Epic Anti-Global Warming Monologue

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Thats odd,every geologist I have worked with knows what a rock stringer is,what it represents and how important it is concerning what was actually happening when it was deposited.

Petros says horizon. That I've heard of.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I'm appealing my grade
A coal seam was deposited during warm climes,so a sandstone stringer in the middle of it means one of a few things,either a huge dust storm,a flood or some other environmental anomaly.A bentonite stringer usually is because of a volcanic eruption somewhere.
Stringers are environmental anomalies.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Why do I need a link?

You don't need it, I do because I'm not in the habit of believing something just because someone says so. But you're not exactly accustomed to providing evidence for your claims. I didn't actually expect you to post a link, thought I would ask anyways though.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You don't need it, I do because I'm not in the habit of believing something just because someone says so. But you're not exactly accustomed to providing evidence for your claims. I didn't actually expect you to post a link, thought I would ask anyways though.
How do I link to a magazine I read 10 years ago?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you lazy?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
How do I link to a magazine I read 10 years ago?

Hah! You deleted the bunch of text you just posted...which said:
Roughly 56 percent of all scientists and engineers in the U.S. Army are employed by the Army Research and Development Command.

That's a far cry from saying 56% of all scientists are employed by the military.

:lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
A coal seam was deposited during warm climes,so a sandstone stringer in the middle of it means one of a few things,either a huge dust storm,a flood or some other environmental anomaly.A bentonite stringer usually is because of a volcanic eruption somewhere.
Stringers are environmental anomalies.

I know my answer was BS - I was just having a bit of fun and giving Flossy a chance to holler Eureka (followed by finger stabs into the air).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hah! You deleted the bunch of text you just posted...which said:

That's a far cry from saying 56% of all scientists are employed by the military.

:lol:
Universities carry out the bulk of research correct? How many work at them and how many scientist are cranked out ea year and go off to find jobs in military and private sector? Use you head for once.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I know my answer was BS - I was just having a bit of fun and giving Flossy a chance to holler Eureka (followed by finger stabs into the air).
The point im trying to make is a stringer can represent a huge weather anomaly that occured at the time of deposition,it could have been a meteor impact or some other disaster like a volcanic eruption.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The point im trying to make is a stringer can represent a huge weather anomaly that occured at the time of deposition,it could have been a meteor impact or some other disaster like a volcanic eruption.

That's not really a controversial claim at all. Why do you think that would invalidate radiative physics?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Universities carry out the bulk of research correct?

Oh I don't know about that. University researchers publish more, for certain. The research a company like mine works on isn't published, because it's proprietary business information. Militaries doesn't publish much of their R&D, because it has national security implications.

How many work at them and how many scientist are cranked out ea year and go off to find jobs in military and private sector?

I have no idea, but I wouldn't make specific claims about how many, or what proportion of the the total number of active researchers work in which sectors without some kind of evidence.

The stringer alone represents dramatic climate change at the time of deposition

Yes, so what?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh I don't know about that. University researchers publish more, for certain. The research a company like mine works on isn't published, because it's proprietary business information. Militaries doesn't publish much of their R&D, because it has national security implications.

I have no idea, but I wouldn't make specific claims about how many, or what proportion of the the total number of active researchers work in which sectors without some kind of evidence.
Well i'm from an era that predates google and rely on memory. Are you saying my memory is ****ty?