Quit Picking On Romney

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
lol how does wanting to secede deny a mandate? It's BECAUSE of his mandate that they want to secede. Another perfect example of how I know the stupid people won the election. :)

btw how's your new cell phone working? Do you get a good signal underground?

The jokes on you - I still don't know how to use a cell phone!

As for stupid people won the election you must still think it's 2004. ;)

But, as always, BLAME OBAMA!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Many states now appreciate the fact that Romney lost and Obamacare will prevail:

Report: Obamacare a good deal for states | theGrio

A new report says states can receive more than $9 in federal money for every dollar they spend to cover low-income residents under President Barack Obama’s health care law. Expanding Medicaid to cover about 20 million more low-income people will cost a total of more than $1 trillion from 2013 to 2022, the report estimates. But states will pay just $76 billion of that, or roughly 7 percent of the cost.
Two nonpartisan groups, the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Urban Institute, collaborated on the new analysis.
It also found that a few states might actually spend less than they do now.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Pat Robertson claims he ‘missed’ God’s message about 2012 election

Pat Robertson claims he ‘missed’ God’s message about 2012 election | The Raw Story

In January of this year, televangelist Pat Robertson informed his “700 Club” audience that God had revealed the results of the 2012 election to him in a vision, implying broadly at the time that the Almighty was less than pleased with President Barack Obama. According to Right Wing Watch, Robertson recanted on Wednesday, responding to a viewer question about his false prediction, saying he “missed” God’s message about the election result.
“So many of us miss God, I won’t get into great detail about elections but I sure did miss it, I thought I heard from God, I thought I had heard clearly from God, what happened? What intervenes? Why?” Robertson said. “You ask God, how did I miss it? Well, we all do and I’ve had a lot of practice.”
In January, Robertson said that God’s message to him was, “Your president holds a radical view of the direction of your country which is at odds with the majority, expect chaos and paralysis.”
He also predicted an “economic collapse” that would devastate the country, the result of which would be a new president. “But I’m not supposed to talk about that,” he said.

Raw Story (Pat Robertson claims he ‘missed’ God’s message about 2012 election | The Raw Story)

:lol:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Romney

Romney’s loss creates leadership vacuum In GOP

Party seeking path forward

BOSTON — Mitt Romney’s shadow looms over a Republican Party in disarray.
The face of the GOP for much of the last year, the failed presidential candidate has been a virtual ghost since his defeat Nov. 6. He has quietly weathered the fallout of the campaign from the seclusion of his Southern California home, emerging only momentarily for a private lunch at the White House with President Obama on Thursday.
His loss and immediate withdrawal from politics has created a leadership vacuum within his party. It’s left the GOP rudderless, lacking an overarching agenda and mired in infighting, with competing visions for the way ahead, during what may be the most important policy debate in a generation.

I have an idea - put Rush Limbaugh or some Tea Bagger at the head of the GOP. That would work wonders for the party and the USA.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Here's why we're no longer picking on Romney:

Scott Prouty reveals himself as man who shot ’47 percent’ video

Scott Prouty reveals himself as man who shot ’47 percent’ video

He said he felt that people who couldn’t afford to attend a high-priced fundraiser should get a chance “to find out what the candidate actually thinks.”

I felt an obligation to expose the things he was saying.”

Thankfully he was there otherwise the right wing media would never have exposed it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
No wonder California is broke..........................................

LA County on Track to Spend $650 Million on Illegal Alien Benefits

The economic impact of the nation's struggle to handle its growing illegal immigrant population was underscored in Los Angeles County this week as data shows the county on pace to hand out more than $650 million in welfare benefits to undocumented parents this year.

The county's latest and updated figures, documented by the Department of Public Social Services, were announced by Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, L.A.'s cbsla.com reported.

Obamacare: Massive New Rules Revealed for 2013

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” said Antonovich in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.”

More....... LA County on Track to Spend $650 Million on Illegal Alien Benefits

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Romney - "I would have been a better president":

Romney: No Question I Would Have Been A Better President Than Obama - Fox Nation

"

Mitt Romney appeared on 'Fox News Sunday' and was asked by Chris Wallace about the potential that he’d run for president in 2016 and whether or not he believed he was the best man for the job.
Romney: “Iv’e spoken on this topic so many times, I don’t really have anything new to do add". “I’m not running, I’m not planning on running.”
Wallace: “In your heart, do you still think you would make the best president than all the people out there?”
Romney: “There’s no question in my mind that I think I would have been a better president than Barack Obama has been." “I wish it were me. But my time has come — come and gone. I had that opportunity. I ran, I didn’t win. Now it’s time for someone else to pick up the baton.”
Romney also took some time to criticize the frontrunner for the 2016 Democratic nomination Hillary Clinton. “Her record is Barack Obama’s record on foreign policy, and it’s a disaster." “Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are two peas in the same pod, and the American people have tasted that, and said look, that’s not a good taste.”"

more ....

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Romney said he was going to bomb Iran and did not need Congressional approval to do so. This because he believed the myths spread by the right wing news media. Today it is Iran who has taken some steps to bring about some measure of stability in that highly troubled region. Therefore, it is a good thing that Romney did not get elected and create more war as he had hoped (also remember that his family makes money in the military industry).

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Romney still making excuses:

Mitt Romney's Latest Excuse for His 47 Percent Remarks Is a Doozy | Mother Jones

Now Romney has gone further in denying responsibility for the remark, blaming the 47 percent fiasco on the fellow who tossed him the question. Here's the relevant excerpt from Leibovich's piece:

"I was talking to one of my political advisers," Romney continued, "and I said: 'If I had to do this again, I'd insist that you literally had a camera on me at all times"—essentially employing his own tracker, as opposition researchers call them. "I want to be reminded that this is not off the cuff." This, as he saw it, was what got him in trouble at that Boca Raton fund-raiser, when Romney told the crowd he was writing off the 47 percent of the electorate that supported Obama (a.k.a. "those people"; "victims" who take no "personal responsibility"). Romney told me that the statement came out wrong, because it was an attempt to placate a rambling supporter who was saying that Obama voters were essentially deadbeats.

"My mistake was that I was speaking in a way that reflected back to the man," Romney said. "If I had been able to see the camera, I would have remembered that I was talking to the whole world, not just the man." I had never heard Romney say that he was prompted into the "47 percent" line by a ranting supporter.

Leibovich is right; this seems to be the first time Romney has tried to place responsibility for his comment on the person who asked him the question. That supporter was not rambling. Here's what he asked: "For the last three years, all everybody's been told is, 'Don't worry, we'll take care of you.' How are you going to do it, in two months before the elections, to convince everybody you've got to take care of yourself?" That was a straightforward query, succinctly put, not rambling at all. It was Romney who took the point to the next level and proclaimed that a specific number of Americans were lazy freeloaders who could not and would not fend for themselves.

To recap: Romney has gone from side-stepping the remark, to owning the thrust of this comment (though noting it was not well articulated), to saying he was wrong, to denying he said what he said (and contending his words were distorted), to claiming he was only mirroring the rambling remarks of a big-money backer. This last explanation is certainly not fair to the 1-percenter who merely expressed his very 1-percentish opinion. Does this mean that Romney was thrown off his game by a simple question—or that he was trying to suck up to a donor?

In the two years since Romney was caught on tape, he just cannot come up with a clear explanation of an easy-to-understand short series of sentences that were responsive to the question presented. But there is one possible explanation he hasn't yet put forward: He said what he believed.

All the more reason to have a Republican ticket of ROMNEY-COULTER IN 2016!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Mittens still needs to be reminded he lost to Obummer which makes him the ultimate loser..............

Romney: Obama Needs to Learn That He Lost the Midterms

As for the possibility of Obama taking executive action to overhaul policy and protect millions of undocumented immigrants currently in the states, Romney said: “The president has got to learn that he lost this last election round.”

Romney stated that the midterm elections were a referendum on Obama policies, and that because the Democrats faced a wave of congressional defeats, it’s time for the president to listen to what the GOP has to say on an issue like immigration.
Watch the full interview below, via CBS:

Romney: Obama Needs to Learn That He Lost the Midterms | Mediaite

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not convinced it makes much difference who's in the White House. Those guys pretty well have to do what they're told, methinks. They have no control over the money!:)

Mittens still needs to be reminded he lost to Obummer which makes him the ultimate loser..............

Romney: Obama Needs to Learn That He Lost the Midterms | Mediaite

And then there's the old saying............."He who laughs last................................................."

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
JLM; said:
I'm not convinced it makes much difference who's in the White House. Those guys pretty well have to do what they're told, methinks. They have no control over the money!:)

And then there's the old saying............."He who laughs last................................................."

That's true - Obama is a lame duck prez - Anything and everything that he wants to do can easily be voided by Congress. Therefore, the right wingers now have no excuse to say BLAME OBAMA.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
a couple of weeks back Sarah Palin said Romney's race has been run and that he is no longer a viable candidate for 2016 - by this she was hinting she was the better candidate

this week she took herself out of the running and put him back at the top with this most unwise move:

oh Sarah!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
a couple of weeks back Sarah Palin said Romney's race has been run and that he is no longer a viable candidate for 2016 - by this she was hinting she was the better candidate

this week she took herself out of the running and put him back at the top with this most unwise move:

oh Sarah!
Sarah's right again. Kid Rock said the same thing about fatso MM.