Peddling Religion

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
For the second time I received a pamphlet in our mailbox advertising (?) Islam. It urges us to visit their specified website or their phone number to learn 'the Truth'.
These Muslims seem to be taking over from the JWs. I haven't had a JW at my door for a couple of years!
Is anybody else getting these damned pamphlets? I wish they'd stuff them up their bottom outlets!
Jeez!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
For the second time I received a pamphlet in our mailbox advertising (?) Islam. It urges us to visit their specified website or their phone number to learn 'the Truth'.
These Muslims seem to be taking over from the JWs. I haven't had a JW at my door for a couple of years!
Is anybody else getting these damned pamphlets? I wish they'd stuff them up their bottom outlets!
Jeez!!!!!!!

Maybe, they'll get into scraps with gangs of Jehovah's Nitwits going door-to-door. My recommendation is that you get an angry Rotweiller with a very long leash.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Jeez!!!!!!!

the peeps caught on the JWs only let the first 144,000 into heaven and the newbies will all get left out
;)
not the best recruiting strategy

...and only a jerk would feed nut bars to a dog

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Pamphlets are easier to deal with than actual people at a door. Though a pamphlet can't be swayed by trespass laws, if you screw up a person and throw them in the trash can, you can expect a visit from the constable

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
For the third time this year, I received a flyer from Canadian Tire. I tossed it in the recycling and thought no more about it.

Sniffity sniffles

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Jeez!!!!!!!
Don't visit the site and don't phone the number. How hard is that to figure out?

Maybe, they'll get into scraps with gangs of Jehovah's Nitwits going door-to-door. My recommendation is that you get an angry Rotweiller with a very long leash.
For the mailman??

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Don't visit the site and don't phone the number. How hard is that to figure out?

For the mailman??

What the hell is a "mailman"?

I live in Oakville. We were the first community in Canada to lose our "Mailmen" back in the mists of time as part of that campaign to improve our postal service.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
did they even deliver to the trailer park on the edge of town before?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Pamphlets are easier to deal with than actual people at a door. Though a pamphlet can't be swayed by trespass laws, if you screw up a person and throw them in the trash can, you can expect a visit from the constable

No pamphlets at the post office here.

My dad used to run off JWs with a pitchfork. A couple of times a year, a car would come down the laneway with two nicely dressed young men in in it. They would get out, holding their bibles, and walk toward the porch. When dad saw them coming, he'd grab his pitchfork and stand on the front porch with it .

Most times, the JWs would simply turn and leave. But they always came back a few months later. And dad would get the pitchfork again. We must have been on a list. :)

If he was still alive, and based on what he thought of Muslims, he would probably up the ante and bring his shotgun.

He didn't care for peddlers and politicians. Even more than them, he detested religious people knocking on the door.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
How about that "city on wheels" that to live in near Tiny Township?
i'd be happy to reply to your question
;)
please rephrase that in coherent english
( if the glue has to dry before you can write again just say so...
I'll check back later to see how you are recovering )

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Jeez!!!!!!!
Billy Graham's son Franklin is on tour, invite them to go with you.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Jeez!!!!!!!

OH MY GAWD......Really? They did that? How horrible for you. Did they also hold a gun to your head and make you phone the number and log on to the web site?