Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
posted by Colpy:" It certainly was not meant to portray a bunch of gun owners walking around with guns in their pockets with no order or purpose other than to serve a personal ego boost.

Do you realize how dumb you sound? You are saying that somewhere between the declaration of independance and the 2nd ammendment, the founding fathers of the USA no longer wanted the people empowered to rise up against a tyranical government.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm sorry, but your stats are bullshit.
There are countries, as I have pointed out repeatedly, that are both advanced and have worse murder rates than the USA.
In fact, even the recently rising US murder rate is below the world average.
And there are many countries on the UN list of high or very highly developed nations that have murder rates higher than the USA.
Check your "facts"
The "fact" is that the USA is a fukced up, violent mess and just because you can find afew other countries that are in worse shape, does not make them "good".

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
posted by Colpy:"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."I

Decent gun contol does not infringe. Accept that "Arms" or "a well regulated militia and security of a free state" has not changed...ie Arms in past times could mean anything from a single shot rifle to a pitch fork now means anything from a nuclear bomb to a baseball bat; just as a" WELL regulated Militia" now means in most of the world, a country's army and that a "militia" of previous times meant a small force formed by local towns. This discription now bears more resemblance to a town's police force or a country's army, It certainly was not meant to portray a bunch of gun owners walking around with guns in their pockets with no order or purpose other than to serve a personal ego boost.

You do understand the dangerous precedent inherent in that argument?

If the Second Amendment only protects the citizen's right to keep and bear a musket, then the First Amendment only protects speech shouted from a podium, written long hand, or printed on a very rudimentary printing press.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The problem with guns in America is with the legal system.

That is what has to be fixed and that is what is being fixed.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The "fact" is that the USA is a fukced up, violent mess and just because you can find afew other countries that are in worse shape, does not make them "good".
The U.S. rate is more than 20 times the rate of Australia, France, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), Israel, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Poland and Slovenia. The U.S. rate firearm-related deaths is closer to 10 or 16 times the rates of countries such as Austria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand and Spain.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
The problem with guns in America is with the legal system.
That is what has to be fixed and that is what is being fixed.

Clearly, you should spend more time in a thread about the US legal system, and less time passing down stupid comments to Canadian sportsmen.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The U.S. rate is more than 20 times the rate of Australia, France, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), Israel, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Poland and Slovenia. The U.S. rate firearm-related deaths is closer to 10 or 16 times the rates of countries such as Austria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand and Spain.

Dimwit:

As has been explained to you on numerous occasions, the use of "gun related" murder stats only is a perversion of the truth used by anti-liberty fascists (heh, that's fun!) to mislead the uncaring and ignorant.

One more time:

If I have available a can of gasoline and a match, a baseball bat, a length of wire, a Studebaker, some drain cleaner, a rock, a sharp stick, a pillow, a kitchen knife, a bathtub, my fists and feet, and an AR 15 rifle, and I decide to kill someone...........I would probably use the AR 15.

If I don't have an AR 15......................any of the other items will do.

And are used. In fact, fists and feet and knives are used more often than any rifle to kill in the USA.

That said, handguns are by far the weapon most often used.............and they are used more often in legal defense than offense.

So stow your bullshit.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

BTW this: The U.S. rate is more than 20 times the rate of Australia, France, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), Israel, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Poland and Slovenia is simply unadulterated bullshit.

The murder rate in the USA is 5.35 per 100,000.

To be a murder rate 1/20th or less than the USA a country would have to have a murder rate less than 0.267 per 100,000.

Australia: .44

France: 1.35

UK: 1.2

Israel: 1.36 (and people there carry guns)

South Korea: 0.7

Japan: 0.28 (close, but no cigar)

Norway: .51

Poland: 0.67

Slovenia: 0.48

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

NOT ONE of the countries you list matches your claim.

I think you need to brush up on your math.

After you grow a brain.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Go shove your anti Americanism up your rear end . Canadian loser .Poor little George jealous of American exceptionalism.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
BTW this: The U.S. rate is more than 20 times the rate of Australia, France, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern0Ireland), Israel, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Poland and Slovenia is simply unadulterated bullshit.
To be a murder rate 1/20th or less than the USA a country would have to have a murder rate less than 0.267 per 100,000.
After you grow a brain.

I think he is a LIE-beral.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Colpy, You must remember that old Heinz commercial from the 60's that ended with the tag line...

"You can't tell a Heinz pickle nuthin"
I kinda like this one
""Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Colpy, You must remember that old Heinz commercial from the 60's that ended with the tag line...

"You can't tell a Heinz pickle nuthin"
I kinda like this one
""Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway."

Now, if you can only get Hoid and Curious Canadian agreeing with you, you'll be getting somewhere!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
BTW this: The U.S. rate is more than 20 times the rate of Australia, France, the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), Israel, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Poland and Slovenia is simply unadulterated bullshit.

After you grow a brain.
Nobody mentioned murder rates, Einstein.

The topic is death by guns.

Do try to work up some new material.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
US gun deaths reach record high in 2017

...39,773 people died by guns in 2017, which is an increase of more than 10,000 deaths from the 28,874 in 1999. The age-adjusted rate of firearm deaths per 100,000 people rose from 10.3 per 100,000 in 1999 to 12 per 100,000 in 2017....

https://www.theroot.com/gun-deaths-in-us-at-record-high-nra-says-chill-on-gun-1831080159
See?

Do everyone a favor and leave this discussion to those who have something to say about it.

You are on record as saying there is no solution, therefore you have had your little say and you can move on to other important matters.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Yes, they value equality of outcome so much they are prepared to compromise equal rights and equal opportunity

Just like the way you avoid admitting that I am not a liberal.It makes you look like a dumbass.

======================================================================================================

Oh you LIE-BERAL dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you diverge from the other LIE-berals on gun control does not make you SOMETHING OTHER THAN LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erwin Rommel was NOT a member of Nazi party but he fought hard enough for them and that made him a Nazi target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are DANGEROUS because they demand the right to EDIT OUR HISTORY to HIDE THEIR SINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like YOU DO Bondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have conveniently FORGOTTEN that you threatened several times to have me BANNED from commenting on this site because

you claimed I had violated the LYING LIE-beral interpretation of "fair usage" policy created by clever propaganda meisters at CBC to

LIMIT PUBLIC COMMENT that was not friendly to your beloved LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt you have conveniently "FORGOTTEN YOUR VARIOUS THREATENING MESSAGES that I should be silent or face legal action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been caught out and called out on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now your "defense" is to deny it ever happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are just like the LIE-beral - NOT LIE-beral senators that Our idiot Boy Justin has MAGICALLY CREATED simply by taking away their long held LIE-beral party cards- with a wink and a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WE ALL KNOW ITS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They ARE STILL LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral policy MIGHT magically become more acceptable to the general public if LIE-berals STOPPED using so very many LIES to support their policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me flying off the handle????????????????????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me ask you ONE SIMPLE QUESTION: "Will Our idiot Boy Justin allow the building of the Kinder Morgan pipeline or not"?

It is a straight forward question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All it needs is a YES OR NO answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why dont we have that answer?????????????????

Our idiot Boy has told us that he wants to kill the entire Alberta oil patch - snd he has also told us he considers completing Kinder Morgan is in the NATIONAL INTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So which Trudope statement is the lie???????????????????????????

This why I comment so often- BECAUSE YOU LIE-BERALS play so fast and loose with truth and OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Nobody mentioned murder rates, Einstein.
The topic is death by guns.
Do try to work up some new material.

The UK doesn't track death by guns, they only track murder convictions by gun. Do try to keep up with the material that you are using.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Yes, they value equality of outcome so much they are prepared to compromise equal rights and equal opportunity

Just like the way you avoid admitting that I am not a liberal.It makes you look like a dumbass.
======================================================================================================
Oh you LIE-BERAL dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you diverge from the other LIE-berals on gun control does not make you SOMETHING OTHER THAN LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erwin Rommel was NOT a member of Nazi party but he fought hard enough for them and that made him a Nazi target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-berals are DANGEROUS because they demand the right to EDIT OUR HISTORY to HIDE THEIR SINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like YOU DO Bondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have conveniently FORGOTTEN that you threatened several times to have me BANNED from commenting on this site because
you claimed I had violated the LYING LIE-beral interpretation of "fair usage" policy created by clever propaganda meisters at CBC to
LIMIT PUBLIC COMMENT that was not friendly to your beloved LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No doubt you have conveniently "FORGOTTEN YOUR VARIOUS THREATENING MESSAGES that I should be silent or face legal action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have been caught out and called out on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And now your "defense" is to deny it ever happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you are just like the LIE-beral - NOT LIE-beral senators that Our idiot Boy Justin has MAGICALLY CREATED simply by taking away their long held LIE-beral party cards- with a wink and a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And WE ALL KNOW ITS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They ARE STILL LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-beral policy MIGHT magically become more acceptable to the general public if LIE-berals STOPPED using so very many LIES to support their policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for me flying off the handle????????????????????????????????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me ask you ONE SIMPLE QUESTION: "Will Our idiot Boy Justin allow the building of the Kinder Morgan pipeline or not"?
It is a straight forward question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All it needs is a YES OR NO answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So why dont we have that answer?????????????????
Our idiot Boy has told us that he wants to kill the entire Alberta oil patch - snd he has also told us he considers completing Kinder Morgan is in the NATIONAL INTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So which Trudope statement is the lie???????????????????????????
This why I comment so often- BECAUSE YOU LIE-BERALS play so fast and loose with truth and OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious question, STB, and if you want to be a pussy, just go ahead and don't answer it.

On a scale of 0 - 100( 100 being awesome) where do you perceive your posts to be?