Oil Sands are Alberta staples

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They are using from local reservoirs in the western part of the province I was there last month....I don't know about the Weyburn area they might still be getting it from the states..

The power plants the want to use it in are coal plants near Edmonton.
Yeah the Midale and Weyburn fields are still getting imported CO2. When the capture system is finished in Estevan that will be the Canadian source.

You guys are 10 years behind the PTRC in Regina or what?

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
I've been in the oil patch for 38yrs pal and it is you that doesn't have a clue what you are on about....

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
Saskatchewan isn't exactly on the cutting edge of petroleum product...they may have many obscure organizations that nobody else knows about or cares about...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
NRCan is obscure? Exxon-Mobil, BP, Petro Can, Husky, Shell all obscure huh?

You picked the wrong guy to try and bull****.

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
I worked for Shell and was a consultant for Husky last year and don't have to explain anthing to a dimwith

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Then you'd know Shell & Husky are deeply involved with PTRC developing EOR using CO2 and VAPEX and various other solvent methods.

But some how it eluded you seeing how they are the organization representing all IEA members in developing EOR technology and all kicked in to set up the PTRC.

How did you miss that one when Googling?

winespius

Nominee Member
Jul 20, 2011
I was in Lloyd and Calgary for Husky on the Upgrader and worked for Shell Calgary 30yrs ago....I am downstream and not really interested in EOR except for the pilot in SW Saskatchewan and our focus is Battery equipment and not downhole...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I was in Lloyd and Calgary for Husky on the Upgrader and worked for Shell Calgary 30yrs ago....I am downstream and not really interested in EOR except for the pilot in SW Saskatchewan and our focus is Battery equipment and not downhole...

So what you're saying is that you're 30 years out of date on technology and are too damn lazy to keep up with it.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
So what you're saying is that you're 30 years out of date on technology and are too damn lazy to keep up with it.
No, I think what he is saying is that he has contributed enormously to the advancement of Oil technology and has been a pioneer in the advancing of SAGD technology in the Oil Sands.

Unlike Ontario, who use American technology to put their cars together and are subsidized by the Canadian taxpayer, he is showing people like you that Westerners do have the technical skills to compete on a world wide basis without any subsides from the Fed government.

You should read his posts carefully, you have a lot to learn on what it takes to be successful in a competitive environment.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Go fix your crime problem Petros or we'll have to come there and solve it for you like we're showing you how to recover your oil.
Do you want me to run you through the bull**** cycle too? At least your bull**** is just stupidity and not intentional.

Or do we have a team of liars on our hands to deal with?