Epic Anti-Global Warming Monologue

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I really dont care,too Jesse venturish for me.

This post has been peer reviewed by my cat.

you peeps better hope a wayward asteroid doesnt hit earth and black out the sun for a few hundred years,that would undo all your hard work.

So do you know what a stringer is in geological sediments?

i'll make this easy for you,how about a stringer in a coal seam,do you know what it represents?

From a rockhound or geologists eye?
Still waiting,this will test my hypothesis that some have no clue.

I have also seen peeps get grants for just doing bird counts so ya,some do make a living off it allthough it may not be much,it beats working a real job.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
How big is the company?

Over $50 billion in sales last year.

School? How can you compare school to the real world?

Have you read a published scientific paper recently? Look at the author affiliations. Most published work is carried out by university researchers. That is the real world...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Over $50 billion in sales last year.

Have you read a published scientific paper recently? Look at the author affiliations. Most published work is carried out by university researchers. That is the real world...
Personel not sales. Only 5% of scientists work directly in research.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Most of my bosses are environmental scientists with a degree,are they still scientists?

Having a degree doesn't make someone a scientist. What is their job role as your boss? Is it to conduct research, or manage you and resources?

Becoming a manager is definitely in the career path for scientists. The resource managers in my company all used to be scientists. It's a logical career progression.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Having a degree doesn't make someone a scientist. What is their job role as your boss? Is it to conduct research, or manage you and resources?

Becoming a manager is definitely in the career path for scientists. The resource managers in my company all used to be scientists. It's a logical career progression.
80% of any work I do now involves the environment,thats why most managers now have been through environmental science in school or were hired to oversee any environmental problems.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
80% of any work I do now involves the environment,thats why most managers now have been through environmental science in school or were hired to oversee any environmental problems.

Again, having a degree doesn't mean someone is a scientist. A degree is a certificate of training. A scientist is a role.

Can you provide anymore context than that? Is that a figure for government employees? Sounds like malarky.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
One of the reasons I ask about the rock stringers is because anyone on the global warming bandwagon should have all the facts and not just gleaning graphs off the net,a rock stringer is basically mother natures graph,written in stone for all to see.What it represents will basically ruin most global warming fearmongerers statements in a heartbeat.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
One of the reasons I ask about the rock stringers is because anyone on the global warming bandwagon should have all the facts

Ahh, and those skeptical get a free pass on having all the facts? I'd like to know who is out there who does have all the facts. That's utopian nonsense. Nobody has all the facts.

No, I have no idea what a rock stringer is. It wasn't mentioned in my geology classes.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Again, having a degree doesn't mean someone is a scientist. A degree is a certificate of training. A scientist is a role.

Can you provide anymore context than that? Is that a figure for government employees? Sounds like malarky.
Military employs 56% of scientists and engineers, business 39% research 5%

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ahh, and those skeptical get a free pass on having all the facts? I'd like to know who is out there who does have all the facts. That's utopian nonsense. Nobody has all the facts.

No, I have no idea what a rock stringer is. It wasn't mentioned in my geology classes.
Thats odd,every geologist I have worked with knows what a rock stringer is,what it represents and how important it is concerning what was actually happening when it was deposited.

Geology 101
So a bentonite stringer would represent what?
Test to follow.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thats odd,every geologist I have worked with knows what a rock stringer is,what it represents and how important it is concerning what was actually happening when it was deposited.

Geology 101
Test to follow.
Another term is horizon.

And you have a link for that specific claim, right?
Why do I need a link?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Geology 101
Test to follow.

Ohhhh! Iknow!

(ahem) - the presence of a bentonite stringer indicates that a natural gap existed in the geologic structure and during the cementing process of a drilling episode, the bentonite that was injected to seal the well seeped into the gap thereby causing the event in the geologic record.

Now, how about that grade?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ohhhh! Iknow!

(ahem) - the presence of a bentonite stringer indicates that a natural gap existed in the geologic structure and during the cementing process of a drilling episode, the bentonite that was injected to seal the well seeped into the gap thereby causing the event in the geologic record.

Now, how about that grade?
fail.Thats possible but not the kind of stringer I meant.