CDN Election 2019

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think it is Trudeau who will be on the defensive if he even shows up . It seems some information is surfacing regarding his time teaching at the Vancouver school . Rumours are starting that he abruptly left his position after it surfaced that he was in sexual relations with a 17 year old student . Should make for an interesting debate , but I will watch the football game instead .

Football game?? Now if it was hockey, I could see it! :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think it is Trudeau who will be on the defensive if he even shows up . It seems some information is surfacing regarding his time teaching at the Vancouver school . Rumours are starting that he abruptly left his position after it surfaced that he was in sexual relations with a 17 year old student . Should make for an interesting debate , but I will watch the football game instead .

I wish Scheer would be a stronger candidate, but so far at least he hasn't engaged (to my knowledge) in the corruption and bull shit that "little potato" has engaged in so that should tell the electorate something!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Football game?? Now if it was hockey, I could see it! :)
Hockey night in Canada was last night ,watched the Canucks lose as they start the new season with the same trouble as last year , the inability to score . Sunday is NFL football and golf , and Monday nights are again for football and have been since Howard Cossell .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I wish Scheer would be a stronger candidate, but so far at least he hasn't engaged (to my knowledge) in the corruption and bull shit that "little potato" has engaged in so that should tell the electorate something!
He is uninspiring, as boring as Harper but not sure he is as smart .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Yeah I don't understand why they are allowing the Libs. to hang around by debating them over race, abortion, sexual orientation issues. Go for the throat that would piss off all Canadians Mark Norman would get Quebecers on board, SNC-Lavalin and the expulsion of 2 female cabinet ministers would piss off the whole country. What's his Lib. that gave his family a lucrative fishing license off the East coast, now in the news about corruption again, Tanker ban, shut down the Oilsands, buying a pipeline, shutdown North sea drilling. There is enough major scandals to bring this Gov. down to non status that he doesn't have to play petty politics, broke the ethics law not once but twice, embarrassed the nation not once but twice once in India, the other in China over progressive rights in a trade agreement.

Like common Git "R" Dun

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hockey night in Canada was last night ,watched the Canucks lose as they start the new season with the same trouble as last year , the inability to score . Sunday is NFL football and golf , and Monday nights are again for football and have been since Howard Cossell .

Hah, that was your mistake! I don't usually watch the Canucks until 10 games in and then only if they are .500 or better at that time. I've found over the years that the first game of the season for many teams goes contrary to the rest of the season. Maybe something to do with guts and determination only lasting so long!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah I don't understand why they are allowing the Libs. to hang around by debating them over race, abortion, sexual orientation issues. Go for the throat that would piss off all Canadians Mark Norman would get Quebecers on board, SNC-Lavalin and the expulsion of 2 female cabinet ministers would piss off the whole country. What's his Lib. that gave his family a lucrative fishing license off the East coast, now in the news about corruption again, Tanker ban, shut down the Oilsands, buying a pipeline, shutdown North sea drilling. There is enough major scandals to bring this Gov. down to non status that he doesn't have to play petty politics, broke the ethics law not once but twice, embarrassed the nation not once but twice once in India, the other in China over progressive rights in a trade agreement.

Like common Git "R" Dun

Maybe those are the "hammers" you want to bring down in the last week before the election! His treatment of Jody and Jane Philpott should be enough to turn off all decent Canadians!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hah, that was your mistake! I don't usually watch the Canucks until 10 games in and then only if they are .500 or better at that time. I've found over the years that the first game of the season for many teams goes contrary to the rest of the season. Maybe something to do with guts and determination only lasting so long!
Yes , I haven’t paid much attention to hockey for a few years , however some of the young Canucks have spurred my interest this year . That may not last .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Maybe those are the "hammers" you want to bring down in the last week before the election! His treatment of Jody and Jane Philpott should be enough to turn off all decent Canadians!
If the sex scandal has legs Trudeau may be stepping down , putting Freeland in the hot seat . The Globe and Mail apparently have the story but have been blocked by court injunction from printing . Interesting times .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The last time they had a team was 1994.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If the sex scandal has legs Trudeau may be stepping down , putting Freeland in the hot seat . The Globe and Mail apparently have the story but have been blocked by court injunction from printing . Interesting times .
Is that because of the NDA with Point Grey and protecting the victim?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Fiscal conservatives like me should be easy money for the Conservatives. Trudeau is the worst PM in Canadian history. If the Conservatives would stick to fiscal conservative ideals and punt the social conservative wingnuts (aka Trumpites) this election would be a slam dunk. I'll probably vote for an independent or mark my ballot "none of the above"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Fiscal conservatives like me should be easy money for the Conservatives. Trudeau is the worst PM in Canadian history. If the Conservatives would stick to fiscal conservative ideals and punt the social conservative wingnuts (aka Trumpites) this election would be a slam dunk. I'll probably vote for an independent or mark my ballot "none of the above"
Amen.

Unfortunately, the Social Conservatives truly believe that their world view is widespread in this country but it's not.

Get ready for another Liberal government.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Amen.
Unfortunately, the Social Conservatives truly believe that their world view is widespread in this country but it's not.
Get ready for another Liberal government.

It's worse than that. Younger generations have not traditionally voted. They are getting off their asses now (mostly due to Trump) and they are far more left-wing. I suspect I'll be moving to Mexico full time in the not to distant future

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I disagree, in 2011 they won the President's Trophy and then went on to play the 7th game in the fourth round of the playoffs only to be beaten by a miserable cheating fcuking Boston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Vancouver_Canucks_season

It's ironic that quite often when some ignorant pr! ck tries to discredit you, he makes himself look like a far bigger idiot - meanwhile, carry on, I derive a lot of enjoyment just watching it. :) :)