Big Explosion in Oslo

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
hmmm...I can think of a couple groups that are likely responsible..and they ain't Norwegian...

This is hilarious

Oddly enough, it appears that 55 Mercury is absolutely correct.

That's just weird.

And disturbing.

What do you find disturbing and weird exactly? The fact that other people of other religious faiths other than Muslims can commit atrocities?
Christians can also hold fundamentalist ideals as we can blatantly see.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
APNewsBreak: Oslo bomb was 'Oklahoma City-type'

APNewsBreak: Oslo bomb was 'Oklahoma City-type' - Yahoo! News

would suggest that each "terror crime" be viewed on its own facts. As this event demonstrates , it is far too easy to snap to wrong conclusions about the criminals. This was not a "suicide" bomber..... as many of the Islam variety are prone to be.

The accused apparently fired the automatic rifles for over an hr and a half. Madness personified. What are the gun laws in Norway?? Anyone here know ??? What is the crime rate there??

If this madman was looking to make some pathetic "statement"..........he succeeded. and now has world wide notoriety. He is a "somebody" now..

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011

How many "others" have such a record I wonder.

This is your source of information? A site devoted to misinformation and incitement of hatred towards Muslims?
Do you have any interest in real facts or do you like to be willfully ignorant?
No one could seriously go to these websites and take anything that's on it with any more than a grain of salt.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Cripes - just do an explosive beer fart in a crowded mall food court and someone look at the person next to them and someone else will claim credit for the event....

LOL........ and a whole lot will be calling the "security" folks......while others will be texting urgent SOS messages to their authorities and families. Lots of Cellphone camera action........looking for the offender...;-) Not sure HOW they will photograph
video the "fart" in question.......but they will try. And straight to U-Tube.

This is your source of information? A site devoted to misinformation and incitement of hatred towards Muslims?
No one could seriously go to these websites and take anything that's on it with any more than a grain of salt.

Jolly good post. and welcome to the forum.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

that little "statistic" graphic is almost in line with XZillion Hamburgers sold ( Think McD) It smacks of promoting the activity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

What "misinformation"????

The accusation that the site is inaccurate is yours, therefore the onus to provide evidence that it is inaccurate is yours........

I doubt you can provide the required information.

I doubt you are simply gifted with some higher knowledge than the rest of us poor unfortunates...........which leaves only one possibility........

You prefer to deny the existence of an extensive Islamist terror campaign.

Did you say something about being "willfully ignorant"??????

Oh yeah.....something like this:

"Do you have any interest in real facts or do you like to be willfully ignorant?"

Find a mirror, and repeat it three times.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
What "misinformation"????

The accusation that the site is inaccurate is yours, therefore the onus to provide evidence that it is inaccurate is yours........

I doubt you can provide the required information.

I doubt you are simply gifted with some higher knowledge than the rest of us poor unfortunates...........which leaves only one possibility........

You prefer to deny the existence of an extensive Islamist terror campaign.

Did you say something about "willful ignorance"??????

Find a mirror, and repeat it three times.

Really? What misinformation??? The entire site is set up by ignorant islamophobic kids trying to incite hatred towards Muslims. That's literally it's only purpose for the website existing. No different than if a Neo-Nazi put up a site about Jews and blamed jews on the ills of society ...
This is a website that smart people wouldn't take seriously. It's not meant for fact-collection but basically a website where racist and bigots can feel good about promoting their negative views.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Really? What misinformation??? The entire site is set up by ignorant islamophobic kids trying to incite hatred towards Muslims. That's literally it's only purpose for the website existing. No different than if a Neo-Nazi put up a site about Jews and blamed jews on the ills of society ...
This is a website that smart people wouldn't take seriously. It's not meant for fact-collection but basically a website where racist and bigots can feel good about promoting their negative views.

Ahhh....so you are admitting you can not debate the matter with fact and/or a logical argument......you are only capable of heaping derision on the gentleman that originally posted.

Look around the site...........you'll find lots of Jew haters and holocaust deniers quoting idiotic web sites. You will also find that I have torn them into little bits, with documented facts.....which trumps innuendo and ideological BS without basis every time.

Stuff you just pull out of your arse is just crap.....you need to back up your argument.

Oh, BTW, I second Ocean Breeze.....welcome to the forum.

Apparently this guy is a fan of Geert Wilders and Pamela Geller.

Yeah, well....Hitler liked dogs. That doesn't make a dog the anti-Christ.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Ahhh....so you are admitting you can not debate the matter with fact and/or a logical argument......you are only capable of heaping derision on the gentleman that originally posted.

Look around the site...........you'll find lots of Jew haters and holocaust deniers quoting idiotic web sites. You will also find that I have torn them into little bits, with documented facts.....which trumps innuendo and ideological BS without basis every time.

Stuff you just pull out of your arse is just crap.....you need to back up your argument.

I just gave you a factual and logical argument.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
But look at how people will immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim as a knee-jerk reaction. Same happened after the Oklahoma bombings.

Wonder why it's a knee-jerk reaction?

Well, first off, Islam is not an "immigrant group", seeing that it's a religion that anyone can adopt or reject.

In Norway or anywhere in Western Europe, with the exception of Albania, yes it is an "immigrant group". Adoption of Islam does not even register a minute blip on any conceivable proverbial screen anywhere in Europe.

I don't see what race has to do with religion. A white guy can just as easily be Muslim as a black buy or any shade in between.

A 'white' 'guy' or 'girl' aren't just as likely to be muslim than somebody from the middle east. That statement compares to "a middle-eastern country is just as likely to be democratic as a western country". Simply not true.

The reason we suspect it's not a Muslim is because it's believed the suspect is in fact a white supremacist, not because he's white.

Again, it's unlikely he was muslim if he infact is a Norwegian right-wing extremist. Though possible, highly unlikely.

It's not unreasonable to assume that this type of attack is due to islamic barbarians, hoever."right wing extremists" will never be able to match the carnage of the islamists tho...

Hello? White extremists of any kind have committed more atrocities than anybody else. The British Imperialists in the Boer Wars against woman and children, the German Fascists in WWII against gays, political enemies and jews, and worst of all, the Russian Communists in their murder of tens of millions of people of any creed and political opinion over a period unmatched by the Germans and the British combined!

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Yeah, well....Hitler liked dogs. That doesn't make a dog the anti-Christ.

The dog is just a likable animal, at least in my opinion. :)
Geert on the other hand is an actual person, a person that spews dangerous rhetoric and incites hatred against Muslims.
We've seen clearly the violence rhetoric can cause.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I'll be honest and admit my first reaction was like Ron's: I thought it was an Islamic extremist group. This was reinforced by the fact that some Islamic groups DID try to claim the "credit". Call me a racist if you want but thats the world we live in today.

In the end though, I don't really care who did it, my heart is sick over those kids at the youth camp. I haven't seen any details but I'm assuming most of the victims are in their teens to early 20s, and it makes me weepy thinking about them.