person a day in court I don't agree with it and publicly say so even though I
had a brother killed by a drunk and a grandson disabled by a drunk. We
have to consider society as a whole and this law could be used by government
to undermine liberty

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

The Canadian Bar Association, representing 36,000 lawyers across Canada tells us Bill C-51 brings "the entire Charter into jeopardy, undermines the rule of law, and goes against the fundamental role of judges as the protectors of Canada's constitutional rights."

nimrod

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2015
Not really. Just the experts you agree with are not being listened to. Mostly for the same reason you are not being listened to. Because they are wrong.
Now the RCMP could reasonably be expected to be experts on crime. BUT they are pushing for making more guns prohibited with no reason. Also pushing to put pot smokers in jail and equate them to real criminals. Could this law have saved the lady's brother? Perhaps, perhaps not but having an honor guard at parliament hill with empty rifles is just plain stupid.

And still you are wrong.
Little break in your logic there chum.How can i agree with expert's testimony that i and nobody heard?Here's what people do in the real world-they listen to people with different opinions+accepted research and knowledge bona fides -then make up their minds.I don't care what philosophy or political party you endorse ,blindly believing your govt of any stripe is a recipe for even worse government.

Just don't break the law, you'll have nothing to worry about, WOW, do a bit of research, see how many peoples lives have been ****ed up from government bull****,
Just don't break the law?Tell that to the many people who have been released from death row or prison due to new DNA tests.Tell that to Truscott,Donald Marshall and the many people framed by the authorities here in Canada.It is even worse in U.S.
I guess you are all on board with sending our soldiers overseas to "fight for freedom"but want to kiss the feet of the people here trying to steal our freedom with weasel words and fine print.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Re 48 {B} What the **** are you talking about, Did you read the post past WOW ? Guess I should have put it in purple, wha

nimrod

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2015
Just don't break the law, you'll have nothing to worry about, WOW, do a bit of research, see how many peoples lives have been ****ed up from government bull****,
my bad- sorry -new to this and i replied to wrong person.i was in the right church and pew -just replied to the wrong person.

whitedog

It''s our duty, vote.
Mar 13, 2006
If they are peaceful law abiding protestors what do they have to worry about?

Don't break the law.
Why indeed! Hell if we're (most of us) a bunch of law abiding citizens, like why do we need a constitution, a charter of rights? Can't just everyone to learn to love our government and know that they'll always do the right thing. Like honestly people, what the fck are you worried about, the government loves us, it will always protect us.... Now lets all join hands and sing...

In the key of C,

If it wasn't for the constitution, we'd be safe,
If it wasn't for the charter, we'd be safe
If it wasn't for courts, saying our laws fall legally short,
We'd be positively, genuinely, and most absolutely, safe!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What qualifications does she have aside from being the sister of a solder murdered?