Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Re: Meryl Streep Criticizes Trump At Golden Globe Awards

He should just take ownership of his stupidity and let it go

Trump can't take ownership of anything. The man's a pathological liar that will say one thing one day and the exact opposite the next and deny he said the first thing.

Its funny how the Trumpites rally around their messiah. It reminds me so much of Trudeau and his empty headed fans. Unfortunately, neither one will be of any benefit. It's just a race to see who can increase the deficit the most. It's too bad neither country could elect a conservative.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Trump mocking serge again:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I like Streep, she's one of my favourite actress and she has the right to take the reporters side if she chooses, at whatever event she wants. Maybe Trump did not mean to be mock the disabled reporter, but to try to change 'mocking' to 'grovelling' shows his egotistical character. He should just take ownership of his stupidity and let it go, to go on tweeting about Streep being a over-rated actress is a tantrum that the world does not need to read about, he is after all the USA's president elect!! Streep is the most Academy Award nominee ever and her generosity is much more real than Trump's $9,999 given to his own foundation years ago (which he probably took back to buy a picture of himself), to the well documented Streep's 1 million/ year. This man is an utter fool. I still think he might do good in the US, but OMG!!
So Streep can say what she wants where she wants and when she wants but Donald shouldn't...OK :roll:

BTW I would put Donald's total charitable donation up against hers any day.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

So Streep can say what she wants where she wants and when she wants but Donald shouldn't...OK :roll:

I know it's difficult for a simpleton like you to grasp the concept but nobody is saying Trump should not be allowed to say stupid things. The more the better in my opinion

BTW I would put Donald's total charitable donation up against hers any day.

His charitable donations (if he has any) don't negate his comments. But you keep throwing out irrelevant crap m'kay

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

Someone believes the award shows are not political? Really.
We are in for a nasty four years and it ain't gonna let up any
time soon. See the folks on the left are going to do to the right
what was done unto them everything will be criticized challenged
and debated, While the other guy Trump behaves like a teen
with a Titter Account.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Saw a funny meme today. Trump tweeting that Streep is "overrated".

Somebody tweeted, "If 157 awards as an actor makes Streep overrated, what does 6 bankruptcies make you as a business man?"

Epic butthurt handed out....hehehehe

I know the Trumpites will be salty now.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

There is no left or right there is only gold. In for more nasty years! was there ever some question of that? Trumps protest against the mainstreamm cements his position with the proles, jobs ,walls , blankets, the iron rice bowl

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

Well Trump is going to be President, like it or not. I think that to keep harping on his shortcomings is counterproductive. It undermines America's global image and further pits Americans against each other. Those who don't like him can't change the fact of his presidency by complaining and fighting everything he proposes to do. It would be better for the country as a whole if the dissatisfied settled down and calmly waited for the next election.

Look what happened here in Canada. Some voters can't stand Trudeau and hate and fear what he is doing. But he can't be stopped by complaining. The only thing to do is hope he will be voted out next time. I does no good to air our disdain for out leader to the whole world.

Opposition to the ruling Party should come from the political opposition, NOT from the public.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Bwahahahaha.

You should have told that to the yes baggers 8 years ago.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/08/meryl-streep-golden-globes-speech-donald-trump

It's a shame that there can be no event without it being politicized! Once again, a celebrity criticizing Donald Trump for doing what she herself is doing.
Meryl Streep accuses Trump of influencing the public with his speeches while she is doing the same thing, influencing the public with HER speech.
If Streep had been posting on a forum she would have been 'off topic'. The event was about awards, NOT politics.
Read for yourself.

At least she did not call him a fascist like Hank Williams, Jr did about Obama nor do any of this:

The 10 Worst Moments of Disrespect Towards President Obama | Politic365

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

The Dumpster invites ridicule and contempt. If it had not been for for the hundreds of insults he hurled at anyone who opposed him he wouldn't be as much of a target. At least Obama had a honeymoon period when even those who opposed him reluctantly kept a low profile. The Dumpster is not going to have that luxury.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

The Dumpster invites ridicule and contempt. If it had not been for for the hundreds of insults he hurled at anyone who opposed him he wouldn't be as much of a target. At least Obama had a honeymoon period when even those who opposed him reluctantly kept a low profile. The Dumpster is not going to have that luxury.

He's tried to run a parallel Presidency since the day of the election that undermines the legal authority of the land. He will get exactly what he deserves.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I admire Streep as an actress and love her work. It is truly unfortunate that she used this occasion for her political views. She has every right to comment on these views, just not at this sort of function. Mind you, as stated in the article, she wasn't the only one and I guess they want to take advantage of the fact that they're in the lime-light which is so sad because it simply takes away from the award night and what it is supposed to represent.

All of them can certainly make public their feelings and any paper, gossip magazine and TV media would gladly cover it so I'm not sure why they would chose this venue. Fortunately for me, I never watch those programs; I find them too self-centered in a self-centered industry - something like that. I'm not sure what the word(s) are but I'm simply not interested in watching them.

JMHO