Marijuana will be legal in September 2018

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Might be Kamloops........as that is where the only brick and mortar dispensing service will be in BC for a while. Alberta is the only one that has several . One province ( forget which one) is e-pot only. Plenty of jobs in the delivery service..;-)

Canada Post is the Official Delivery Service right now, & Gov't owned. Who would'a thunk it.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
One of the unexpected issues is travel to the US. Not sure how the border patrol will frame tehir questions....... and wonder if the same applies to alcohol........
Not that travel to the US is all that appealing anymore. Gov't issue time frames as guildines only......... they are not fixed in stone. Folks should know that by now.

Here's the issue. You get snagged at the US border (port of entry, airport, port, etc...) and just admit that at some point you smoked this weed. What info is shared Nation to Nation? Does a US Border Guard have access to Canada's CPIC to check your criminal record? If the US places you on a 'No-Fly" list, how many other countries have access to that US list? If you get black-balled for the US, what other countries will have access to that same black-balling to also treat you in the same way based on an American decision? I think this is the door that has been opened and with the expanded shared information agency to agency and nation to nation since 9/11 people are going to get absolutely screwed over in totally unexpected ways.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just for the record, I'm not a dope smoker.
I think it smells like burning hair mixed with
a stench worse than burning hair. Not my
thing. I'd just a soon smell my own work boots
in July as someone's secondhand dope smoke
as the stink (in my opinion) is comparable.

My opinion above comes from being the DER
(Drug Enforcement Rep) for our company, as
well as the Compliance Officer & Safety
Supervisor for an international transport company.

I can see shit happening badly for a lot of harmless
people due to US exposure with consequences that
are in other countries that we don't even realize share
data bases with the USA.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Here's the issue. You get snagged at the US border (port of entry, airport, port, etc...) and just admit that at some point you smoked this weed. What info is shared Nation to Nation? Does a US Border Guard have access to Canada's CPIC to check your criminal record? If the US places you on a 'No-Fly" list, how many other countries have access to that US list? If you get black-balled for the US, what other countries will have access to that same black-balling to also treat you in the same way based on an American decision? I think this is the door that has been opened and with the expanded shared information agency to agency and nation to nation since 9/11 people are going to get absolutely screwed over in totally unexpected ways.
Excellent points.
If one does NOT partake. & does not intend to .......and says the same.......... will they be believed??.......The US is rather paranoid ..

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Just for the record, I'm not a dope smoker.
I think it smells like burning hair mixed with
a stench worse than burning hair. Not my
thing. I'd just a soon smell my own work boots
in July as someone's secondhand dope smoke
as the stink (in my opinion) is comparable.

My opinion above comes from being the DER
(Drug Enforcement Rep) for our company, as
well as the Compliance Officer & Safety
Supervisor for an international transport company.

I can see shit happening badly for a lot of harmless
people due to US exposure with consequences that
are in other countries that we don't even realize share
data bases with the USA.
For the record: I don't partake either. Can't stand the smell of the second hand dope smoke. Went to a
concert where the air was truly tainted by the stuff........ and could not wait for the show to end. (and I really do like Bryan Adams) ;-)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Excellent points.
If one does NOT partake. & does not intend to .......and says the same.......... will they be believed??.......The US is rather paranoid ..

Lets hope the border guard you happen to be dealing with is having a good day, and hasn't been burdened with his Mother-in-Law or Grandkids for the weekend, or has been fighting with her spouse, etc....or feels slighted in some way that you don't even realize. Do you have to be guilty of anything to have a border guard say, "No Soup For You!" and that's the end of that trip? The math says that a 70 year old was a teenager in the late '60's so where is their plausible deniability with respect to Marijuana use, and anyone younger than 70 years old was a teenager in the '60's or '70's or '80's and so on so the plausible deniability even if they've never touched the stuff really isn't there. If you lie to a customs agent its grounds for inadmissibility and do they have to prove that you're lying or suspect that you're lying to them?

Maybe you've done these drugs before and maybe
you haven't. Maybe you're 68yrs old and thus where
19yrs old in the summer 1969? Hmmmm........

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
even though I have loads of family in the US.......I have no intention of travelling there again. Used to travel there often........but things changed after 9 11 But that is just my own personal preference.Prefer various parts of Europe anyhow.;-)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This 'war'? They get paid billions by the taxpayers to fight black market drug trade. They get paid billions by the people that buy the drugs they import. Who would want to see that cash cow die? The people that run the whole Black Market are the same ones that control all the legal trade.

How do you see the war on illegal drugs being won under those conditions? The drug users must be incredibly smart to avoid being caught by our brightest people. Does that means doing drugs makes you smarter than people who don't? Perhaps Sherlock can shed some light on why heroin was his choice of drugs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking
The United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been accused of involvement in drug trafficking. Books and investigations on the subject that have received general notice include works by historian Alfred McCoy; professor and diplomat Peter Dale Scott; and journalists Gary Webb, Michael C. Ruppert and Alexander Cockburn, as well as by writer Larry Collins. These claims have led to investigations by the United States government, including hearings and reports by the United States House of Representatives, Senate, Department of Justice, and the CIA's Office of the Inspector General. The subject remains controversial.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Certainly , they legalized pot because so many youth are stigmatized for life for simple marijuana possession. Now as many or more are going to be stigmatized for driving offences . A driving well impaired by marijuana is the same as possession in the eyes of American Customs and border security.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
even though I have loads of family in the US.......I have no intention of travelling there again. Used to travel there often........but things changed after 9 11 But that is just my own personal preference.Prefer various parts of Europe anyhow.;-)
Don’t get caught in a carbeque .

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
I ordered my pot today.

I intended to order 30 grams with very high THC content, but somehow with all the website confusion, (and I was not high) I ended up with 26 grams for $229.45 which includes taxes and shipping.

15g White Shark
5g Easy Cheesy
1g Buddha Haze
5g Bali Kush
https://ocs.ca

I tried to buy some seeds but could not seem to find where I could order them. Maybe they will come online later.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You can get an ounce of 'shake' for $30, why not start small? The strongest I have tried is 28% and I'm trying the cheap kind (AA)for obvious reasons. So far no complaints.

There are ounces that are less than $100 and free delivery so shop around.

https://quickgreens.ca/

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Just because you have a pardon in Canada doesn't mean the Americans don't know about it. This is for everything, pot included.

If you have a drunk driving charge from 30 years ago they know.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
Is it ever gonna feel good to have it delivered to my door without me having to look both ways down the street to see if the delivery person is being followed, or that he is just gonna take my money and run.
And to have some confidence that the delivery person did not spray the product with RoundUp or some other unkown chemical agents.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Imagine forcing min wage delivery drivers to carry pot in and out of every sketchy neighborhood in he land.

Hopefully nobody gets killed.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Imagine forcing min wage delivery drivers to carry pot in and out of every sketchy neighborhood in he land.

Hopefully nobody gets killed.
He is more likely to get robed in affluent neighborhoods.

BTW are you hinting that all pot smokers are sketchy?? Are you aware it is doctors and lawyers and politicians and Wall St execs that do 90% of the heroin and coke and weed in use today?? They are all about as 'sketchy' as it gets.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I had to visit a government building just this morning. It stunk of tobacco smoke at each entrance: does the Federal government require staff to smoke or something? Anyway, just wait till pot is legal and then having to enter a government building.