Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
For the North, Gilles Bisson is the best candidate, and I'll end up voting for him, but I would like to see Hudak in the Premier's chair....
Quite a conundrum heh?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
For the North, Gilles Bisson is the best candidate, and I'll end up voting for him, but I would like to see Hudak in the Premier's chair....
Quite a conundrum heh?

I have not voted my first choice party due to the local canidate being a scumbucket. In 1988 I wanted to vote Liberal to stop Free Trade and the great Muldune but my local canidate was a bit of a scumbag (Tom Wappel) so I voted NDP although NDP was not my party choice federally. Wappel won the riding anyways.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
People are falling for Conservative sound bytes that make the Liberals look like they've done something grossly offensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get a majority.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One more week and it will be all over except for the gloating on one side or the other........and the excuses on the other side....

Not really. Your're still screwed. It's time to form a Western ON and split. Are you not tired of supporting those who live in Canada's peenis?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not really. Your're still screwed. It's time to form a Western ON and split. Are you not tired of supporting those who live in Canada's peenis?
I've been all for splitting North and Southern Ontario (most notably Toronto) for a very long time. Now we can't even access Crown land because Toronto interests want parkland. Swamp, rock and spruce don'r even make for good golfing.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
ccording to an Ipsos flash poll of debate viewers, PC Leader Tim Hudak walked away the winner of the Ontario leaders’ debate on Tuesday night. Out of 1,765 people who watched the televised event, 36 per cent said they believe Tim Hudak won the debate compared to 27 per cent who said Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne had the strongest performance. Horwath was a close third with 26 per cent of respondents who said they believed the leader of the Ontario NDP won the debate. One in 10 said they were unsure who came out victorious.
The event, which was the first and last televised Ontario leaders’ debate before the June 12 election, dredged up some old familiar topics including the gas plant scandal, corruption, service cuts and job creation.

http://www.cp24.com/news/hudak-winner-of-ontario-election-leaders-debate-poll-shows-1.1851955

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I've been all for splitting North and Southern Ontario (most notably Toronto) for a very long time. Now we can't even access Crown land because Toronto interests want parkland. Swamp, rock and spruce don'r even make for good golfing.
You got the same problem there too??? reserving a big stretch of land or river for maybe a dozen tourists a year?