Epic Anti-Global Warming Monologue

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In case ( :lol: ) some folk never bothered to listen to this monologue, here's a transcript so you can see what it is about.

They call it the silver bean. Well, actually they don't that's just me. But Chicagoans come by the dozens to see where taxpayers go to die. Speaking of magic beans... is the debate about man-made global warming really settled?

Former Alberta Premier Ed Stelmach says it is. Last month when the Alberta PC surprised pollsters and pundits by beating the Wildrose party, Stelmach said what tipped the balance was a statement by Danielle Smith, the Wildrose leader, that the climate debate was not settled.

So... its settled apparently! So, don't get any big ideas in your pretty little head! We all agree that the Earth is warming, that people caused it to happen and obviously we have to raise taxes and give governments more power. We all agree to that! And we agree that we agree that no one disagrees. And if you disagree, you're wrong, you actually agree!

I'm joking… but only a little bit because so-called scientists have become high priests, not welcoming questioners, but hunting them down and rooting them out like religious heretics. St. Suzuki himself once proposed that global warming skeptics be jailed, he really said that! A writer for Forbes magazine, a magazine that calls itself a 'capitalist tool' recently wrote that if a skeptics home burns down... we shouldn't send the fire department and skeptics are routinely compared to Nazis and are called deniers and equated to holocaust deniers... seriously!

And most journalists who are most normally the most skeptical people in the room turn into obedient stenographers when faced with global warming salesmen. Any other multi-billion dollar industry would be treated cynically by reporters, not so the Global Warming industry or its high living jet setting tycoons. Journalists become fanboys! Yeah, no thanks. I'm not that obedient. Political correctness accounts for some of this, I mean it’s still fashionable in elite circles to follow the global warming fad and journalism professors are usually left wing.

So, any 'crisis' that proposes, surprise, more taxes and more government is going to be welcomed.

But I think the largest factor is the simplest! Follow the money. There are billions of dollars spent each year on global warming, not on fixing the so-called problem. But rather funding the political, diplomatic and journalistic class that keeps this so called crisis bubbling and keeps beating the drum for big government solutions. And if you're a professor try getting a research grant if you're a global warming skeptic. You can't! Universities have been bought too!

But here’s the good news. Normal people are not buying it. A new survey by Atticus research shows when Canadians are asked to rank their environmental concerns, global warming comes in dead last, out of 7 choices. People are sick of the propaganda, sick of being told what to think and sick of being told that we are in a perpetual crisis and I think people are sick of high energy prices, high gas prices for your car, high power prices at home. And we're sick of the hypocrisy of David Suzuki with his 3 homes lecturing the rest of us to cut back.

Look, the debate is not settled. And it’s not settled that it's settled. The Earth warms and cools over time. Anyone whose heard of the ice ages, knows that’s true.

Is the Earth warming right now? Has it actually been cooling since 98? And if its warming or cooling, why? Was it really because you and I drove to work instead of bicycling or does it have to do with, oh, maybe the sun? Or are there natural processes that dwarf any impact that man could have?

And even if the world is warming and even if we caused it, well what should we do about it? Should we de-industrialize? Should we stop living like man or start living again like cave-men? Or even like animals? Would that really make a difference?

We're going to spend money on the environment. Should we do it in ways that would actually make a difference? Fighting Malaria in Africa, clean water and sanitation in places like India, tackling smog in China rather than harmless Co2.

These are real questions. And they are just not being asked by pundits like me. Here in Chicago, they're being asked in the international conference on Climate Change, hosted by the Heartland Institute. It’s a conference jam packed with PHDs and scientists of every stripe from climatology and to economics to geography to even a group of Astronaut appalled at the fact that NASA itself has turned into a propaganda outfit.Hundreds of people came to debate and to learn and to study. Now, the pro-global warming lobbyists, well they didn't come inside to make their case. They were outside, picketing and protesting.

Well, count me with the skeptics on the inside. There is no ideology or religion that should be above criticism or debate including global warming. Look I don't care what Ed Stelmach says. The debate is not over. Stay tuned. Over the course of the next hour, we'll prove it to you.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
In case ( :lol: ) some folk never bothered to listen to this monologue, here's a transcript so you can see what it is about.

Thanks for posting it again, I missed some hypocrisy over the feigned outrage in my first post addressing Levant's nonsense.
A writer for Forbes magazine, a magazine that calls itself a 'capitalist tool' recently wrote that if a skeptics home burns down... we shouldn't send the fire department and skeptics are routinely compared to Nazis and are called deniers and equated to holocaust deniers... seriously!
These are real questions. And they are just not being asked by pundits like me. Here in Chicago, they're being asked in the international conference on Climate Change, hosted by the Heartland Institute. It’s a conference jam packed with PHDs and scientists of every stripe from climatology and to economics to geography to even a group of Astronaut appalled at the fact that NASA itself has turned into a propaganda outfit.
Yes, the Heartland Institute. The ones whose documents were stolen, showing their efforts to sow doubt however they can, and the ones who compared those who believe the scientists to terrorists like the Unabomber and murderers like Charles Manson... and now like Limbaugh, are bleeding supporters because of their inflammatory rhetoric.
Well, count me with the skeptics on the inside.
Yes Ezra, you and the other 169 guests. Be mindful of the company you keep:
This year's conference was a drastically shrunken version of earlier Heartland gatherings, which attracted up to 800 attendees and ran several concurrent sessions. Those events were also lucrative for Heartland, accounting for half of its non-fundraising events revenue, according to documents obtained through deception by the scientist Peter Gleick.

At this year's gathering in Chicago, fewer than 170 turned up for the gala opening banquet, and the conference only managed to eke out one session at a time, and brought in relatively few outside speakers.

And the only member of Congress to attend this year, conservative Republican Jim Sensenbrenner, used his speech to criticise Heartland for the billboard.
Op-ed fail. Well, technically it's only a failure if people actually fact-check Ezra. I'm guessing most didn't. And next time he'll just pass off some more lies and hypocrisy.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Well the arctic ice will melt and theres not a damn thing anyone can do about it,like all the other times it melted.
So really this whole argument is moot.
I've seen how delicate it is,how easy it is to silt up a whole lake or create new rivers within hours by just changing the color of the snow by adding dirt or anything dark or scraping the tundra off to expose the little bit of soil there is. I know because I have done it,watched it happen with my own eyes in less then 6 hours.
Seems we ignore the real problem here and thats what do we do about rising coastlines?

But lets play the blame game and tax the hell out of everyone and make matters worse in a bad economic climate.
Some peeps should be trying to be proactive and look to dealing with something we obviously cannot reverse which is another ice age.

Give me a d4 cat in the arctic and ill melt more ice in 2 days then a couple years of man made climate change will ever do.Meltwater in the arctic does not go into the ground.Thats why spring time 50 miles south of the arctic circle takes maybe a week before all the snow is gone.Spring starts end of june,winter starts end of september,like clockwork and the ice does melt every year,24 hour sunlight seems to have that effect.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Some peeps should be trying to be proactive and look to dealing with something we obviously cannot reverse which is another ice age.

The data do not agree with you:
http://denverclimatestudygroup.com/OTHER-MISC/ArcticCoolingScience200909041236.pdf
I'll paste the abstract:
The temperature history of the first millennium C.E. is sparsely documented, especially in the Arctic. We present a synthesis of decadally resolved proxy temperature records from poleward of 60°N covering the past 2000 years, which indicates that a pervasive cooling in progress 2000 years ago continued through the Middle Ages and into the Little Ice Age. A 2000-year transient climate simulation with the Community Climate System Model shows the same temperature sensitivity to changes in insolation as does our proxy reconstruction, supporting the inference that this long-term trend was caused by the steady orbitally driven reduction in summer insolation. The cooling trend was reversed during the 20th century, with four of the five warmest decades of our 2000-year-long reconstruction occurring between 1950 and 2000.
The cooling trend in the Arctic, as we were heading towards another ice age, halted:

You see, it doesn't take a large forcing to change the climate trajectory. So long as it is on a long time scale, and persists, like say the periodic changes in our orbit, we can move towards another ice age. But, as it turns out, the forcing we're imposing is actually larger than the slight change to insolation in the Northern hemisphere caused by our orbital precession.

Like many things that matter, you can't see it with your eyes. But we can measure it, and interpret it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What on Earth does that have to do with anything. I can easily give you the answer, btw, but, as a non scientist it would be better for one who can explain it thoroughly to do so.

I do not have to do any poking around. I have poked around at this stuff. for more than fifteen years.

For something slightly different and for those who think we have not been warming, try this. A seventeen year record in somewaht different form. 326 months in a row that have been warmer than the twentieth century average. Half the population of the world has never experienced an average month.

326 consecutive months of above average global temperatures | The Energy Collective

Well Duh. To have an average about half MUST be higher. Now what about all the ones that were COLDER? Or don't those ones fit into your BS?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Can you see the difference between 1 and 3 watts from on top of your Cat? You move dirt. Some people study climate. Big difference.
No,I see cause and effect,at over a half century old I have been around,seen it with my own eyes so most graphs dont mean much to me as they represent a timeline to TRY reverse change that is way behond anyones means,you cant fight mother nature Tonn.
Coastal cities are going to be flooded,have you given any thought to this problem because it is coming,even your graphs show that.

That's why they pay me the big bucks buddy,experience!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Coastal cities are going to be flooded,have you given any thought to this problem because it is coming,even your graphs show that.

Yay! Disney World will make for an awesome dive park.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
No,I see cause and effect

So, you can see infrared radiation trapped by gases? I ran into someone at university one evening who claimed similar things. Then he muttered something about brain slugs.

Umm yes. A warming planet means rising seas. You can see the effect, but apparently not the cause. The great thing about science is we can analyze things that you can't see with your naked eye.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No,I see cause and effect,at over a half century old I have been around,seen it with my own eyes so most graphs dont mean much to me as they represent a timeline to TRY reverse change that is way behond anyones means,you cant fight mother nature Tonn.

If the ocean rises about 75M I will be real close to waterfront property. Anything less will just be an inconvenience.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
So, you can see infrared radiation trapped by gases? I ran into someone at university one evening who claimed similar things. Then he muttered something about brain slugs.

Umm yes. A warming planet means rising seas. You can see the effect, but apparently not the cause. The great thing about science is we can analyze things that you can't see with your naked eye.
You spend a lot of time here,have you done any field studies or is it all off google?

Kind of curious as to how old you are also.
For experience purposes,u talk the big talk but if your just some kid gleaning ****e off the net then ok.
I will understand because u do come across to me as some kid on the net with access to google.Got any peer previewed studys in your name?

I do

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You spend a lot of time here,have you done any field studies or is it all off google?

Kind of curious as to how old you are also.
For experience purposes,u talk the big talk but if your just some kid gleaning ****e off the net then ok.
I will understand because u do come across to me as some kid on the net with access to google.
That's getting awfully low dude.

Age has nothing to do with how knowledgeable someone is. As far as I'm concerned, Ton is the most reasoned, well balanced, well informed and most credible proponent of the AGW theory on this or any board I've visited.

I spend a good amount of time discussing the topic with him privately. He's patient, clear and honest.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Because he wasn't party to this over the past two days were you and Anus said I was wrong about irrigation increasing water vapour.

Well flossy, was I wrong and what will that 1% do?

I think. petros, I know the source of you puzzlement.

What the IPCC did say was that "anthropogenic use of water is less than 1% of the water vapour fron natural sources." That is quite different from what you are saying.

What proportion of water usage would irrigation be? Let's be generous and say 1/10th. That would increase the atmospheris content by less than 1/10th of 1% of the natural induced content.

For the effect of that consider this. Every 1C increase produces roughly 7% extra water vapour. So the effect of irrigation on these using these rough figures would be to increase temperature by .007C. That was a quick calculation and I am not going to check its accuracy since it is only to illustrate the absurdity of saying that irrigation is a contributor.

Well Duh. To have an average about half MUST be higher. Now what about all the ones that were COLDER? Or don't those ones fit into your BS?
Tell me you were not serious! Those 326 months were all higher than the average for the century.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Got any peer previewed studys in your name?

I do

What's the publication?

For your information, I'm 30, and work at a big pharmaceutical company. The reports I write don't get published in journals, but they do get peer reviewed. The last one was the best set of efficacy data my director has ever seen, in his words. The first time I was peer reviewed was in my undergrad, when I wrote a proposal for testing the stress modulating effects of pigments added to salmonid feeds.

But neither of us study climate. The difference between you and I kakato, is that when I don't know the answer, I look at what the experts have found. What you can see doesn't cover the globe, it doesn't cover the atmosphere, it doesn't allow you to quantify the changes over time. You make definitive statements about reality, without any tacit knowledge about what is actually happening. Sure, you can see the effects of albedo changes. But nobody has to go to the Arctic to see that.