Is Fukushima About to Blow?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Fukushima Nuclear Fuel Leaking Into Groundwater, Tepco Says Barrier Too Expensive, Will Hurt Stock Price

Thursday, 23 June 2011 11:22

'Japan is reporting that Fukushima nuclear fuel has burned through the containment vessel and is sitting on the concrete foundation of the plant leaking into the groundwater. TEPCO says an underground barrier needed to stop the molten lava from spreading in groundwater will cost too much money and will hurt their stock price.'​

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
What the Fukushima is Going on in Omaha?

Wednesday, 29 June 2011 07:58

'In the immediate aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japanese officials assured everyone that everything was alright; everything was under control, that the problem was limited and controllable. It took a few days for that lie to fall apart.
This time, it may be our turn. Something bad is happening in Nebraska. A state of emergency was declared for two counties where two nuclear plants are located – one at the Fort Calhoun nuclear facility and one at the Cooper Nuclear Station near Brownsville. Due to flooding from the Missouri River, some kind of emergency event is happening or about to happen there. The government is telling us not to worry, that there are just some precautionary measures going on to prevent a disaster from happening because of the flooding.'
Read more: What the Fukushima is Going on in Omaha?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Has it been a few hours yet?

Has Japan reached the magical number of 1 Million dead?
Give it 20 years. Look into the deaths in Belarus from Chernobyl and tell me burning radioactive metals are healthy for you.

It's like those jackass who think mercury in flu shots is safe because people who eat shellfish don't have issues.

When was the last time you cranked shellfish into your bloodstream?

Slam some clam!

Chernobyl Death Toll: The Price of Cheap Nuclear Energy is Yet Unclear

Published: 11 January 2010
While Belarus authorities are raising funds to build a new nuclear power plant, the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster are still puzzling the scientists. The British Guardian devoted an article to the increased cancer and infant mortality rates in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, which suffered the most from the disaster.

The UN's World Health Organisation and the International Atomic Energy Agency (responsible for promoting peaceful use of nuclear energy) report that only 56 people have died as a direct result of the Chernobyl-released radiation and about 4,000 will die from it eventually. Another UN Agency, the International Agency for Research on Cancer predicts 16,000 deaths from Chernobyl. Those "on the ground" have different figures - the Belarus National Academy of Sciences estimates 93,000 deaths so far and 270,000 cancers eventually and the Ukraine Academy of Science gives even higher figures. As the Guardian explains:
The mismatches in figures arise because there have been no comprehensive, co-ordinated studies of the health consequences of the accident. This is in contrast to Nagasaki and Hiroshima, where official research showed that the main rise in most types of cancer and non-cancer diseases only became apparent years after the atomic bombs fell.
A coordinated effort to study the consequences of the largest anthropogenic disaster in human's history is indeed necessary. This would serve not only Belarus, but many other countries.

One thing is already clear, thousands of human lives is a price too high to pay for cheap nuclear energy.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
"One thing is already clear, thousands of human lives is a price too high to pay for cheap nuclear energy."

bottom line says it all

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Australia went way ahead and set up trade agreements with Japan which any resource nation would fall on its knees to have the terms for.

That's why you don't hear much nagging from Japan anymore.

With security of resources Japan is keeping it up... with household technology ten years ahead of what Canada even knows to exist.

Australia loves itself as a nation and does not think it funny to rise up and show bully power gutting pensions to show who's boss.

Here's a Japanese rock star put on stage with a live band while she's 100% 3D hologram.

YouTube - ‪CV01 Hatsune Miku - World is Mine Live in HD (1080p 1920 x 1080)‬‏

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Give it 20 years. Look into the deaths in Belarus from Chernobyl and tell me burning radioactive metals are healthy for you.

They did and sadly for the anti-nuke crowd the number of deaths never materialized. So they used people who died of heart disease and added that to Chernobyl deaths.

Give it 20 years? Hmmm... you know, I'd say that you may be right. Enough people will die with cancer in that area and they will say in is from the Chernobyl disaster.

I would think burning camp fire smoke is unhealthy for you as well.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They did and sadly for the anti-nuke crowd the number of deaths never materialized. So they used people who died of heart disease and added that to Chernobyl deaths.

Give it 20 years? Hmmm... you know, I'd say that you may be right. Enough people will die with cancer in that area and they will say in is from the Chernobyl disaster.

I would think burning camp fire smoke is unhealthy for you as well.
Never materialized? Are you crazy?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Abornmal Spikes Reported In Southern California Radiation, Radioactivity In Los Angeles Peaches Jump 208% Above Normal

By: kr3at
Tags:
Abnormal spikes in Radiation have been detected in Southern California over the last several days, including radiation spikes in peaches from a local market jumping to levels 208% higher than normal background levels.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Stretch, any updates on whats going on at Fukushima II - Daini. Last info I've seen is Tepco wants to dump 3000 gallons of water fom reactor buildings into sea.
fail to see any significant effects being felt ontop of the11,500 tons already dumped...........maybe its just me

Japan's shores to affect seafood overseas." In other words, as TEPCO was dumping 11,500 tons of radioactive water in the sea, it already knew, but kept away from the public,

TEPCO Knew Radiation In Seawater Is 7.5 Million Above Normal Before It Started Dumping Radioactivity In Sea On Monday | ZeroHedge

Activist Post: Fukushima, Japan: Medical Media Indictment

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Has it been a few hours yet?

Just curious....
Just curious, will radiated beef that you will be buying (in Boston) have a label or will you be able to tell it is from Japan by leaving it on the counter overnight and counting the dead flies in the morning?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Just curious, will radiated beef that you will be buying (in Boston) have a label or will you be able to tell it is from Japan by leaving it on the counter overnight and counting the dead flies in the morning?
Will it get past the radiation detectors at the ports?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Hey man... I'm just asking a question. It was supposed to "blow" in a few hours... so you know... I was just wondering.

Oh... when do we get to say "1 Million" have died because of this? lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey man... I'm just asking a question. It was supposed to "blow" in a few hours... so you know... I was just wondering.

Did you miss the memo? 10's of millions have already died!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
What Happened and What Do We Face in Fukushima?

Saturday, 23 July 2011 07:21

'What happened in Fukushima, Japan on March 11, 2011 may be the most sinister global disaster in the recorded history of our planet. The repercussions of this historic disaster will remain for centuries to come. The manifestations of nuclear radiation from the meltdown of the reactors in Fukushima will haunt humanity in ways that we'll only discover over time. The obvious poisoning of our food, water, and air is just the beginning of what is happening to humanity, animal and plant life, and the planet.

In an interview with Harry Jabs, a nuclear physicist with as masters degree from Texas A&M and who has a Diploma in Physics from the University of Hamburg in Germany, we expose what had to have happened in Fukushima on March 11 and the weeks and months that followed. It is a shocking story that many cannot read without either disbelief or utter shock.'
Read more: What Happened and What Do We Face in Fukushima?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

If they hid the true number for Chernobyl then you don't expect the truth to come out of Japan do you?? Think they will ever find the 'missing ones'? Watch that number rise dramatically over the rears, oh wait, it will be hidden.
NHK WORLD English

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Threat to Japan’s Food Chain Multiplies as Radiation Spreads

Tags:
Radiation threats to Japan’s food chain are multiplying as cesium emissions from the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant spread more widely, moving from hay to cattle to beef.
Hay contaminated with as much as 690,000 becquerels a kilogram, compared with a government safety standard of 300 becquerels, has been fed to cattle. Beef with unsafe levels of the radioactive element was detected in four prefectures, the health ministry said July 23.