, but pretty well all of us have been guilty of that at some point, but such tragic results happen once in tens of millions of times. Sadly this type of event and others similar will continue to happen and there is no realistic way to prevent it. It can happen in a circumstance where you drive around a curve and all of a sudden the sun is right in your eyes at the same time a kid on a bicycle is entering the roadway. It comes under the heading of shit happens. How much blame is it realistic to attached to the truck driver (whose mind may have been preoccupied on figuring out how to feed his kids)?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Maybe so, but pretty well all of us have been guilty of that at some point, but such tragic results happen once in tens of millions of times. Sadly this type of event and others similar will continue to happen and there is no realistic way to prevent it. It can happen in a circumstance where you drive around a curve and all of a sudden the sun is right in your eyes at the same time a kid on a bicycle is entering the roadway. It comes under the heading of shit happens. How much blame is it realistic to attached to the truck driver (whose mind may have been preoccupied on figuring out how to feed his kids)?

JLM.. are you frigging retarded..

I'm a truck driver.. those log books are in place for a reason.. in Canada you are not allowed to drive over 13 hours in a day.. in the USA 11 hours.

The LAWS are there for a reason.. because unlike a gun.. I have 80,000 LBS I'm driving down the road and can kill as many as one with a loaded gun, if not more.

In the USA they don't fuck around with this crap.. and you can go to jail.. it's because of the seriousness of the situation and stats.

Glad the guy was deported.. but wish he had more jail time.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

I'm a truck driver.. those log books are in place for a reason.. in Canada you are not allowed to drive over 13 hours in a day.. in the USA 11 hours.

The LAWS are there for a reason.. because unlike a gun.. I have 80,000 LBS I'm driving down the road and can kill as many as one with a loaded gun, if not more.

In the USA they don't fuck around with this crap.. and you can go to jail.. it's because of the seriousness of the situation and stats.

JLM wants to blame the guy's kids (do we even know if he has kids?) for making him think about them while not doing his job.

But you know, as he is living proof - idiots happen!

lol

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I agree with all that, but still the guy really committed the same 'crime' millions of others commit, but with much more serious results. There is still nothing that can happen to that guy that will change anything, that's already happened. I didn't realize he'd been deported yet! Thought he was still in jail.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I agree with all that, but still the guy really committed the same 'crime' millions of others commit, but with much more serious results. There is still nothing that can happen to that guy that will change anything, that's already happened. I didn't realize he'd been deported yet! Thought he was still in jail.

NO!!! Millions of other Truck drivers do not drive over their legal limit..

What I think you are missing is Truck Drivers are regulated by the government. Truck Drivers can only drive up to 13 hours in 1 24 hour period.

log_book.jpg

These rules are in place for "COMMERCIAL" Drivers..

The same kind of rules are in place for Pilots, Naval Captains, Locomotive Engineers ... of course Truck Drivers don't get a fancy title and are pretty much shit on by everyone on the road.

So next time you go flying, make sure to tell your Pilot, "it's okay to break the rules.. millions do it." 😂😂

Shit next time I go flying.. I'm going to drop a brick out my window onto your home.. eh but millions do it.