Marijuana will be legal in September 2018

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I had to visit a government building just this morning. It stunk of tobacco smoke at each entrance: does the Federal government require staff to smoke or something? Anyway, just wait till pot is legal and then having to enter a government building.
Go steam some fish .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is a lot talk about the push for total expungement of the records which would wipe them from the systems that both sides use to check us out. The pardon is just a step on the way but a very necessary step.

Canada does not have a great record with respect to taking people off of lists. I'm thinking specifically of the national gun registry that was supposedly wiped out and destroyed and thrown away, etc... and yet would rear it's ugly head repeatedly for years because law-enforcement just couldn't follow the law and dispose of the damn thing. Just because somebody has been cleared of a criminal offence from days gone by, I am assuming it's going to leave some kind of a trail on their criminal record which CBP already has access to through CPIC. If they have the access to any other US government agency in the alphabet soup of monickers (CIA, FBI, DEA, ICE, etc...) will also have access to it so it's all just optics and bullshit and feel good political malarkey. Forgiven or expunged in Canada does not change the fact that a criminal offence has happened. I believe that is what CBP will look at. Does anybody really believe that the United States of America give a rat's backside as to whether or not Canada has forgiven a criminal in Canada when they are trying to enter the US ???

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Perhaps CBP will weigh offences differently based on the date of 10/17/18 (pre & post). Cannabis offences after October 17 , 2018 might be looked at in a lessor light, compared to criminal offences when marijuana was still illegal in Canada so that forgiven or expunged these people were still criminals committing crimes Who are trying to enter the US. Only time will tell at this point.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
THC-infused genital spray mislabelled as oral product at Ontario Cannabis Store
Canadian Press
Published:
October 17, 2018
Updated:
October 17, 2018 8:23 PM EDT
(Getty Images)
TORONTO — A perusal of the Ontario Cannabis Store’s online portal on the first day of legalization turned up an array of expected products — various strains of dried weed, oils and tinctures, and accessories needed to use them.
But also on offer is a cannabis-infused “intimate” spray, marketed under the enticingly named Fleur de Lune, which contains eight milligrams of the psychoactive ingredient THC, as well as the cannabinoid CBD.
The only problem is that the Ontario Cannabis Store had initially mislabelled how to apply the product, saying it was for “sublingual” use, which means under the tongue — in other words, orally.
In fact, the spray made by Hexo Corp. is meant to be applied on the genitals, “particularly for women,” to reduce such symptoms as inflammation and pain, said Terry Lake, the Quebec-based company’s vice-president of corporate social responsibility.
“We always knew there was going to be bumps along the road, no country has done this to this extent,” Lake said of Canada’s roll-out of legalized pot.
“It’s a product like many that are used today for intimate areas of the body, but it should be labelled as such … obviously there’s a mistake there that needs to be corrected, so we certainly will be following up with them to ensure that the right information is being given to consumers.” (As of publication, the product description had not been corrected.)
Asked Wednesday by reporters at the Ontario Legislature if the intimate spray is an appropriate product for the province to be selling, Finance Minister Vic Fedeli would only say: “We’ll leave it to the Ontario Cannabis Store to continue to put products out there that the people of Ontario are looking forward to purchasing.”
The 30-millilitre bottle of Fleur de Lune Intimate Spray, which has been approved by Health Canada, sells online for $82.95 and yields about 300 shots of mist.
Fleur de Lune Intimate Spray Ontario Cannabis Store / Supplied
“The thing about cannabis is that one of the largest areas of concentrations of cannabinoid receptors in the body is in fact the skin,” Lake said Wednesday from Gatineau, Que.
How much of the spray a consumer should use at a given time is an individual decision, he said, “because when it comes to cannabis “everyone is different.”
“So there is no one dose that’s right for any one particular person … Everybody responds to cannabis in a different way, and it may be because genetically you respond differently. It may be because you haven’t used cannabis before, so you have a different tolerance level.”
LEGALIZATION DAY: Pot demand draws lineups, heavy web traffic
Feds face pressure to wipe criminal records for pot
100 pot orders per minute on Canadian Shopify-powered cannabis sites
Canada Post says pot delivery will roll out smoothly
POT ART: Ottawa artist creates cannabis sculptures
That’s why the marijuana industry advises consumers “to start low and go slow,” Lake added. “See how you respond to the low dose and then go up gradually as you understand the effect it’s having on your body.”
However, one critical aspect to note is that the cannabis-based spray is made with MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil, which reacts chemically with latex — the substance from which most condoms are made.
As condoms are used to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, “you would have to be very careful,” suggested Lake.
http://ocs.ca/products/fleur-de-lune-intimate-spray#/verify-age/success
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/th...led-as-oral-product-at-ontario-cannabis-store

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Conservatives hint they won’t look to reverse cannabis legalization if elected

As the clock ticked down towards cannabis legalization, Conservatives have been the fiercest critics of the government's approach.
But as Canadians marked the first legal sales of marijuana on Oct. 17, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer hinted his party will not seek to shut down the fledgling multi-billion-dollar market if elected next fall
At the same time, he said there remained flaws with the current system.
“We’re going to propose changes to the regime based on the feedback we see," Scheer said when asked specifically if he would reverse legalization.
Scheer has previously stressed that the party needed to be "realistic" about how it approached the issue of cannabis legalization.
In an interview with Global News' The West Block in 2017, he said dismantling the system after it becomes legal would not be an easy task.
“So we have to be very realistic as a party as to what we’re promising Canadians going into the 2019 election,” he said.
“If this is something that has been legal for a period of time, it’s going to be very difficult to say, ‘Hey, we’re going to make this illegal again.’”
Conservative MP Michael Cooper, who is one of the party's justice critics, also said earlier in the day the focus shouldn't be on whether to reverse legalization.
Instead, it should be on identifying how to make the system work better.
"Now that legalization is here, it’s here to stay," he said.
"It’s not a matter of rolling back legalization. It’s a matter of 'How do we fix some of the gaps?'"
The value of the legal cannabis market is predicted to hit $6.5 billion by 2020.
It is also expected to create about 120,000 jobs in Canada after its first year.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
They could appeal to both sides this way, and regulate it to death if they choose once in power if they want to get rid of it, make taxpayers decide.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Justin Trudeau: Yes, he inhaled, and no, he’s not apologizing

“I do not consume cannabis. I am not a big consumer at all. I tried it… I’ve never tried other types of hard drugs. I am not a consumer of marijuana but, yes, I’ve already tried it. I used it — maybe five or six times in my life.” - Trudeau, 2013

"I've said many times that I'm uhhh not uhhh...not a drug user...uhh..I uhh don't drink much alcohol. I dont drink coffee." - Trudeau, 2018

"The first (goal) is to protect our kids. Right now we know that young people have easier access to marijuana than just about any other illicit substance. It's easier to buy a joint for a teenager than it is to buy a bottle of beer. That's not right," - Trudeau, 2017

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Glad to see they finally got their poop in a group and made sure the legislation would be the same across the country.
It would make no sense to have different rules from one province to the next just because some asshat puritan politician in one province doesn't like the "devil's weed" and watches reruns of the 1930's movie "Reefer Madness" every Friday night to reassure themselves they're on the right side of Jesus.

Someone hasn’t been paying attention

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Except everybody who buys a ticket is an instant winner and could care less what happens to the money after that.