Quit Picking On Romney

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
So you'll vote against a candidate just as many people do. Makes sense.

Few like what barry has done and hence his opposition and his rivals' (whoever that would have been if not the current guy) support.

Actually I would like to see a box on every ballot for "none of the above" because I'm pretty sure it would win almost every time until these morons realize they are supposed to actually represent the people of their constituency instead of toeing the party line and representing corporate donors.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Upon listening to "Cross Country Checkup" (Rex Murphy), I'm getting the impression from the callers that Romney would be better at dealing with the economy, which is their biggest problem. Sometimes maybe you are better off with "ugly" than "popular". However I'm still hoping for Obama, he's had a "tough row to hoe" and I'm thinking he'll improve yet, whereas with Romney, it will be a "learning curve" from "square one".

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
That is stunning.

Look at Romney's record on the Mass economy................

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Upon listening to "Cross Country Checkup" (Rex Murphy), I'm getting the impression from the callers that Romney would be better at dealing with the economy, which is their biggest problem. Sometimes maybe you are better off with "ugly" than "popular". However I'm still hoping for Obama, he's had a "tough row to hoe" and I'm thinking he'll improve yet, whereas with Romney, it will be a "learning curve" from "square one".

Let me expand on my comment.

The President is only as good as the Congress and the Senate.

If, as in the case of Obama, he has those parties against him, he will not be able to fulfill many promises.

Many Republican govenors simply denied federal funding which resulted in 800,000 hundred thousand State worker to be laid off adding to the downward spiral of opportunity for the USA and hence Obama to progress. Also a lot of other funding was denied passage by the Republican Congress.

I bet Rex didn't explain that............

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

If, as in the case of Obama, he has those parties against him, he will not be able to fulfill many promises.

Many Republican govenors simply denied federal funding which resulted in 800,000 hundred thousand State worker to be laid off adding to the downward spiral of opportunity for the USA and hence Obama to progress. Also a lot of other funding was denied passage by the Republican Congress.

He had control for 2 years- Rushed Obama care thru- People wanted jobs- Failed to rein in Pelosi- She is just a Democratic Teabagger.
He promised change on bipartisanship and Pelosi was his dog - He wears it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Probably not, Rex just invited people to call with their opinions of the campaign in general and specifically asked called who they thought would win on election day. He will generally respond to the callers direct comments, but generally doesn't add a lot. I only heard part of the program today.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
An incredulous David Gregory on Meet the Press to a frozen Eric Cantor, “The head of Chrysler said that that is deceptive… This from a business leader, Governor Romney, who apparently thinks it’s good business to
outsource in order to make companies more competitive. Is this the hopeful, specific agenda that Governor Romney has for the state of Ohio and the country?”

On CNN’s State of the Union, Candy Crowley said, “You’ve been able to unite both corporate America and the unions in this false ad.”

Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, “Wasn’t that a mistake, especially when both Chrysler and GM said the ad was misleading and the fact is that Chrysler, far from shipping jobs out of Ohio is actually expanding operations in Toledo.”

Mitt Romney: Desperate and Deceptive in Ohio - YouTube

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Unemployment rate when Bush left office: 7.8%

Unemployment rate Obama & no Jobs Bill: 7.8%

Congress gave Bush all the legislation he wanted. But they won't pass a budget or anything else for Obama. No wonder his agenda has "failed". But as always,

BLAME OBAMA! BLAME OBAMA!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
gopher,

I have a question for you.

What is the historical background on the animals that the Democrats and Republicans chose as representation... I've seen 'elephants' and 'mules' (?).

If there is an easy (brief) explanation, can you provide it - or otherwise direct me to a link?

I'm, just curious... Thanks

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
gopher,

I have a question for you.

What is the historical background on the animals that the Democrats and Republicans chose as representation... I've seen 'elephants' and 'mules' (?).

If there is an easy (brief) explanation, can you provide it - or otherwise direct me to a link?

I'm, just curious... Thanks

I think that is an elephant and a jacka$$.;-)

I do know GOP is for grand old party (believe it or not they were originally the liberal ones) but cannot remember the animal significance.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I do know GOP is for grand old party (believe it or not they were originally the liberal ones) but cannot remember the animal significance.

Back in the 1800's Andrew Jackson was called a jackass and he used it on his campaign posters. Later, a political cartoonist drew the donkey scaring away an elephant and labeled the elephant the republicans or something like that.