Study finds no link between medical marijuana legalization and crime

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
$56 for a 24 beer, $14.25 for a pack of smokes in SK, and consider yourself lucky.....for now

WOW! I do after reading this. I don't smoke but that is a pretty high alcohol tax.

Ummh??????????? I was in the liquor store with my bro-in-law a week ago and he picked up a 24 pack of Kokanee for $39.

That is still a lot.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ummh??????????? I was in the liquor store with my bro-in-law a week ago and he picked up a 24 pack of Kokanee for $39.

!
Beer isn't cheap here.

Sh*t! it looks like things went up again after Provincial budget.

Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority

Kokanee

Description: A pilsner style lager that is naturally aged and contains no preservatives. A smooth, clean and lightly hopped beer. Available in 341 ml bottles, 355 ml cans and 473 ml cans.

Price: $58.95 (includes taxes and deposits)

No wonder I don't drink 64L a year.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A $4.85 bushel of malting barley makes 410 Canadian beer.

I know a guy who has about 1000t malting barley sitting doing nothing.

45930 X 410 = 18,831,300 beer from 4 sections of land.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A $4.85 bushel of malting barley makes 410 Canadian beer.

I know a guy who has about 1000t malting barley sitting doing nothing.

45930 X 410 = 18,831,300 beer from 4 sections of land.

Let's see... my beer kits cost about $40.00 on average and get almost 2 cases. I am usually short 2-3 beers in a 48 bottle kit. The angels share so they say.

But my kits are prepared kits and probably higher end kits.

I bet I could do it a lot cheaper buying in bulk but the beer would be on the boring side I would think.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I would like to hear more psychologists talk about addiction and the reason / logic of the drugs "chosen" for self medication.

I found what this gentleman had to say about legalization / criminalization of marijuanna quite interesting.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Let's see... my beer kits cost about $40.00 on average and get almost 2 cases. I am usually short 2-3 beers in a 48 bottle kit. The angels share so they say.

I bet I could do it a lot cheaper buying in bulk but the beer would be on the boring side I would think.

There are award winning recipes online for beer from scratch.

I like wheat beer and this is a good one: Golden Sunset Wheat Ale | RCMB

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
The FDA and Docs can say whatever they want. Until the politicians declare marijuana a legal substance that point is moot.

I don't know why you keep laboring the same point. We know what the current law is, I am talking about how it should be.

I would! And they are a scourge.

I have had to have two shots of morphine on two different occasions. The stuff was incredible. I went from severe and maddening pain to flying high and pain free.

But when people who aren't in severe pain are taking them because they are addicted... they are a scourge. I've seen it... not pretty.

What the hell are you talking about. The point was about how you would feel about it if you were in pain.

You said you would stand by your opinion that it is a scourge, then said that when you were in pain you thought they were incredible, then you say it is bad for people who don't need them to take them.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There are award winning recipes online for beer from scratch.

I like wheat beer and this is a good one: Golden Sunset Wheat Ale | RCMB

Made that one last summer!

I don't know why you keep laboring the same point. We know what the current law is, I am talking about how it should be.

And how do we change laws?

Geez.

What the hell are you talking about. The point was about how you would feel about it if you were in pain.

Seriously... did you read my post at all?

You said you would stand by your opinion that it is a scourge, then said that when you were in pain you thought they were incredible, then you say it is bad for people who don't need them to take them.

Because they are a scourge! Have you been following the news?

You know what... I am not going to go back and forth with you because you are unable to follow along a thread yet again.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
And how do we change laws?

Geez.

Lol, who asked that question? I certainly never did.

Seriously... did you read my post at all?

Because they are a scourge! Have you been following the news?

You know what... I am not going to go back and forth with you because you are unable to follow along a thread yet again.

It has nothing to do with following a thread. It is about your train of thought in one single post.

You say that you dislike opiates even if you were in pain and needed them, then said you were once in pain and needed them and thought they were "incredible".

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Lol, who asked that question? I certainly never did.

It has nothing to do with following a thread. It is about your train of thought in one single post.

You say that you dislike opiates even if you were in pain and needed them, then said you were once in pain and needed them and thought they were "incredible".

droooooooooone.... droooooooone

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yankee beer has about as much oomph as our high grade piss! -:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dude... don't even try that myth.

Then it's changed a lot in 20 years, but then our beer has been watered down too. Years ago our beer was 8%-9% then they watered it down to 5%, but a lot of the beer in the U.S. used to be 3.2%. (May as well have cup of tea) -:)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Then it's changed a lot in 20 years, but then our beer has been watered down too. Years ago our beer was 8%-9% then they watered it down to 5%, but a lot of the beer in the U.S. used to be 3.2%. (May as well have cup of tea) -:)

Yeah... a lot has changed.

ABV is state by state but I know Sam Adams made a beer that was at 27% and sold. It was toned down to 24%.

I ordered a beer in St. Louis and it was given to me in a small brandy glass and I thought it was a joke... then I thought I was being ripped off. But after finishing it my head was spinning. I asked the bartender about it and he laughed. He said they had to by law serve it in a small glass because of the high ABV.

A quick check of States....

Alabama... 13.9% ABV cap
Georgia.... 14% ABV cap
N. Carolina.. 15% ABV cap

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You know those balls that they put on car antennas so you can find them in the parking lot? Those should be on every car.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You know those balls that they put on car antennas so you can find them in the parking lot? Those should be on every car.

The same color?

maybe soon it will be, bottle your own alcohol, grow your own weed...plant here and come back to harvest.

I make my own beer already. But that is just to get primed before I head down the street. ;)