POLL: Should a Grade 12 Education Be Mandatory?

Should a Grade 12 Education Be Mandatory?

• Ya

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
People ask "how did they cut and polish the rocks so precisely". The same way we would. Diamond or garnet rope and garnet/ diamond embedded copper cutting wheels and coring tubes.

They had gold, and knew how to placer mine.

I get LOTS of this from the place I do my personal panning.

It's fine garnet and amphibole sand. My wife calls it pixie dust and she has it in jars propping up all sorts of things.

The garnet is harder easily cuts through felsic granite which is just slightly softer. It's would fly through soft limestone/dolomites.

That is enough to do the job but there is no doubt they had diamond and other gems emedded in the rope and copper cutting tools as well.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Aliens are not necessarily extraterrestrials or organisms at all. Replications of many notable ancient engineering jobs is not presently possible. Alien thinking and alien executions of complex engineering however are as common as the ancient ruins that litter much of the earth. The most awe inspiring artifacts are those which the scale defies modern capabilities. Alien tech is alien to us because TPTB need it that way to stay on top, and you stay on top by keeping your knowledge and tech alien to the masses.
Just the hemp needed for the garnet saws to cut the stone for Cheops would require thousands of acres under cultivation, to feed whatever draught animals human or other wise would require thousands more, barge crews, forges, bakeries infrastructure government science education communication and multi-intergenerational project cohesion, national and international agreements and accurate time keeping. Lots of that is already alien to us again today.
Many science types will tell you human evolution has been a steady rise in expertise and certain progress moving forward, that's horse****, natural evolution is littered with great crushing destructions of a periodic nature, she goes up and she gos down while she goes round and round. Civilization and science rise and fall like the tide, there is no slow incremental darwinian evolution, evolution is driven by catastrophic events. Grade twelve is no indication of skills or brains, it simply means you sat there you passed you might be useful or you might need grade thirteen before any lights come on. Grade Thirty-Three will open some doors.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
DOn't allow union labour.

Technically speaking, the labour would have to have been a tight very skilled example of extreme teamwork. So the units of labour would have enjoyed a very high level of unity.
Dr Beaker episode three According to Beaker

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
- That Greek, Archimedes

Archimedes read a lot of old books. His hydraulic lever wasn't all his.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Over the last couple of weeks the BC government has been making moves towards a full year school calender. There would still be 189 days of instruction but the holidays would be better split up. Works well for northern residents that like to take vacations during breakup. So far mixed reaction from teachers. Many don't want to loose their long paid summers off.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It's actually pretty easy to get two bricks of stone to fit together so tight you can't slide a piece of foil between them anywhere. Just rub them together till you have a tight fit. Wife does it all the time when she makes stuff out of her soapstone.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Over the last couple of weeks the BC government has been making moves towards a full year school calender. There would still be 189 days of instruction but the holidays would be better split up. Works well for northern residents that like to take vacations during breakup. So far mixed reaction from teachers. Many don't want to loose their long paid summers off.

Since when was the object of school to benefit teachers? That whole f**king mentality has gotten way out of control. It's obvious (Pro D days etc.) they want to be away from teaching as much as possible! I think if the holidays were dispersed more evenly through the school year (no more than 3 weeks holidays at one shot) much less reviewing would be necessary and they could pretty well pick up where they left off. Maybe when the teachers' contracts are up the parents and children should get the first say and then the teachers can have their say, as long as it doesn't conflict with what the parents and students want! Time for "the tail to stop wagging the dog"!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Many don't want to loose their long paid summers off.
They only get paid for the 189 days. Nothing to loose.

Didn't Archimedes predate the Romans?-:)

The Rhind papyrus contains geometry problems that compute the slopes of pyramids and the volume of various-shaped granaries. And the Moscow papyrus, from about 1850 B.C., has about 25 problems, including ways to measure ships’ parts and find the surface area of a hemisphere and the area of triangles. Especially interesting are problems that calculate how efficient a laborer was by how many logs he carried or how many sandals he could make and decorate. Or the problems that involve a pefsu, a unit measuring the strength or weakness of beer or bread based on how much grain is used to make it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They only get paid for the 189 days. Nothing to "loose".

Yep, on paper, but regardless, it's the annual salary that is important, if they have any budgeting skills at all it doesn't matter whether they get 10 cheques or 12 or 2 for that matter!