Americans are depressed and suicidal because something is wrong with our culture

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Proof is abundant.

Acceptance of proof is the missing part.

You yourself are proof enough and no search or quest needed.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Depression and suicide, It's a freakin medical issue which appears as a mental one for profit reasons.
;)
but hey, people can paint the water bright black all they want.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Proof is abundant.

Acceptance of proof is the missing part.

You yourself are proof enough and no search or quest needed.

I agree, proof is abundant.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Donald Trump's G7 Tweets Were Depressing, Says Angela Merkel

Trump doing his bit for globalization as he spreads his depression inducing stupidity far and wide.

German Chancellor Angela Merke called President Donald Trump’s choice to break ranks with U.S. allies by backing out of a joint statement on social media and then deriding foreign leaders “a little depressing.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I guess that's the worst half of the story. How much forest has been replanted?
On a global scale, next to none. In BC about 30% of the land mass and about 30% of those survive. Now with American companies in charge, very little, cuz when they are done, they are out of here. Thank Campbell for putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Just for clarification you can't replant a mature BC forest.

Out here the forest must grow and die many times before reaching full maturity.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
;)
Hmmmm....
What a dink....waldo is

Like that time I asked some protesters in Temagami Ontario standing beside the road protesting the cutting of old growth forest..
"Where is that old growth forest"?
He says..."can't you see all around us?"
I just shook my head... and left him there because I would have had to drive him half a mile up the road to show him the sign that gave the date of the re-planting at 15 years before

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Another dumb statement!
Not really. A forest goes through many stages: fireweed and brushes, then that gives way to poplar and aspen, then they give way to hemlock and spruce, which give way to fir and tamarack, each phase dying out to fertilizer the next phase.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
No doubt but I think I know what he means, a mature forest is more than just a bunch of trees!
Nope.... he just has no idea what he's talking about....probably a teenager who has never seen a tree except on tv or a city park!

Of all his stupid statements this is best yet!

Not really. A forest goes through many stages: fireweed and brushes, then that gives way to poplar and aspen, then they give way to hemlock and spruce, which give way to fir and tamarack, each phase dying out to fertilizer the next phase.

I Have no experience in BC but out here once the trees are cut, everything except the usable part of the tree
is left in the bush as fertilizer, then a heavy chain between two dozers is dragged to break up the shrub for fertilizer and left to rot for a few years before replanting....
With the size and age of the trees in BC, I'm sure it would take a lot longer than the 25/ 30 years it takes here for the next harvest
The company here started reseeding in the 20's....
I'm sure with the size and age of the trees in BC it wold take a whole lot longer!