Is Fukushima About to Blow?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Once a liar always a liar.

A new report reveals that US and IAEA officials knew since March that the Fukushima nuclear power plant suffered a nuclear meltdown within 3.5 hours of the Japan earthquake and subsequently hid it from the public.

US And IAEA Knew Fukushima Had Meltdown Within Hours Of Japan Earthquake And Hid It From The Public :

Kind of puts the question on the IAEA about the reliability of this report.
(in part)
The details of the previously reported IAEA allegation that Syria was seeking to build a reactor will come as no surprise to the United States. U.S. intelligence agencies in April 2008 presented evidence asserting that Syria was building a clandestine plutonium reactor at Dair Alzour.

But the report paves the way for possible punitive action against Syria at the U.N. Security Council at a time when the West is seeking ways to increase pressure on President Bashar Assad over his regime's brutal crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators.

IAEA, Syria: Nuclear report on Syria may augur punitive action - latimes.com

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
why would my government want to harm me........... does the term "useless eaters" ring any bells???

US And IAEA Knew Fukushima Had Meltdown 3.5 Hours After Japan Earthquake And Hid It From The Public

Thursday, 26 May 2011 08:40

'A new report reveals that US and IAEA officials knew since late March that the Fukushima nuclear power plant suffered a nuclear meltdown within 3.5 hours of the Japan earthquake and subsequently hid it from the public.
Today we learn that top US officials and the IAEA was presented with data that showed the Fukushima nuclear reactor suffered a nuclear meltdown within 3.5 hours of the Japan earthquake but didn’t inform the public over the last 2 months because they were waiting for TEPCO to officially confirm the data.'
Read more: US And IAEA Knew Fukushima Had Meltdown 3.5 Hours After Japan Earthquake And Hid It From The Public

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
A new report reveals that US and IAEA officials knew since March that the Fukushima nuclear power plant suffered a nuclear meltdown within 3.5 hours of the Japan earthquake and subsequently hid it from the public.

That's not what the article says, but who's to quibble.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's not what the article says, but who's to quibble.
This is the source article below. I think it show that they did know and they kept their traps shut to help the power company out when they are supposed to be part of 'public safety'. Clearly one cannot do both roles at the same time, The big issue is if they are untruthful with this serious matter what other stuff have they been untruthful about in the past? The US Gov was also in on keeping a lid on how serious it was.

Mainichi English: US Researcher Says Fukushima Reactor Had Meltdown 3.5 Hours after Cooling System Collapsed | EX-SKF

Here's the summary of the simulation by Allison, as described in the Mainichi English article (linked below):

1. The emergency core cooling system (ECCS) fails;
  2. 50 minutes later: reactor core starts to melt;
  3. 1 hour 20 minutes later: control rods and other pipes inside the RPV start to melt;
  4. 3 hours 20 minutes later: most of the melted jumble ("corium") drops to the bottom of RPV;
  5. 4 hours 20 minutes later: temperature at the bottom of the RPV reaches 1,642 degrees Celsius, damaging the RPV stainless steel lining [melting point of stainless steel is 1,510 degrees Celsius].

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
This is the source article below. I think it show that they did know and they kept their traps shut to help the power company out when they are supposed to be part of 'public safety'.

I read the article. Did you? There's a word in there that you might happen to understand. Simulation. You cannot 'know' something based on a simulation.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I thought the 'knowing part' would be in the raw data, ie various compounds found and at what levels. Finding some would be markers for what a meltdown would produce. I doubt those software simulators are running on an x-box. Perhaps you should look at how the aircraft industry does it's crash reconstructions.

I'm not going to pretend to know all the various elements but the iodine one has such a short half-life that it should not have been as high as it was. Putting those numbers in would spit out the answer, core meltdown.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I thought the 'knowing part' would be in the raw data, ie various compounds found and at what levels. Finding some would be markers for what a meltdown would produce. I doubt those software simulators are running on an x-box. Perhaps you should look at how the aircraft industry does it's crash reconstructions.

Nobody has been able to land an Airbus on water in a simulator without crashing.
Therefore, Capt Scully did not do so, and all those passengers died.

Simulations are not reality, and that's why sometimes gov't agencies don't run off half cocked based on simulations, without more hard data. Which is what they were waiting for TEPCO to provide.

But I digress; your story said that they 'knew' it had melted down. And I simply pointed out that the article quoted didn't actually say that.

The word 'know' implies absolute knowledge, as opposed to 'believe', which allows for the uncertainty that you would expect in a situation like this.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Fukushima melt-down worse than Chernobyl

By: portos
Tags:
The situation at the quake-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan appears to have fit into the worst predicted scenario. Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), which operates Fukushima, has officially admitted that fuel rods at the Fukushima reactors have partially melted, with a melt-down registered at one of the reactors. Remarkably, the announcement came on Tuesday when IAEA delegations arrived in Japan to inspect the power plant. More from Artyom Ananyan…

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I haven't read anything about how the winds will affect the 'dust' and what the rain will do to the dust that gets mixed with water, does that soak into the ground or get carried away with runoff?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Think it will ever get to 'I want my mana?' lol.

Now if we can just get the TSA to do lots of 'drink milk' ads we have our 'canaries in a coalmine' safety net.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If this follows the past the the 'ones who made errors' will get a raise in the chain of command and a big fat bonus to go along with it while the ones left out in the danger-zone will end up getting medical care taken away if the event can be classified as something that just happens to slip through a loop-hole. My question would be if they were intentionally lying back then then how do the Citizens make sure they are getting accurate information. Some of the elderly may decide to stay as old age would still take them faster than the long term effects of breathing in radiation. IAEA will not put out any repoerts that damage the niclear industry, that was established by the Chernobyl Report they did

NISA doubles early fallout estimate | The Japan Times Online

NISA on Monday more than doubled its estimate of the radioactive material ejected into the air in the early days of the Fukushima nuclear crisis to 770,000 terabecquerels.

The nuclear safety agency also issued its own assessment of the cores in reactors 1, 2 and 3 at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant, assuming that all of them melted, and said it was possible the meltdowns in units 1 and 2 happened faster than the time frame estimated by Tokyo Electric Power Co.

If the sealife on the West Coast starts jumping into the nets are they trying to commit suicide?

The only thing that got blown was a lie.

Last edited:

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Worse Than Meltdown, Government Report Says Devastating 'Melt-through' Has Occurred at Fukushima; Official Suggests Japan Could Become 'Uninhabitable'

Thursday, 09 June 2011 07:46

'Recent reports confirming that Reactors 1, 2, and 3 of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility completely melted just hours after the devastating earthquake and tsunami hit the area on March 11 have been trumped by even worse news that those same reactors have all likely "melted through," a situation that according to Japan's Daily Yomiuri DY is "the worst possibility in a nuclear accident."

And senior political official Ichiro Ozawa suggested in an interview with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that the Fukushima situation could make the entire country of Japan "unlivable".'

Read more: Worse Than Meltdown, Government Report Says Devastating 'Melt-through' Has Occurred at Fukushima; Official Suggests Japan Could Become 'Uninhabitable'

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
How come they don't just water-bomb it with cement?

They need to shot in some stuff that can absorb and neutralize the
Nuclear fuels neutron reaction. Hard for them to do that with over
100 000 ton's of water over the molten Lava they need to get too.
In other words they totally messed up, with the feed and bleed. Cause
now that radioactive water is Impossible for humans to safely pump out.
And equipment to pump it out become so dangerous to handle very fast.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
They need to shot in some stuff that can absorb and neutralize the
Nuclear fuels neutron reaction. Hard for them to do that with over
100 000 ton's of water over the molten Lava they need to get too.
In other words they totally messed up, with the feed and bleed. Cause
now that radioactive water is Impossible for humans to safely pump out.
And equipment to pump it out become so dangerous to handle very fast.

So it's already beyond the ****ed-up stage.

But these are spent fuel rods.

I know that if you encase spent fuel rods in concrete it's another way to stop the evaporation of radiative Cesium. You'll need a mountain of concrete to do it, but it can be done.

I know that other places have been encased in concrete, and I know concrete is heavy to carry such that one might have to call in special-design purpose Hurcs or even Russian help, but bloody hell the ****ing MBA's having tripsed their way to congress on the basis of an Armani suit and the right tie are dumb-**** retarded about how to deal with this and don't have a clue what kinds of orders to give.

In the mean time it's affecting everyone.

Uhhh... lemme rephrase a bit. It has to be lead-heavy concrete.

Last edited: