Driver who ran over two Canadian soldiers shot after high-speed chase near Montreal

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you suggesting that is who the driver was? If so, your solution would have all things it needs to be implemented.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd have more peace of mind if I knew CSIS didn't let individuals out for training and then let them come back into the country.

What CSIS says and what CSIS does might be two different things. If a terror putz thinks he isn't being watched, he'll keep doing what a terror putz does and lead CSIS to terror putz central.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Are you suggesting that is who the driver was? If so, your solution would have all things it needs to be implemented.
It would at this time, appear that way.It seems he had radicalized. Now in this particular instance, I do not know if he left for training or not. If known terrorists left for training and then were not allowed back in, this indeed would be a partial solution at least.

What CSIS says and what CSIS does might be two different things. If a terror putz thinks he isn't being watched, he'll keep doing what a terror putz does and lead CSIS to terror putz central.
now this is true and one would hope there is a "bigger plan" than just following 80 known problems

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Canada’s first homegrown ISIS sympathiser was shot dead on Monday night after he attacked two Canadian soldiers without warning at a parking lot in the town of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, 24 miles from Montreal.
The 25-year-old Muslim man, Martin Couture-Rouleau, a resident of the town, allegedly attempted to run over two soldiers in his vehicle while simultaneously calling the police, stating that he was perpetrating the attack “in the name of Allah.”

Read more at ISIS Terror In Montreal: Canadian Jihadist Shot Dead After Attacking Soldiers ‘In The Name Of Allah’

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I suspect Martin Rouleau is now being whipped and tormented by that harem of 72 demon sex slaves he expected to be granted. Mohammed must have left that part out in his exhortation of martyrs. :roll:.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As a casual observer who doesn't want to get involved in this it would appear that the whole line you referenced is 'at work'. Wonder whose legs are the hairiest?

I suspect Martin Rouleau is now being whipped and tormented by that harem of 72 demon sex slaves he expected to be granted. Mohammed must have left that part out in his exhortation of martyrs. :roll:.
I wonder if any of those looking to find 22 virgins has considered that they are still virgins for a reason, none of them good when it comes to losing said virginity. 72 virgins and you are all in never, never land, that about clears everything up. 73 virgins now.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you do, they are mentally unbalanced enough to live their lives engaged full time in "doublethink", which George Orwell defined as
"..............the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

Cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy seem pretty common across the board with a lot of folks in one way or another.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Aren't the foreign campaigns of NATO the cause of 'resentment and hostility' rather than the dead duck line of , 'They hate us for our freedoms.'? (by NATO I mean any NATO member Nation.

Why not move there and support them and spare us the rhetoric..

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
But how can it not help the problem...for instance here in Canada...80 knowns...if they were to just slowly vanish...just saying...that's 80 down and it's a start. Plus if killed by a woman, they don't get to go to heaven. oops!

I don't know how I feel about it completely yet...I'm just ruminating on that and wondering...........why not? I don't think there is anything that can discredit their ideology...that's why they need to vanish. With a serial killer there is known motivation there...we can remove them from society...he isn't going to hook up with 100 other serial killers but this kind of twist...they are going to keep coming for us....

What do you think we should do?

Being killed by a woman bars them from their version of heaven? I must have missed that part. Though I havent read the koran in about five years.

Like I said, killing them that takes care of those ones, but there are others who will replace them. To beat an idea you need a better idea. Slowly vanishing, at this rate they spread faster than they vanish. At least over there they do. The internet makes things a hell of a lot easier for them to recruit people around the globe.

What do I think we should do? Im not entirely sure, but at the same time Im not overly worried. This attack injured one person and killed another. Really, accidents and regular crime in general are far bigger issues to personal safety. If they pulled off another 9/11, but in Canada I'd worry. Particularly as I live in downtown Ottawa and go by Parliament twice a day every day but as things are now, idiots who dont follow the traffic rules concern me more. Given how little has happened and the fact that this guy was known to law enforcement beforehand our people seem to be doing their jobs well. Hopefully that will continue.

I liked that one comedian (forget his name) who said what they'd actually be getting are 72 Virginians.