Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China's vows to bolster ties with Poland

Top Leadership
...and he never carried a gun .
Other Central Leaders
Communist Party of China CPC>>News
08:22, November 05, 2010
China's top political adviser Jia Qinglin met Grzegorz Schetyna, speaker of the Polish House of Representatives, here Thursday and vowed to bolster ties with the central European nation.

Jia, chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) National Committee, applauded Chinese-Polish relations, urging the two sides to boost economic and trade cooperation.

"China attaches importance to the relations with Poland, which is China's important partner in Europe and the European Union," Jia said.

China will, based on the principles of mutual respect, mutually beneficial, non-interference of domestic affairs, further personnel exchange with Poland, expand cooperation in various fields such as trade and economy, take care of each other's core interests and major concern, Jia said.

Schetyna welcomed Jia's visit, during which several agreements on economic and technological cooperation were inked, saying it would contribute to the development of bilateral ties.

Jia arrived here Tuesday for a five-day official goodwill visit. He will continue his four-state trip after visiting Krakow, the ancient Polish capital in the south of the country.

Upon his arrival at Krakow Thursday afternoon from Warsaw, Jia met with Stanislaw Kracik, governor of the Lesser Poland Voivodeship in southern Poland.

He hailed the cooperation between the Polish province and its sister Jiangsu Province in east China, urging the two provinces to further such ties.

What a man ......................,wright Colpy ?

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Re: China's vows to bolster ties with Poland

China, you should be ashamed of what you have become, you're basically a propaganda tool of the Chinese government.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

Anytime China (the country) aligns itself (usually by force and/or deception) it to an unsuspecting prey, it is the death knell of those fall victim for the force or are the dupes for the deception.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The population of Poland is 38 million people..................

The Chinese Communist Party has murdered at least 50 million, and possibly as many as 70 million people since 1949.

Try to imagine how impressed I am with those that spend their time licking the arse of the Chinese Communist Party.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Chairman Mao says political power comes out of the barrel of a gun. That is pretty much how all communist governments work.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

I'm not sure why you don't post all this in the thread that was created specifically for you. Please do so in the future.

*thread merged*

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
ColpyBut But But....I thought the wonderful Chinese were all green and such........going for the solar-powered Smart cars...LOL
Colpy ,obviously there is a big gap between what you think and and what is a reality of a subject .
The more China writes, the deeper the hole he digs.
Well Colpy you miss the target again ; these posts about China are not my own personal scripts nor my personal "opinion"-( I don,t have any opinions) these are copies of articles from Chinese newspaper.I just wonder why you can't decipher that .|Anyhow ,this time , when I'll go to China I'll buy myself a Bently and every time I'l will use it to deposit my money in a bank; in Honk Kong ....I'll be thinking of you Colpy .

Green legacy sprouts in Shanghai

By Qian Yanfeng (China Daily)
SHANGHAI - Although the curtain has fallen on the Expo, for Sun Jiwei, chief of the Jiading district in Shanghai, it actually marks a new beginning for China's urban development with its legacies on sustainability.

Special Coverage:
Green Transportation in China
Farewell, Shanghai Expo!
Related readings:
New 'green' buses take to the road in S China

University students make green pledge

China to hold green industry Expo in November

'Thrilling Asian Games, Green Guangdong'
The district, 30 km from downtown Shanghai, is ready to pilot China's low-carbon development in its urbanization drive by using green technologies and concepts showcased at the Expo, he said. Thanks to the successful demonstration of more than 1,000 electric and hydrogen fuel-cell buses at the Expo, the streets of Shanghai are expected to see 20,000 new-energy vehicles by 2020 as the government steps up its support of the industry.
About 70 percent of that target will be met in Jiading, which has strong research and development in the sector, as well as manufacturing capacity, said Sun.
He said the district government will offer preferential policies, infrastructure and service support for the development of the industry, and that the government will be a major purchaser of new-energy cars to accelerate their use on the roads.
Jiading New Town, a suburban city currently under construction, will be a test zone for emerging low-carbon technologies which are likely to become norms for future cities, said the chief.
One technology likely to be replicated in the new town is the Air Tree, which was exhibited at the Madrid Case Pavilion at the Expo.
The tree, a steel decagon structure designed for better ventilation, can use natural air and wind to cool internal temperature by as much as 8 C.
Sun said the planning of the new town tries to retain as many old buildings as possible by adapting them to new functions, minimizing the environmental impact of large-scale demolition. Most of the old construction materials will be put into use again, he said.
Sun, who has a PhD in architecture, said China has a long way to go to make its construction sector green. Many of the so-called green buildings in China focus only on energy saving and heat preservation, while the concept of green entails a whole system of practices from the use of environmentally friendly construction materials to the low-carbon lifestyles of inhabitants.
"China has only very elementary standards for green buildings. The government should come up with compulsory and stricter regulations in the sector to help it really go green," he said.
"Meanwhile, people's habits and lifestyles will be the essence of a low-carbon city. We should educate people more on that."

China, you should be ashamed of what you have become, you're basically a propaganda tool of the Chinese government.
DurkaDurka

DD ,I thought you could perceive things on a MUCH bigger scale, guess I WAS WRONG .

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Thanks Spade...China .

#juan
Chairman Mao says political power comes out of the barrel of a gun. That is pretty much how all communist governments work.

Please educate me #j; where does Mao say that ? I hope you realize that Chairman Mao was Chinese not American or Canadian. You don't say things like this in China .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China achieves 'notable' progress in human rights: UN human rights official
23:09, October 19, 2010

China has made notable achievements in promoting people's economic and social rights, a senior human rights official from the United Nations said at an international forum which started Tuesday.

"China's experience shows that its extraordinary economic performance also came with notable progress in some areas of human rights over the last two decades," said Anders Kompass, in a speech at the opening ceremony of the Third Beijing Forum on Human Rights.

Anders Kompass serves as director of Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights of the United Nations (OHCHR).

"China's economic development impressed me the most. The Chinese government has helped its people obtain economic and social rights," he told a Xinhua reporter. "China has set an example for the world."

In a paper he delivered to the organizer of the forum, the China Society for Human Rights Studies, Kompass used facts and figures to showcase the country's progress in protecting people' s rights in judicial affairs.

"There were 3,000 lawyers in China in 1978. Today, there are approximately 150,000 lawyers, making the Chinese legal profession the third-largest in the world," he wrote in the paper.

"By the end of 2009, some 3,274 legal aid organizations and 58,031 legal aid service centers had also been set up at the provincial, city and county levels," the paper noted.

This year's forum is discussing the theme "Human Rights and Development: Rethinking Concepts, Models and Approaches."

"I think a major challenge to China is how to sustain this development," Kompass said.

Ten years after the Millennium Development Goals were established, it had become clear that the objectives of human well-being and dignity for all, as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, could not be achieved if development was pursued in isolation from human rights, he said in his opening speech.

The Universal Periodic Review (UPR), which China underwent before the Human Rights Council in 2009 (as did all other UN member states), also provided a framework to integrate human rights with development policies, he said.

"Among the conclusions and recommendations of the UPR endorsed by the government of China, many are relevant to development," Kompass added.

In February 2009, China underwent a review by the United Nations Human Rights Council for the first time. Four months later, the UN Human Rights Council verified and approved its report reviewing China's human rights situation.

About 100 senior human rights officials and experts from 28 countries as well as from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and international organizations attended the forum.

Source: Xinhua

I think Chairman Mao doesn't "says" nothin'. He be dead. Unless someone around hear is a trans-medium.

Well Cliffy , it is not the correctness of the grammatical structure of the sentence as much as understanding the message the sentence carries of which obviously you have none .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Colpy ,obviously there is a big gap between what you think and and what is a reality of a subject .
Well Colpy you miss the target again ; these posts about China are not my own personal scripts nor my personal "opinion"-( I don,t have any opinions) these are copies of articles from Chinese newspaper.I just wonder why you can't decipher that .|Anyhow ,this time , when I'll go to China I'll buy myself a Bently and every time I'l will use it to deposit my money in a bank; in Honk Kong ....I'll be thinking of you Colpy .

Then maybe you should write what your opinions are so that you don't come across as just a shill for the Chinese communist party.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Thanks Spade...China .

#juan

Please educate me #j; where does Mao say that ? I hope you realize that Chairman Mao was Chinese not American or Canadian. You don't say things like this in China .

One would have thought that you would know this. I have a copy of Mao's little red book:

Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
"Problems of War and Strategy" (November 6, 1938), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 224.​

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
China achieves 'notable' progress in human rights: UN human rights official
23:09, October 19, 2010

China has made notable achievements in promoting people's economic and social rights, a senior human rights official from the United Nations said at an international forum which started Tuesday.

"China's experience shows that its extraordinary economic performance also came with notable progress in some areas of human rights over the last two decades," said Anders Kompass, in a speech at the opening ceremony of the Third Beijing Forum on Human Rights.

Anders Kompass serves as director of Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights of the United Nations (OHCHR).

"China's economic development impressed me the most. The Chinese government has helped its people obtain economic and social rights," he told a Xinhua reporter. "China has set an example for the world."

In a paper he delivered to the organizer of the forum, the China Society for Human Rights Studies, Kompass used facts and figures to showcase the country's progress in protecting people' s rights in judicial affairs.

"There were 3,000 lawyers in China in 1978. Today, there are approximately 150,000 lawyers, making the Chinese legal profession the third-largest in the world," he wrote in the paper.

"By the end of 2009, some 3,274 legal aid organizations and 58,031 legal aid service centers had also been set up at the provincial, city and county levels," the paper noted.

This year's forum is discussing the theme "Human Rights and Development: Rethinking Concepts, Models and Approaches."

"I think a major challenge to China is how to sustain this development," Kompass said.

Ten years after the Millennium Development Goals were established, it had become clear that the objectives of human well-being and dignity for all, as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, could not be achieved if development was pursued in isolation from human rights, he said in his opening speech.

The Universal Periodic Review (UPR), which China underwent before the Human Rights Council in 2009 (as did all other UN member states), also provided a framework to integrate human rights with development policies, he said.

"Among the conclusions and recommendations of the UPR endorsed by the government of China, many are relevant to development," Kompass added.

In February 2009, China underwent a review by the United Nations Human Rights Council for the first time. Four months later, the UN Human Rights Council verified and approved its report reviewing China's human rights situation.

About 100 senior human rights officials and experts from 28 countries as well as from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and international organizations attended the forum.

Source: Xinhua

Well Cliffy , it is not the correctness of the grammatical structure of the sentence as much as understanding the message the sentence carries of which obviously you have none .

Anders Kompass serves as director of Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights of the United Nations

A six foot crowbar was used to pry Mr. Kompass' lips from the arse of his Chinese hosts immediately before he made his speech. :)

As if I gave a rat's ass what the UN Human Rights people think! How absolutely devoid of common sense can one person be??

ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
One would have thought that you would know this. I have a copy of Mao's little red book:
Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
I sure got educated today .I also got the "|Red Book". It was sold to me as the 'original ' one ........ in Chinese and English-haha .I keep it just for historical reasons - that's it.

Anders Kompass serves as director of Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights of the United Nations

A six foot crowbar was used to pry Mr. Kompass' lips from the arse of his Chinese hosts immediately before he made his speech. :)

As if I gave a rat's ass what the UN Human Rights people think! How absolutely devoid of common sense can one person be??

ROTFLMAO
Colpy

----don,t get a heart attack.

BULL ,Colpy .You better watch what you are saying .Without that `worse state` ,the shelves in Canada will be empty .Wonder why.
China's Hu named most powerful person
By Qin Jize (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-11-06 08:59

China's President Hu Jintao (L) is greeted by France's Prime Minister Francois Fillon before a meeting at the Hotel Matignon in Paris November 5, 2010. [Agencies]
BEIJING - Forbes magazine has named President Hu Jintao as the world's most powerful person, a move that analysts say shows global acknowledgement of China's contribution to the world's economic recovery.

Related readings:
2010 Forbes China Rich List
Hu Jintao to visit US early next year

United States President Barack Obama slipped to second place on the annual list. Obama had previously been considered the world's most powerful person but his party's defeat in the midterm elections may have had some influence on the latest rankings. China's peaceful rise on the world stage is also likely to have been a decisive factor.
Analysts said China's burgeoning economy might have tipped the scales in Hu's favor. They noted that China's remarkable contribution to the world's economy helped it gain a strong international reputation.
Yuan Peng, a researcher with China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, said other nations have been struggling with the economic recession while China has impressed the world with its economic development.
"It has not only achieved rapid economic growth in the shadow of the financial crisis but it has also helped other nations by providing capital and markets that are badly needed," Yuan said.
Fan Jishe, an analyst with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said another significant factor in Hu's ranking was China's stable social development and its ability to overcome natural disasters in recent years.

"The effective measures taken by the government also earned credits for Hu," Fan said. Fu Mengzi, another researcher with China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, said the Shanghai Expo also served as a good opportunity to promote China and raise Hu's profile.
Forbes magazine said it used four criteria to define power - whether the person has influence over a lot of people; whether the person controls significant wealth compared to their peers; whether the person is powerful in more than one sphere and whether they actively wield that power.
Third place went to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, a country with one-fifth of the world's oil reserves. The value of crude oil owned by his country is estimated at $22 trillion. The magazine claimed Abdullah consolidated his power by pursuing conservative Islamic values while maintaining close ties with the US.
Wang Di contributed to this story.
China Daily

the above is not my opinion- just a copy of an article copied from Chinese paper .

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Then maybe you should write what your opinions are so that you don't come across as just a shill for the Chinese communist party.

That would mean reversing the transplant operation he had undertaken - Evey time he sits now, people can see that he loses face.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China unswervingly pursues peaceful development

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2010-11-06 16:28

BEIJING - Facing concerns by some western countries about China's ongoing development, which they think is a "threat", Chinese experts have again said that the country, in fact, will always pursue a path of peaceful development.
"China's development depends on world peace and it will contribute to world peace," said Shi Yongming, a researcher at the Department for International Strategic Studies of the China Institute of International Studies, a key government think tank.

Related readings:
Upgrade urged to counter US probes
Strategic partners

Shi's words echoed Premier Wen Jiabao's explanation on the essence of China's peaceful development during a speech delivered to world leaders and delegates to the annual general session of the UN General Assembly in September. Wen said China would stay firmly committed to peaceful development, whose essence was "to foster a peaceful international environment for our development and, at the same time, contribute to world peace through our development."
Shi said that to foster a peaceful international environment, China had always given priority to "mutually-beneficial cooperation," which is considered an effective way to tackle disputes in international relations.
He said the fruitful cooperation helped China "gain a peaceful external environment" so that it could focus on its domestic development.
The country's economy saw an annual growth of 11.4 percent on average during the first four years of the 11th Five-year Program (2006-2010). Additionally, the first half of this year saw an 11.1 percent growth, outshining the pace of developed nations.
President Hu Jintao recently reiterated China's adherence to the path of peaceful development in a written interview with France's Le Figaro newspaper and Portugal's Lusa News Agency on the eve of his visit to the two countries.
"China respects the right of the people of other countries to choose their own path of development," Hu said. "China will never interfere in other countries' internal affairs, never impose its own will on others, and is dedicated to peaceful settlements of international conflicts."
Hu said China, with its defensive national defense policy, would never seek hegemony and would never pursue expansion, and China's development was "an important part of the development process of human society."
According to the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee's Proposal for Formulating the 12th Five-Year Program for China's Economic and Social Development (2011-2015), which was adopted at the Fifth Plenum of the 17th CPC Central Committee last month, the country's stance on peaceful development was repeated.
The document, which would shape China's development over the next five years, noted, "China will...adhere to an independent foreign policy of peace, sticking to the path of peaceful development..."
The country also issued a white paper entitled, "China's Peaceful Development Road," in 2005, which, for the first time, elaborated its firm resolution to abide by maintaining peaceful foreign relations. In the same year, China reiterated this commitment in its 11th Five-Year Program.
"China was trying to reassure its neighbors and the world that it would not pose a threat as it gained in strength," said Prof. Joseph Fewsmith of International Relations and Political Science at Boston University, the United States.
"Generally speaking, China's actions are in accordance with its words," Fewsmith said, adding the "China threat theory" has been replaced by talk of China's "soft power."
Gao Zugui, director of the Institute of World Politics of the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, said China's development path was "completely different from the growth mode of some western powers."
China would "never follow the footsteps of western nations that sought hegemony once they grew strong," Gao said, adding that China's growth would "never harm or pose a threat to anyone."
Tao Wenzhao, a research fellow of the Institute of American Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, another government think-tank, said China had proven that its development contributed to world peace.
He noted that China always advocated solving both international and regional issues through peaceful means.
China was effective and constructive in solving a series of hot spot issues, such as the Iran nuclear and the Korean Peninsula nuclear issues, as well as combating pirates, maintaining the international nuclear non-proliferation regime, multilateral arms control and reduction, anti-terrorism and peacekeeping, Tao said.
While China's influence would continue to grow in the future, western nations would become more "worried and vigilant" about China's growth, and voices calling on China to "shoulder more responsibilities" and "play more important roles" would arise, said Zhou Qingan, a research fellow at the Center for International Communication Studies at Beijing-based Tsinghua University.
Zhou added that "it's time for China to ponder its own rhythm," saying that in the past the country always followed others' models to develop itself.
"During the 12th Five-Year Program period, China should follow its own pace and deal with key issues such as urbanization, increasing personal incomes and narrowing disparities between rural and urban areas," he said.
"Public diplomacy" was also stressed in the proposal for the next five-year blueprint, Zhou said, adding that the government was not the only protagonist in adhering to the peaceful development road, and the masses should participate as well.
"China's peaceful development road means a guarantee for world stability, as policies of the country with the world's largest population are predictable," he said.

Companies

China set to become jewel in Tiffany crown

Shoppers at the Tiffany & Co flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York. The jeweler has aggressive expansion plans in China after reporting strong sales growth in the country. [Photo/ Agencies]

US jeweler aims to open more stores on the back of rampant demand
BEIJING - Tiffany & Co, the US jeweler, said it is pinpointing China as the place where it will open the most stores globally over the next three years, a move driven by robust sales growth in the market.
"China will rapidly become the place where we will have the greatest number of new stores. Within the next three years, the number will stand between 25 and 30," Michael J. Kowalski, chairman of Tiffany & Co, told China Daily.
The New York-based company plans to open 14 stores during its current fiscal year, which ends in January 2011, and four of those outlets will be in China.
"We will keep the same pace on store openings during the next fiscal year, but will invest more in China's second and even third-tier cities," Kowalski said.
In the second quarter of 2010, Tiffany witnessed its fastest growth in China, with a 27 percent increase compared with the same period last year.
Kowalski expected sales in the Asia-Pacific region, led by China, could increase by a mid-20s percentage for the whole year.
At present, the jeweler has 12 retail stores and boutiques in the country, including three in Beijing, four in Shanghai and one in Chengdu.

The lure of the silver screen looms ever larger Related readings:
Tiffany diamond stolen from mall

Tiffany raises FY outlook on sales

Tiffany opens outlet in Tianjin
Tiffany's new store at China World Shopping Mall in Beijing will open in November, with another in Kunming set to begin trading in December. To attract as many customers as possible in its fastest-growing market, Tiffany unveiled its 2011 jewels and diamonds collections in Beijing on Oct 22 - the first time the brand has unveiled a major new collection outside its home market.
"We aim to let Chinese customers become more familiar with the connotation and history of our brand through this activity, which brings Tiffany closer to its Chinese buyers," Kowalski said.
In contrast to other luxury brands, whose stores are operated by their Chinese distributors, all of Tiffany's boutiques in China are owned directly by the company, and Kowalski said they do not plan to involve a sales agency.
He said the company can manage the business even when entering an emerging market and will not compromise long-term value in pursuit of short-term benefits.
Currently, 97 percent of Tiffany stores around the world are operated directly by the company.
Tiffany also said China will surpass the United States to become the largest jewelry market in the world over the next five to 10 years.
Kowalski said the Chinese market is growing so rapidly that even three years ago he could never have anticipated opening 12 stores and seeing the country provide the company's biggest growth figures.
Next year, yellow diamonds will be a growing part of Tiffany's designs around the world and it expects strong sales of the new collection in China.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China deals heavy blow to porn industry
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2010-11-05 22:40

BEIJING - China, in a campaign starting from last year end, has dealt a heavy blow to the porn industry, especially the online dissemination of obscene content via Internet and mobile phones, the Supreme People's Court (SPC) said Friday.
Related readings:
China orders 47 websites to remove porn novels or be shut down
S China police release 'porn' author amid uproar
China continues crackdown on electronic porn
China shuts down another 16,000 porn websites

Around 1332 people received punishments for producing, duplicating, publishing, selling and spreading pornographic and vulgar information from December 2009 to October 2010, and among them five were given prison sentences of five years or more, the SPC told Xinhua. The SPC February issued a judicial interpretation on crimes of spreading obscene content via Internet, mobile WAP sites or telephone information service as the country has intensified its crackdown on online porn

China's top 10 leisure spots unveiled

(chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2010-11-05 12:45

Comments(3)
Print
Mail
Large Medium Small A list of China's top 10 leisure cities was unveiled on Nov 2. Hangzhou, Qingdao, Sanya, Lijiang, Chengdu, Yantai, Huangshan, Guilin, Qinhuangdao and Suzhou are on the list which is based on the results of a survey organized by China Tourism Association, National Technical Committee on Leisure of Standardization Administration and people.com.cn.
Suzhou, Jiangsu province
A traditional and historical garden in Suzhou, East China's Jiangsu province, is filled with visitors on Oct 5, 2010. [Photo/Xinhua]​

Tiger Hill in Suzhou, East China's Jiangsu province, Nov 28, 2009. [Photo/Xinhua]​

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Page
Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Page

Last edited: