BREAKING: WABC: One dead in school shooting in Newtown, CT

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
omg Eagle, stop with the drama queen act. No one's saying any one doesn't count. Bar brought up stats since '94. You threw out the one old shooting. I told you it would make more sense to compare recent ones, but since you're busy jumping to idiotic conclusions, I even went so far as to supply you the list. Sheesh.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey I'm just rolling with the flow.

I understand CLEARLY why you would want to compare recent events.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not the point, lone wolf. The point was that attributing the statement to Morgan Freeman was false.
Sad when a "nobody" feels compelled to fake celebrity endorsement in order for an intelligent message to be taken seriously. My point is, I don't care who wrote it. The point is valid - in my opinion. I wonder if Morgan agrees.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Assault weapons cause more deaths than handguns in the US?

I would say so..................................per incident.

omg Eagle, stop with the drama queen act. No one's saying any one doesn't count. Bar brought up stats since '94. You threw out the one old shooting. I told you it would make more sense to compare recent ones, but since you're busy jumping to idiotic conclusions, I even went so far as to supply you the list. Sheesh.

Good for you, Karrie, poor little timid me was going to tell this goof the same thing, but better you did it as I'm a little backward when it comes to speaking up!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good for you, Karrie, poor little timid me was going to tell this goof the same thing, but better you did it as I'm a little backward when it comes to speaking up!

Goof huh? Is that where you want to go with this?

I would say so..................................per incident.

Really? Does Virginia Tech ring a bell?

Trouble keeping up?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The usual pro-gun rhetoric. But it does not change the facts that people with guns kill people. School shootings (70 since 1994) are the American disease and they are fueled by gun ownership. I could care less what states have strict gun laws and which don't. Somehow the latest shooter got hold of firearms and I note that the firearm of choice was a long gun with a 30 round magazine. So much for banning the long gun registry. The Conservatives are guilty of supporting firearms that are far more deadly that any handgun.
Funny. If you think any stupid and expensive registry would have stopped the nutjob from killing, then .......... (Not going to finish the comment because it's against the rules and would contain insulting terms).

Whatever.
Personally, I like Canada's rules about firearms as they are and I'm not stupid enough nor unrealistic enough to think that bans would work.
A good dose of education about firearms along with a good dose of licensing keeps the vast majority of Canadians in line; even the ones that bucked the Registry. But then there's not much danger that those Canadians would run around shooting people anyway. Canada, apparently quite willingly, lets nutjobs run around loose and cannot do enough to keep murderous criminals at bay and THOSE PEOPLE are the heart of the problem. Accessibillity to things that can kill is just a side issue.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Not many people in the forum are aware that in Canada the spouse of a firearm aquisition permit applicant has to be noticed of such an application and show that he/she has been notified by signing the application........

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Was that the one where a nut case killed over 30 on a couple of locations on the campus?

Sure was... 32 to be exact... with handguns.

LMAO.

Poor, timid, and backwards... you've about summed it up what you are.