Hipsterbillies

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Moonshine Is Growing in the U.S., and Big Whiskey Wants a Taste

For decades, most people had never even seen a jar of moonshine, let alone tasted it. These days, you can find it at stores and restaurants around the country thanks to loosened liquor laws and changing consumer preferences. Even the industry’s biggest distilleries are experimenting with moonshine.

Sail on silverly moonshiners

Moonshine Is Growing in the U.S., and Big Whiskey Wants a Taste | TIME.com

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I knew a few moonshiners up north when I lived in the bush. Straight, it tastes like fire. Burns going down something fierce. A friend of mine used to make his homemade Kahlúa with it and it was palatable.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it's that stupid reality show Moonshiners or whatever it's called that has helped to put this back on the table

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Granted,I have had limited experience drinking 'shine,but what I have had tasted like tequila,which in turn tastes like brake fluid.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I knew a few moonshiners up north when I lived in the bush. Straight, it tastes like fire. Burns going down something fierce.
I find triple distilled tends to burn holes in pistons....
Granted,I have had limited experience drinking 'shine,but what I have had tasted like tequila,which in turn tastes like brake fluid.

Good moonshine doesn't burn as it goes down.

I've yet to burn a hole in the snow blower's piston. It starts on the first pull every time when it's fed triple distilled @ 90%

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I knew a few moonshiners up north when I lived in the bush. Straight, it tastes like fire. Burns going down something fierce. A friend of mine used to make his homemade Kahlúa with it and it was palatable.

If you ever come across the situation again to have a pull from a mason jar - take a spoonful first and set a match to it... If it burns blue, it's fairly clean (although it will still burn going down).. If it burns orange, it's polluted (and still goes down like a b*tch)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

My one uncle used to measure out his drinks with a syringe it was so potent. I wouldn't even dare to think what it would have tasted like straight.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
There are a few around here that build their own booze. One dude double distills corn mash, another triple distills potato mash, etc. If you light it and can't see it burning, then it's bluddy near pure ethanol. :D Good stuff is quite smooth but it has a definite kick.